Hey guys, I am new to this site but I need a quick answer. I have read about the APN settings that need to be changed, and I know that there are a few hoops to jump through, but my question is "Can the Blackberry Q10 work on Straight Talk?" I need a quick answer, any information would help. The newest posts I've seen are from back in 2013, and a brief and very broad question that didn't really answer my question from 2014. CAN ANYONE HELP MEH! =D
    09-30-14 08:42 PM
    Yes it will. If you can, make sure it's a SQN100-1, or a SQN100-5. A -5 would be better if you're signing up for their TMO network, but it will be good for AT&T network too.
    BeardChief likes this.
    09-30-14 08:57 PM
    It is an SQN 100-1, what is a TMO network? And have you tried it? Not that I'm doubting you I just have been unable to find any proof and I'm gonna be receiving my phone tomorrow haha. I just want to know if opening this Straight Talk bundle with a sim card will be worth it, or if i should return it. Also do you know where I can find the APN settings to switch it too? Thanks for your help and speedy response, you're the absolute man!
    09-30-14 09:07 PM
    It is an SQN 100-1, what is a TMO network? And have you tried it? Not that I'm doubting you I just have been unable to find any proof and I'm gonna be receiving my phone tomorrow haha. I just want to know if opening this Straight Talk bundle with a sim card will be worth it, or if i should return it. Also do you know where I can find the APN settings to switch it too? Thanks for your help and speedy response, you're the absolute man!
    Sorry. TMO network=a Straight Talk (ST) SIM with T-Mobile service. Since ST uses all four carriers' towers, I didn't know whose SIM you were getting.

I haven't tried ST SIM cards myself, but I know a guy on CB who uses their TMO service (on a Z10,) and he never said that it was a PITA to get it working. Here is something I found re: ST's TMO APN: http://forums.crackberry.com/ask-que.../#post10702421

I think the AT&T service was/is a little bit problematic, as they didn't let you edit APNs completely. Data would be ok, but MMS at one point was broken.
    09-30-14 09:31 PM