04-08-15 01:00 PM
34 12
tools
    Personally i think so.

Why ? because the Q10 is the closest thing we have to a 'bold' successor... and remember the blackberry classic isn't the successor to the bold NO WAY..... (Lack of removable battery killed that title) lol

What you think? the Q10 is good in size compact removable battery similar designs in the 9900 just lacks a few though. but i do personally think in 4/6 more years people will still use this little powerhouse.

Q10 = LEGEND

Thoughts?

Lith
    03-31-15 10:34 AM
    i hope people are still using it in 4-6 years...i hope they are still using it in 2.
    Sulaco757 likes this.
    03-31-15 10:38 AM
    I agree, the Q10 will be a great phone in the coming years because overall it is a great powerful device. Been using this phone for the last year and half and I easily see myself using the Q10 for the next two years.
    03-31-15 10:52 AM
    It's a great phone and all... but I think you're going overboard when you say the classic isn't because of the non removable battery... even BlackBerry says the classic is an upgrade to the bold....

I love my q10.... but I don't think you can call it a classic BlackBerry device... to me, 9900 is a classic.... but not the torch.... even the 8700 is a classic to me.... (side scrolling wheel)
    03-31-15 12:38 PM
    Been using mine for 2 years now too. It keeps getting better with each OS update. It's my pal. I use it for so much stuff it's unbelievable. Tried using a high-end Android for awhile but couldn't get anything done with it. My Q10 isn't just a productivity powerhouse but I listen to music, internet radio, take pictures, websurf etc a ton too. In a perfectly sized/weighted package too. If I was a billionaire I'd have a stash of them in safe keeping. BlackBerry 10 is so much more customizable and uses open standards that I like too. A++++. Such an awesome device.
    hlg8888, BroncoVAL and OkieBloke like this.
    03-31-15 12:44 PM
    It's a great phone and all... but I think you're going overboard when you say the classic isn't because of the non removable battery... even BlackBerry says the classic is an upgrade to the bold....

I love my Q10.... but I don't think you can call it a classic BlackBerry device... to me, 9900 is a classic.... but not the torch.... even the 8700 is a classic to me.... (side scrolling wheel)
    I'm not calling the Q10 a classic.... i said in 'years to come' it will no doubt be a 'classic'

The 9900 is now a classic

the blackberry classic? yes even though blackberry said its a successor to the bold but that's just them trying to get people off the 9900 series.... if the classic had a removable battery then it will be a CLASSIC, the 9900 has a removable battery.. but the new blackberry classic doesn't? lol
    Q10Bold likes this.
    03-31-15 02:43 PM
    "I'm not calling the Q10 a classic.... i said in 'years to come' it will no doubt be a 'classic." Agree. Compact design, easily transportable with a interchangeable battery. Have several and rotate them each month. A great phone and with in limits not equaled. Will probably purchase another.

Will use for a long time.
    03-31-15 04:55 PM
    Best BlackBerry made to date!

Posted via CB10
    03-31-15 08:34 PM
    The Q10 ticks all my boxes for a phone. Physical Keyboard, Removable (also replaceable) battery, and SD card slot. Might be the end of an era at least in terms of the replaceable battery.

So yea, a classic, like the last normally aspirated, 12 cylinder, manual transmission Ferrari.
    hlg8888 and OkieBloke like this.
    03-31-15 08:52 PM
    Hopefully.... blackberry will see sense and start giving us a phone with removable batts....

Does it really save money to not add a removable battery?

Posted via CB10
    hlg8888 and Jrox74 like this.
    03-31-15 09:14 PM
    There are concessions either way removable or non removable. Market has clearly shown that a removable battery is not a priority else juggs like apple and samsung would sell their umpteen millions of devices with removable Batts. You can make much sexier devices with a sealed battery pack.

If the classic was a thinner phone with higher quality and more powerful components plus better battery life than the q10 id gladly embrace it.

Instead BlackBerry released it in a rush; a knee jerk reaction to marrying bb10 with the yesteryear toolbelt made obsolete by gestures. Classic is a fail. Q10 remains king. Touch BlackBerry devices are worthless. Might as well get an iphone/android unit.

Posted via CB10
    metroside likes this.
    03-31-15 09:35 PM
    I love the Q10. I have purchased many BlackBerrys (Z10, Q10, Z30, Classic, Passport), but none has Q10's form factor. For me, it's the best device as a daily driver for communication, and to carry around all day.
    nglfmark and workittywork like this.
    03-31-15 09:56 PM
    I'm waiting for Q30!
    03-31-15 10:22 PM
    The Q10 is the best BB10 phone to date. No question it's at least the most well-rounded daily-driver.

I doubt it will last too many more years, depending on what BlackBerry does with BB10 and the Android runtime. The specs just may be too weak to keep up with the software.

But if everything works, no reason not to stick with it. Definitely a modern cult-classic. I doubt we'll see such a perfectly sized device again. The Classic is supremely awkward in comparison.

Posted via CB10
    workittywork likes this.
    03-31-15 11:17 PM
    Although Q10 is my second BB phone, im loving it!
    03-31-15 11:33 PM
    Yes, I believe so.

And I would argue, as it has been two years since its introduction, that it is already becoming a classic.

For all the reasons mentioned above, it is not only efficient and portable, but likely will be regarded as an unintended homage to a generation of efficient style icons before the touch screen avalanche, and rampant consumption as opposed to production.
    04-01-15 01:03 AM
    9900 = classic
    Q10 = classic
    Blackberry classic =???
    The reason i'm putting question marks on the classic is that it's too early to say. The phone just came out 3 months ago. I feel if blackberry can keep improving the OS, it can be call the classic. When the Q10 first came out, with the old OS AND double typing issues, I doubt anyone can admit it was a classic. Now with 10.3.1 and the keyboard issue pretty much gone, it's a much better phone now

Posted via CB10
    04-01-15 01:46 AM
    Personally i think so.

Why ? because the Q10 is the closest thing we have to a 'bold' successor... and remember the blackberry classic isn't the successor to the bold NO WAY..... (Lack of removable battery killed that title) lol

What you think? the Q10 is good in size compact removable battery similar designs in the 9900 just lacks a few though. but i do personally think in 4/6 more years people will still use this little powerhouse.

Q10 = LEGEND

Thoughts?

Lith
    Yes!! I am 100% with you!!
    For me the Q10 is a legend. I've sold my BB Classic and cant use it without the removeable battery. The size is just to big. I love the Q10 size. My dream Q10 succesor- A 4row touch PKB with the same materials like now on the Q10= Glasswave.
    Ohh here is a link where a Product Manager from BB Classic is telling us why they used a non removable battery... I hope they see now that this choice was BAD to built the Classic as it is now.

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/...p/3079890#M128

Posted via Q10Bold
    Sulaco757 likes this.
    04-01-15 02:15 AM
    Love the q10 but how can you guys call a tech device a classic? This implies that they're cherished and in demand when the device itself rapidly depreciates no longer able to handle advancements in tech.

Eg I can't imagine using the 9900 with its dog slow internet, crap browser, and similarly crappy battery life and seriously tiny screen.

Was it really nice during its heyday? Yes. Classic? Far from.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-15 08:58 AM
    I love the Q10 size. My dream Q10 succesor- A 4row touch PKB with the same materials like now on the Q10= Glasswave.
    That would be great (the Q10 quality/form factor with upgraded specs). I am not sure how popular it will be with the BlackBerry fans or the outside world, but I would love to have one!
    04-01-15 09:37 AM
    With the removable battery of the Q10 and the 9900, people could replace the battery themselves at the two year mark, when the battery life starts to get shorter, therefore extending the service life of the phone.

The Classic cannot be a "classic" phone since people will have to throw them away in two years.

I had my Q10 for one year now, and the battery life is definitely shorter. No big deal, I will just get a new battery. I would have been SOL in a sealed battery phone. Lol

Posted via CB10
    Q10Bold likes this.
    04-01-15 09:39 AM
    I'm getting a new Q10. But for now I'm on my classic of a Bold 9930.

Posted via my BlackBerry Bold 9930

Personally i think so.

Q10 = LEGEND

Thoughts?

Lith
    Q10Bold likes this.
    04-01-15 01:49 PM
    IMO, phones like the original BlackBerry smartphone (whatever that was), the Handspring Treo 600, and the original iPhone are classics.

Posted via Timex Sinclair 2068 Personal Color Computer
    04-02-15 07:40 AM
    I am another fan of the Q10 and a hopeful it goes down a classic. Honestly with the OS updates this phone has gotten better and better! Not sure if it'll ever get close to the Bold 9900 just because of the sheer numbers of OS7 BES users it had.

IMHO though, it would need some continued refinement on the OS, and some special attention directed towards the Q10. For example I think a baked in Virtual trackpad would enhance this thing so much further. My thumbs should be able to rest on the keyboard 90% of time, not swipe on the screen as much as I do. Then give us the ability to hotkey "End Call" and "Answer" functions so we don't have to fumble in sunlight or if wearing gloves. Does it seem likely BlackBerry will work on these now that the Q10 is being replaced with the Qla99ic? Not likely but I can be hopeful.

Otherwise, I would like to see the Q10 and Q5 officially supported by BlackBerry for years to come. I actually see these devices filling the low budget market if BlackBerry does. Even if were to "upgrade" to something new and tempting, I already know I wouldn't be able to sell this Q10. It'll be in the backup drawer till it won't turn on anymore. Right next to my 9900.

 Q10 on 10.3.1.2582 
    Q10Bold, Magnetox and axllebeer like this.
    04-03-15 07:50 PM
    Arguing to set q10 a classic. Let's establish the years for it to be considered. Say 5 yrs and up.

BlackBerry Q10
    04-05-15 02:48 AM
34 12