I was wondering how the Q10 would deal with viewing Youtube videos and movies from Blackberry world. Also landscape mode in the browser. I know it has an accelerometer and gyroscope so this might be the case. Anyone who's touched the device possibly know?
    03-10-13 01:37 AM
    how does that even matter...q10 have a square display screen !!
    03-10-13 03:00 AM
    Derp. No matter how you turn it it'll still look the same. The screen is square.
    03-10-13 03:19 AM
    I don't know why this thread made me laugh. I need sleep.
    Attached Thumbnails Will the Q10 also support landscape mode?-1353671320460.jpg  
    03-10-13 03:23 AM
    ....if you turn the z10 sideways it'll go into landscape orientation, making for more space. The screens wider in landscape than portrait people.
    03-10-13 03:43 AM
    yes, at the rectangular Z10 screen this is right and makes sense - on the square Q10 screen it depends if you like to have the keyboard bottom or left / right - but the screen ratio is 1:1 and no "landscape switching" is needed (but the screen rotates hopefully)

Chris
    Monsterlad likes this.
    03-10-13 04:05 AM
    I think a rotating screen could be very confusing... technically it would be no problem... but I see very rare use cases that would make sense...

Posted via CB10
    03-10-13 04:12 AM
    Why would you want landscape mode on a qwerty model with a square screen? You wwon't get any extra space.. And it would make the keyboard useless.. Or can you type on the keyboard when it's rotated..?
    03-10-13 04:17 AM
    This reminds me of the time I got my IQ test results..I thought I scored a 181 but come to find out I had the paper upside down.

Sent from  using Tapatalk
    03-10-13 04:44 AM
    If there is a similar dock like what is for the Z10 then a landscape mode becomes very important.
    03-10-13 07:13 AM
    My guess would be a dock would hold the phone upright instead... what is the point of having the phone on its side. The keyboard doesn't rotate. With the Z10 you can at least still type while it's in the dock. With the Q10 it would be better for it to be upright as then you could still type on it reasonably OK.

... and yes, a square screen doesn't need to rotate LOL.
    03-10-13 08:18 AM
    This reminded me to return those defective candles with the wick at the bottom...
    03-10-13 08:59 AM
    ....if you turn the z10 sideways it'll go into landscape orientation, making for more space. The screens wider in landscape than portrait people.
    you go to which school ?
    03-10-13 10:26 AM
    I'm Sorry people it was 4 in the morning when i made this. Guess I wasn't thinking but i thought the screen was longer on one side than the other so sorry...
    retomex and ddlax22 like this.
    03-10-13 11:17 AM
    Official word on the matter: "Don't create landscape views for smartphones with a 1:1 aspect ratio. Landscape mode is not supported on smartphones with a square aspect ratio."

http://developer.blackberry.com/devz...landscape.html

Though I am curious about the camera (the icons probably just rotate) and docking.
    Chris Marsch likes this.
    03-10-13 06:22 PM
    As far as I've been told,

Rotation will be disabled.

So if you rotate your device for whatever reason (maybe you want to play a unique game) you'll be staring at a sideways screen.

via Tapatalk
    03-10-13 06:31 PM

So if you rotate your device for whatever reason (maybe you want to play a unique game) you'll be staring at a sideways screen.

via Tapatalk
    But the accelerometer function will still be enabled, I hope.
    03-11-13 12:56 AM
    I hope so... I would think!

via Tapatalk
    03-11-13 01:15 AM

via Tapatalk
    that sounds bad for any ideas getting a docking station / cradle with charging...

Chris
    03-11-13 06:49 AM
    Lets keep the comments on topic please and clean, without insults. I have removed the offending post and related quotes of it.
    03-11-13 07:52 AM
    ^the force is strong with this one

Posted via CB10
    Sith_Apprentice likes this.
    03-11-13 08:23 AM
    What strikes me though is that development for Q10 will have to go to some extra length. (speciall conditioning for no rotation). So for example, how does the sci-fi calculator work on the q10? If someone makes an app for bb10 that has some special feature on rotation landscape mode, then either the app is not apt for q10 or they would have to extend their programming to automatically change app behaviour for the q10? Or for example not take advantage of the bigger screen on land scape to insert land-scape related extra parameters in apps?

Just wondering. Any dev wanting to give some insight to us simple users pls in that respect?
    Thanks!
    03-11-13 08:37 AM
    There is one issue that remains important about rotation. Camera sensor orientation. I guess the camera in Q10 will shoot landscape pictures if held naturally. But what about taking portraits? Will the interface work with this?
    03-11-13 09:00 AM
    What strikes me though is that development for Q10 will have to go to some extra length. (speciall conditioning for no rotation). So for example, how does the sci-fi calculator work on the q10? If someone makes an app for bb10 that has some special feature on rotation landscape mode, then either the app is not apt for q10 or they would have to extend their programming to automatically change app behaviour for the q10? Or for example not take advantage of the bigger screen on land scape to insert land-scape related extra parameters in apps?

Just wondering. Any dev wanting to give some insight to us simple users pls in that respect?
    Thanks!
    They could simply use keyboard shortcuts, which WILL be available on the Q10. As for the Camera, that is a good question, how do other portrait only devices handle it? On the 99xx for instance, you can rotate the device and the camera will indeed take a "sideways" picture.
    currentodysseys and deltact like this.
    03-11-13 09:15 AM
    Seems like we have some iPhone users wanting to get the Q10. See what happens to your brain cells on Apple lol
    Naeg1995 and FantomLightning like this.
    03-12-13 03:17 PM
48 12