Will there be a q15 or q30?

The all mighty Z10 4G LTE
    08-08-13 06:33 PM
    I dont think we will see them this year. But there might be plans next year for a device like that
    keypad likes this.
    08-08-13 06:41 PM
    I'm hoping for a Z10 size screen with a Q10 keypad and battery of course ;-) maybe a slider hehe

Posted via CB10
    moody, keypad and redantz like this.
    08-08-13 07:56 PM
    I wonder if BlackBerry would every do something so daft as a longer Q10 with a 1280 x 720 screen. it would probably be about 7" long but you know, 7" is a pretty nice length, actually.
    08-09-13 06:02 PM
    We should see another Q10 by Spring/Summer of '14. Slightly updated specs, but otherwise very similar. That's just a guess on my part; no inside info at all.

@dunaway - Posted with TMO Q10 via CB10
    keypad likes this.
    08-09-13 07:05 PM
    I would love to see one for sure, but only if they optimised bb10 for physical keyboard devices. Things like speed dial in home screen, holding the 'a' button to lock the phone, holding 'Q' to switch to vibrate mode, and customisable home screen keyboard shortcuts. If they don't implement these, or make more use of the keyboard, I won't buy one.

Posted via CB10
    LV and Javid Gozalov like this.
    08-09-13 09:27 PM
    I wonder if BlackBerry would every do something so daft as a longer Q10 with a 1280 x 720 screen. it would probably be about 7" long but you know, 7" is a pretty nice length, actually.
    That's what she said. Buahahaha lol

Posted via CB10
    08-10-13 02:06 AM
    I've always agreed. 7" is perfectly fine for most provided you use your, um, device, properly.

Posted via CB10
    08-10-13 03:31 AM
    How much is blackberry Q15,Z10
    08-10-13 11:07 AM
    I hope the q15 or q30 will have a trackpad. Big screen, very long battery life, keyboard with trackpad, matured OS, has fm radio = my dream phone.
    Last edited by ikiyen; 08-12-13 at 05:36 AM.
    keypad, Willie Heyward and moody like this.
    08-10-13 11:16 AM
    Yes I agree. I would live a track pad
    also. Much easier to navigate things.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    08-10-13 11:27 AM
    That's what she said. Buahahaha lol

Posted via CB10
    Beat me to it lol

Posted via CB10
    08-10-13 11:28 AM
    Honestly, In my opinion, this is what the Q5 should have been.

I can see from my short time on the forum, that BB7, legacy and especially 9900 users, will only tolerate a small, Bold like form factor, and rejection of a larger and or longer phone, would be swift.

But for smartphone users like myself, a larger/longer than Q10 screen with a physical Qwerty attached, is a major selling point, and had BB opted for an option similar to that vision at launch, or at least at the time of the Q5s arrival, I would have been a first day launch adoptor.

BB needs products users of android and windows phone 8 want, and they need the effective marketing that has iOS customers, cueing round the block and sleeping on the streets to be the first to buy.
    08-10-13 11:52 AM
    I doubt it. Unless it's a successor, IE Bold 9700 to 9900 kind of thing. I don't see them side by side, though. Doesn't really make sense to have so many variations after BB said they would not be doing that. lol
    08-10-13 11:58 AM
    Hummmmm, there is a lot of used space above the screen whether the BB logo rests today. If the bb logo removed the less space used instead to lengthen the screen, what could this do to the display size? 3.2? 3.5? While keeping rest of size the same.
    08-10-13 06:03 PM
    Hummmmm, there is a lot of used space above the screen whether the BB logo rests today. If the bb logo removed the less space used instead to lengthen the screen, what could this do to the display size? 3.2? 3.5? While keeping rest of size the same.
    Here's a concept I did. I could fit a 3.5" display on a phone only about 1mm taller and wider than the Q10. The way I imagined it, the glass curves into the sides, allowing the screen to be closer to the edge will still maintaining the usability of the side bezel gestures.

Will there be a Q15 or Q30?-q30-v2.jpg

Posted via CB10
    jkomo001 likes this.
    08-10-13 06:18 PM
    I would love to see one for sure, but only if they optimised bb10 for physical keyboard devices. Things like speed dial in home screen, holding the 'a' button to lock the phone, holding 'Q' to switch to vibrate mode, and customisable home screen keyboard shortcuts. If they don't implement these, or make more use of the keyboard, I won't buy one.

Posted via CB10
    I fully support this. It's my last BlackBerry unless they start bringing back what they had 3 years ago in bb7.

Posted via CB10
    08-10-13 06:47 PM
    Here's a concept I did. I could fit a 3.5" display on a phone only about 1mm taller and wider than the Q10. The way I imagined it, the glass curves into the sides, allowing the screen to be closer to the edge will still maintaining the usability of the side bezel gestures.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	q30-v2.jpg 
Views:	877 
Size:	39.6 KB 
ID:	191481

Posted via CB10

Holy **** that's something I would buy

Shut up and take my money

bigjman likes this.
    08-11-13 07:09 AM
    I would love to see a BlackBerry slider

A q10 keyboard z10 screen

The bottom of the phone curved liked the q10

Double the battery life of the q10

2gb of ram

12 mp camera

That my friend is a dream phone

redantz likes this.
    08-11-13 07:12 AM
    They should, to try and catch more (new and old) customers.

Posted via Q10
    08-11-13 09:16 AM
    Good god, I really freakin' hope not! Let's not go the route of Blackberry before. Concentrate on 2 to 4 devices and make them the best!

Posted via CB10
    08-11-13 11:42 AM
    [QUOTE=Alex_Hong;8986646]Here's a concept I did. I could fit a 3.5" display on a phone only about 1mm taller and wider than the Q10. The way I imagined it, the glass curves into the sides, allowing the screen to be closer to the edge will still maintaining the usability of the side bezel gestures.

This looks similar to the Dev Alpha units to me.

I like the Q5ish shape and Q10 keypad, not so sure the frets look so good on this shape though, kinda prefer the more plain Q5 keypad to go with this shape.

Also like the thin outside screen bezel but think the up swipe gap needs to be a little larger like on the Q5.

Good job

Side note:

When is BlackBerry going to introduce a virtual onscreen trackpad as an option, to restore faith in full control of editing text for BB7 and legacy users?
    Mistik likes this.
    08-11-13 02:03 PM
    I'd like a trackpad too, but the touch reliability is greatly improved in my 10.2 leak

Posted via CB10
    Willie Heyward likes this.
    08-11-13 03:12 PM
    I'd like a trackpad too, but the touch reliability is greatly improved in my 10.2 leak
    I effing hate full touchscreen editing on all platforms. And i've tried them all.

Yes, I have tried full touchscreen editing on Windows 8, both RT and full Windows 8 and it sucks too.

It is simply that there is no way a touchscreen can be as good as a physical control just due to the nature of the controller. Some people tolerate touchscreens better than others but I see full touchscreen editing along the lines of using a ssd drive as a pointing device.

What? An ssd isn't a pointing device? Neither is a touchscreen but just like a touchscreen it is a more "modern" invention than a Track pad, but because a touchscreen is slightly better than an ssd as a means to position an insertion point, people accept that eventually your insertion point will end up almost where you want if you are persistent with a touchscreen, that makes it "better" than a trackpad, but a track pad that let's you position your insertion point precisely instantly is horrible because it's not "modern".

"Mobile Computing" without a physical keyboard and pointing device is simply not feasible. Assertions to the contrary are proven false time and time again... well, except by those for whom mobile computing means not actually ACCOMPLISHING anything, because of COURSE you need a full keyboard and mouse to write a scientific journal article or draw a digital art masterpiece... so I guess if you limit "Mobile computing" only to rudimentary tasks, only then is full touchscreen "mobile computing" even a thing.

This took almost 15 minutes to compose on my Z10. On a slider with a Trackpad, probably less... but I COULD have had the choice to just use the touchscreen if I wanted. Right now my choice consists of insipid blue circle tap miss tap again tap blue circle appears tap tap tap THERE now the damn insertion point is where I want it. As a former BBOS device user all I can say is "how do you people live like this?"
    Last edited by lorax1284; 08-11-13 at 09:01 PM.
    08-11-13 08:45 PM
    I effing hate full touchscreen editing on all platforms. And i've tried them all.

Yes, I have tried full touchscreen editing on Windows 8, both RT and full Windows 8 and it sucks too.

It is simply that there is no way a touchscreen can be as good as a physical control just due to the nature of the controller. Some people tolerate touchscreens better than others but I see full touchscreen editing along the lines of using a ssd drive as a pointing device.

What? An ssd isn't a pointing device? Neither is a touchscreen but just like a touchscreen it is a more "modern" invention than a Track pad, but because a touchscreen is slightly better than an ssd as a means to position an insertion point, people accept that eventually your insertion point will end up almost where you want if you are persistent with a touchscreen, that makes it "better" than a trackpad, but a track pad that let's you position your insertion point precisely instantly is horrible because it's not "modern".

"Mobile Computing" without a physical keyboard and pointing device is simply not feasible. Assertions to the contrary are proven false time and time again... well, except by those for whom mobile computing means not actually ACCOMPLISHING anything, because of COURSE you need a full keyboard and mouse to write a scientific journal article or draw a digital art masterpiece... so I guess if you limit "Mobile computing" only to rudimentary tasks, only then is full touchscreen "mobile computing" even a thing.

This took almost 15 minutes to compose on my Z10. On a slider with a Trackpad, probably less... but I COULD have had the choice to just use the touchscreen if I wanted. Right now my choice consists of insipid blue circle tap miss tap again tap blue circle appears tap tap tap THERE now the damn insertion point is where I want it. As a former BBOS device user all I can say is "how do you people live like this?"
    I'm honored that my little two liner was quoted in this masterwork on the subject.

I definitely agree with you and would gladly give up screen size for physical navigation keys and a trackpad. Just wanted to point out that while the fine cursor work is still a bear, it is at least improved in the 10.2 leak.

Posted via CB10
    Willie Heyward likes this.
    08-11-13 09:09 PM
52 123