Will it ever have an on screen keyboard?

Will it ever have apps to customise home screen like changing icon shape/colour
    Changing text colour on bbm or font like o's 7?

Answers would be appreciated as I am thinking of getting an iphone/android and throwing this one in my cupboard
    Thanks

oh and i know you people may not agree with my decision to quit this phone but oh well its my choice

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by xenax; 11-10-13 at 09:14 AM.
    11-10-13 06:39 AM
    If you want an on screen keyboard get the Z10.
    If you want to color customize your icons and apps, get an iphone.
    There's no way we will get a theme builder for these phones.
    If you are interested in the way the phone works and how useful it is for you, then keep your Q and search for theme apps and weather apps and other things to customize it and keep your functionality.
    11-10-13 07:26 AM
    It has the best physical keyboard in the world. An on-screen keyboard would simply be a waste of space and would be totally unnecessary.

As for themes, no, BB10 does not yet have that ability. I expect that it might get it by version 11 or something, but that's pure speculation. The default font really is amazing though.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-13 07:29 AM
    If you want an on screen keyboard get the Z10.
    There's no way we will get a theme builder for these phones.
    If you are interested in the way the phone works and how useful it is for you, then keep your Q and search for theme apps and weather apps and other things to customize it and keep your functionality.
    thats the point there isnt no apps for this
    and sideloading android apps do not work because i dont think the blackberry allows other applications to change it icons etc
    11-10-13 07:38 AM
    I really don't know why any developer would even bother creating a virtual keyboard app for the QWERTY devices. I also don't know for whatever reason BlackBerry would bother creating such an option for these devices. It's just a waste of resources.

As for the rest, I still hope we'll get some font changing option in the future, but so far nothing has been announced. If you really care about customization, I highly suggest you'll take a look at Android where you can change everything - if you're willing to invest the time doing so. I don't know how much iOS lets you change the appearence on non-jailbroken iPhones.

Posted via the awesome Blackberry Q10
    rambo47 likes this.
    11-10-13 08:27 AM
    yes i am looking at android phones
    11-10-13 09:13 AM

Answers would be appreciated as I am thinking of getting an iphone/android and throwing this one in my cupboard
    Thanks

oh and i know you people may not agree with my decision to quit this phone but oh well its my choice

Posted via CB10
    Hey, if you don't like the phone so much and you think it's worthless. Send it to me. I'll take it.
    butterbean1983 likes this.
    11-10-13 09:17 AM
    Double negative "isnt no" means the opposite to your intention a couple of apostrophes would help too.

I have no problem with you going to Android or iphone but why do you feel a need to bleat about it here, when I get my new car it will not be the same as my present one but I do not feel the need to tell everybody.

To be honest only a fool would want a virtual keyboard and qwerty keyboard, I hope you are happy with your choice and pity the owners of whatever you choose when you whinge to them.
    11-10-13 09:30 AM
    I'm told by some developer friends that changeable fonts are being considered but are not definite. Curious, and a little disappointing. I thought this was a lock to be added back into the BlackBerry OS sooner rather than later.

There will never be an on-screen keyboard for the Q10. Maybe you can side load an Android keyboard if it's important to you but you'd probably have no screen left to see what you're typing. This is really a solution in search of a problem. I won't go as far as to say it's stupid, but it's definitely strange. Clearly the Z10 is the device for you if an on-screen keyboard is your preference.
    11-10-13 09:31 AM
    and sideloading android apps do not work because i dont think the blackberry allows other applications to change it icons etc
    It's really quite easy to change the home screen of any sideloaded application. Simply rename the *.bar extension to zip, open it, swap out the file "icon.png" with the one you want, then rename it back to bar. Easy-peasy, pudding and pie.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-13 09:55 AM
    Ask yourself this. Does customization, or a lack of, really change the way the phone works in terms of functionality and productivity? And is an onscreen keyboard really necessary when you have a physical one? If your phone is doing everything you NEED it to do, why get rid of it simply because it doesn't do a few things that you WANT it to do? Is it a tool? Or a toy? If you want a toy, go right ahead and get an iPhone or Android.
    11-10-13 11:59 AM
    [QUOTE=jaydee5799;9511689]
    QUOTE]

I do not understand your reply. The guy, "XENAX" has at least one very legitimate request: Customization of the icons. I face the same problems especially when assigning and adding a links to my Application screens. The OS of the Q10, places an unclear (small) Icon, which reflects no specific features of the selected site. That is confusing to say the least.

Sending "Xenax" to the Android arena as a solution is quite arrogant response.

BB managers in charge, should note this fault, and if possible correct it in the upcoming OS variants. If we keep sending people to the Android (seems to be a pattern in some responses here... :-( ) , BB will be left with a bunch of loyal "yes-man and women".... dummies I would say.
    11-10-13 12:39 PM
    Anyone who has a 2nd language installed would actually find a virtual keyboard very helpful and even a necessity if you don't know exactly which key represents the corresponding letter in th e other language

Posted via CB10
    dmlis likes this.
    11-10-13 01:07 PM
    Anyone who has a 2nd language installed would actually find a virtual keyboard very helpful and even a necessity if you don't know exactly which key represents the corresponding letter in th e other language

Posted via CB10
    If you need a quick reference, press the SYM key. In the corner of each on-screen symbol key will be the corresponding keyboard letter (which you can press instead of reaching up to tap the glass).

You can also switch keyboard layouts by pressing Alt+Backspace.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-13 01:37 PM
    I can understand someone wanting to be able to customise a phone, that's quite common. But, I'm sorry, wanting to have a virtual keyboard when you already have a physical one is the most ******** thing I've ever heard.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-13 01:58 PM
    Even when alternate language is enabled, pressing sym key still shows only abc on keys not the other language

Posted via CB10
    11-10-13 02:04 PM
    Even when alternate language is enabled, pressing sym key still shows only abc on keys not the other language

Posted via CB10
    ??, ? ????'? ??????? ????.

Oops. I mean, Oh, I didn't realise that.
    I just assumed the letters would change with the language.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-13 02:57 PM

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    Huh so you want zero screen real estate?

Fired from my Z10
    11-10-13 02:58 PM
    "Really quite easy" eh? Lol.
    It's really quite easy to change the home screen of any sideloaded application. Simply rename the *.bar extension to zip, open it, swap out the file "icon.png" with the one you want, then rename it back to bar. Easy-peasy, pudding and pie.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-13 03:04 PM
    "Really quite easy" eh? Lol.
    It is! If you know how to sideload applications, you'll know how to do this. It's a simple matter of renaming a folder name and switching the icon, which is not even buried in any folders.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-13 03:07 PM
    Agreed with. The awesome functionality of the swipe gestures why would you even need an on screen keyboard!?!?!?!

It's like driving a car with 2 steering wheels!?

Posted via CB10 Q10 SQN-3 w/official 10.2.0.424
    11-10-13 03:30 PM
    Agreed with. The awesome functionality of the swipe gestures why would you even need an on screen keyboard!?!?!?!

It's like driving a car with 2 steering wheels!?

Posted via CB10 Q10 SQN-3 w/official 10.2.0.424
    As mentioned above, it could help for 2nd language (with non Latin alphabet).
    For example, Cyrillic users are frustrated, as BB10 has no transliteration option (which was native in BB OS). That means you need either to engrave cyrillic letters on keys (ugly and hardly readable) or to learn "blind" typing, which is not easy.
    Virtual keyboard is not ideal solution, but it could help.
    11-17-13 02:20 PM

To be honest only a fool would want a virtual keyboard and qwerty keyboard, .
    I'm guessing you've never heard of the Torch.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-13 02:38 PM
    I'm guessing you've never heard of the Torch.

Posted via CB10
    That's not the same thing. He was talking about the Q10.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-13 03:25 PM
    First, this site is not affiliated with BlackBerry corporate. This is a volunteer user base that discusses issues. If you want to get the attention of "BB managers" you should post on the official BlackBerry Support Forums.

Sending Xenax to the Android arena is not arrogant at all. It's the only rational solution for the odd request he made. BlackBerry would be insane to add a feature that only a handful of users would even consider. They have given users much better choices already. Z10 for folks who like on-screen keyboards and the Q10 for QWERTY fans. Mashing features together is not an optimal solution.

And the on-screen keyboard on the Torch was a horror.
    jchemma likes this.
    11-17-13 03:42 PM
29 12