how does that even matter...q10 have a square display screen !!
    It could matter because certain apps only run in landscape mode in the z10. On the Q10 there presumably is no reason an app should force you to turn the phone, with the square screen, on its side.

But they still might, which would suck.

Posted via CB10
    03-12-13 03:48 PM
    Lmao nope it will not, it's a square screen so no matter what it won't like most will not that are square.

Your best to get the z10 for thus function.

Posted via CB10, BB10, Z10
    03-12-13 05:52 PM
    Square screen what would be the point to rotate the screen in landscape mode?
    03-12-13 06:13 PM
    Square screen what would be the point to rotate the screen in landscape mode?
    03-12-13 07:20 PM
    There's no way Q10 will have landscape or rotating display.

Q10 don't have virtual keyboard. You use only the physical qwerty.

And that's not a problem at all.
    03-12-13 08:58 PM
    Q10's screen is square like Bold 9900 so it wouldn't support landscape mode because no matter how you look at it, it will be the same o.o

Posted via CB10
    03-12-13 09:01 PM
    Q10's screen is square like Bold 9900 so it wouldn't support landscape mode because no matter how you look at it, it will be the same o.o

Posted via CB10
    The 9900's screen isn't square...

To those asking about rotation- it's not supported in the OS, but the sensors are still there. Tried it out in the simulator and you can detect rotation. So if someone was creating a special game that required rotation, they could do it.
    Sith_Apprentice and deltact like this.
    03-12-13 10:09 PM
    It could matter because certain apps only run in landscape mode in the z10. On the Q10 there presumably is no reason an app should force you to turn the phone, with the square screen, on its side.

But they still might, which would suck.

Posted via CB10
    q10 will not support apps and games of z10....every developer will have to submit their app in q10 supported dimensions !!
    there are games in androids which do not support their qwerty handsets !!
    03-13-13 01:49 AM
    q10 will not support apps and games of z10....every developer will have to submit their app in q10 supported dimensions !!
    Are you speculating on this, or are you in the developer program and know this for a fact?

I think it makes more sense that the OS should render apps on either screen as best it can (for example, something like the black bars that render on the iphone 5 to ensure compatibility) to ensure more apps are available and apps that are currently in BBWORLD are available for the Q10 from the get go.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-13 11:34 AM
    Are you speculating on this, or are you in the developer program and know this for a fact?

I think it makes more sense that the OS should render apps on either screen as best it can (for example, something like the black bars that render on the iphone 5 to ensure compatibility) to ensure more apps are available and apps that are currently in BBWORLD are available for the Q10 from the get go.

Posted via CB10
    I'm not sure whether the person you quoted is a developer or not, but he's at least partially right.

No apps will work on the Q10 without developer intervention. The absolute minimum that a developer must do is add Q10 support in the vendor portal.

Some apps designed with Cascades or BBUI may 'work' on the Q10 with little or no modification. But they will be far from optimal. There will be a lot of vertical scrolling.

Other apps, especially games, may require major modifications to even be usable on the Q10.

Black bars is not an option since you'll only be using 3/5 of the screen. That means 40% of the screen will be black bars.
    03-13-13 11:43 AM
    Just reading through this thread and it seems to me the OP made an understandable mistake. Most if not all other devices have rectangular screens afaik. Some of the people on this forum are dbs. No offense meant, but geez. Is it really necessary to be so ****?
    Last edited by pfranklin70; 03-13-13 at 04:10 PM.
    Monsterlad likes this.
    03-13-13 03:59 PM
    Its a question is all.

But yes, q10 requires developers to resubmit. U can sideload but apps are going to be unusable for the most part

And I do know this because in building for q10.

via Tapatalk
    raremage likes this.
    03-13-13 11:55 PM
    If there is a similar dock like what is for the Z10 then a landscape mode becomes very important.
    The dock can be upright slide from the side. Easy.
    03-14-13 12:07 PM
    The dock can be upright slide from the side. Easy.
    That sounds cumbersome.
    I want a dock that I can just drop my phone in, gravity takes care of that with a normal dock.
    03-14-13 12:22 PM
    That sounds cumbersome.
    I want a dock that I can just drop my phone in, gravity takes care of that with a normal dock.
    Not at all, I had an iGrip car cradle for my 9900 that did just that, it was spring loaded so took very little effort. Gravity alone will not get the plugs into the ports.
    03-14-13 12:28 PM
    Not at all, I had an iGrip car cradle for my 9900 that did just that, it was spring loaded so took very little effort. Gravity alone will not get the plugs into the ports.
    Still sounds cumbersome. No thanks.
    03-14-13 12:51 PM
    Still sounds cumbersome. No thanks.
    Hmmmm, just got an idea, how about a flat design that you can get the phone in and than tilt it up with an adjustable angle
    03-14-13 12:56 PM
    Hmmmm, just got an idea, how about a flat design that you can get the phone in and than tilt it up with an adjustable angle
    More usable, but still an extra step.
    I think the best option would be for BB to allow screen rotation while in a cradle.

FWIW, Q10 rotation IS enabled in the simulator, so the software and native apps are capable of it.
    03-14-13 01:36 PM
    They could simply use keyboard shortcuts, which WILL be available on the Q10. As for the Camera, that is a good question, how do other portrait only devices handle it? On the 99xx for instance, you can rotate the device and the camera will indeed take a "sideways" picture.
    Portrait pictures have nothing to do with rotating the phone. The reason it's portrait is because of the rectangular shape of the camera sensor, not the orientation of the screen. Why do you think you can take diagonal pictures?
    03-16-13 08:48 PM
    landscape mode would work for gaming purpose, ex: 1rst person style games could have the direction control on the screen for a smoother experience !
    04-18-13 12:48 AM
    Q10 - I like to use google maps or BBerry maps on the side in the car for navigation - is this possible?
    06-19-13 06:00 AM
    This reminds me of the time I got my IQ test results..I thought I scored a 181 but come to find out I had the paper upside down. http://forums.crackberry.com/mobiquo/emoji/E10F.png

Sent from  using Tapatalk
    Classic
    06-19-13 06:18 AM
    For personal reasons, I have to be discreet when watching movies on my Blackberry Q10. I usually "hide" it behind a box or some books so as to not be noticable to people walking behind me. If I could switch the screen to Landscape Mode, the screen would be lowered closer to the table, making it even easier to hide behind something. In other words, having to watch movies with the phone sitting upright, it sticks up too high. Hope this makes sense. Is there not a "landscape mode" mobile app available somewhere?
    11-10-13 04:28 PM
48 12