I just bought an unlocked Q10 on eBay. It's 'Manufacturer Refurbished', Version SQN100-2, which is the Verizon model, and has the Verizon label. I put my T-Mobile SIM card in, and it's working ok so far, and is picking up a 4G LTE signal.

T-Mobile is supposed to use SQN100-5 version. In comparing the two versions, it may be connecting on just one LTE channel. Does the fact that it's been unlocked open additional channels, or am I going to be severely limited by signal possibilities? I currently live in a major metro area with plenty of signal, but do travel in the country.

Should I keep or return it? It's in mint condition and only paid $92 for it... Thanks for your responses...
    03-02-16 11:41 PM
    out of the 5 high speed TMO bands, the -5 has 4 of them. The -2 has just 2: LTE band 4, and UMTS 1900. You aren't going to get anything more out of the -2.

As for whether this is enough, it's difficult to say--depends on where out in the country you go.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...encies-798804/
    03-03-16 12:05 AM
    I just bought an unlocked Q10 on eBay. It's 'Manufacturer Refurbished', Version SQN100-2, which is the Verizon model, and has the Verizon label. I put my T-Mobile SIM card in, and it's working ok so far, and is picking up a 4G LTE signal.

T-Mobile is supposed to use SQN100-5 version. In comparing the two versions, it may be connecting on just one LTE channel. Does the fact that it's been unlocked open additional channels, or am I going to be severely limited by signal possibilities? I currently live in a major metro area with plenty of signal, but do travel in the country.

Should I keep or return it? It's in mint condition and only paid $92 for it... Thanks for your responses...
    Here's a radical thought ... Call T-Mobile and find out from the people that (supposedly) know the answer to your question. Then when you find out differently you can complain about them not giving you the correct answer, instead of complaining about someone here giving you that information.

Posted using a Q10, 10.3.2.2474.
    03-03-16 07:51 AM
    Uh... Hadn't considered "complaining" about advice from this board...until your post... Uh, thanks...
    03-03-16 07:00 PM
    Uh... Hadn't considered "complaining" about advice from this board...until your post... Uh, thanks...
    You're welcome. But, seriously call T-Mobile and ask your questions to their CSRS and see what they have to say about their system. No one is in a better position to answer questions about their system than they.

03-04-16 05:21 AM
    Calling T-Mobile really was my first thought, but I just didn't want to go through five layers of duh until they say it's not optimal for our network. I did and do still think Crackberry has better answers.

BTW, it seems crazy, but I'm having zero problems thus far, plenty of signal everywhere, I guess with the only crossover frequencies between Verizon and T-Mobile. I've got two weeks to decide whether to keep it or not, and right now I'm liking it a lot.

In the meantime, I'm waiting for a specific issue to come up before I call T-Mobile. Thanks Halifax...
    03-04-16 08:29 PM
    Calling T-Mobile really was my first thought, but I just didn't want to go through five layers of duh until they say it's not optimal for our network. I did and do still think Crackberry has better answers.

BTW, it seems crazy, but I'm having zero problems thus far, plenty of signal everywhere, I guess with the only crossover frequencies between Verizon and T-Mobile. I've got two weeks to decide whether to keep it or not, and right now I'm liking it a lot.

In the meantime, I'm waiting for a specific issue to come up before I call T-Mobile. Thanks Halifax...
    You're welcome.

03-05-16 01:52 AM