Anyone know? Will Blackberry/RIM release factory unlocked devices with US bands? I really don't trust the eBay sellers. They never show the original phone with original box. Anyone know a really trusted seller of factory unlocked OEM Q10?

Thanks,
    Tintin
    04-16-13 12:49 AM
    If anyone claims to have a Q10 for sale now (actual physical posession) you are looking at either a scammer or a thief. So far the Q10 has not been released to market, and the only devices which *might* be out there today will be pre-production test phones or samples stolen from manufacturing.

In the absence of published FCC approvals we don't know what the band capability will be for each variant. However I expect it will be similar to Z10, with several versions configured for different regional frequency allocations.
    04-16-13 03:28 AM
    Anyone know? Will Blackberry/RIM release factory unlocked devices with US bands? I really don't trust the eBay sellers. They never show the original phone with original box. Anyone know a really trusted seller of factory unlocked OEM Q10?

Thanks,
    Tintin
    Over 99% of the time you can't officially get a factory unlocked OEM phone in North America unless you count the Nexus android phones.

In other regions you can, but most of the time they won't be compatible with North American LTE (or may not even have LTE radios) though 3G and 2G are usually not a problem.

Some malls (usually Asian ones) in Canada are known to sell grey-imported OEM unlocked phones, but again, they come from other regions so caveat emptor.
    04-16-13 07:31 AM

Thanks,
    Tintin
    Although not technically 'factory' unlocked, when the Q10 launches in Canada (2 weeks) I will be shipping unlocked phones down to individuals in the U.S. I did this for Z10s when they launched. If you're interested, you can either PM me or look at this site www.chaunceybeggs.com. All payments are done through PayPal exclusively to protect both the buyer and myself. When I receive the phones, I can take a picture of it along with something else to prove that it's actually in my possession.
    04-16-13 03:34 PM
    Over 99% of the time you can't officially get a factory unlocked OEM phone in North America unless you count the Nexus android phones.
    In the case of BlackBerries, historically there were some legit factory unlocked devices even in North America because RIM employees could buy up to 20 devices per year at employee pricing and these were unlocked and unbranded.
    04-16-13 10:05 PM