Keyboard Shortcuts, I think is the best answer for those that are unhappy with the Q10 features compared to the old blackberry devices. I don't see the 4 hardware buttons ever coming to BB10 keyboard devices.
    06-18-13 08:59 PM
    I won't have my Q10 until Friday so I probably can't "live" what you all are talking about yet (though I did play around a lot with a Z10 @ ATT and a Q10 at Verizon) but I know this will probably be of help to some of you if you haven't seen it yet. I made a shortcut for the thread and copy/pasted it to a word doc as I'm sure it will take some time to learn them all. Hope this helps even if it doesn't have a shortcut for the Hub yet. Check it out: The full list of BlackBerry Q10 keyboard shortcuts | CrackBerry.com
    06-18-13 09:02 PM
    Keyboard Shortcuts, I think is the best answer for those that are unhappy with the Q10 features compared to the old blackberry devices. I don't see the 4 hardware buttons ever coming to BB10 keyboard devices.
    Never had a BlackBerry before, this is my first, so I have nothing to compare. It just makes sense to use the keyboard for much more than it is being used for now. It does take up a full third of the device, after all! The keyboard shortcuts for the Hub are pretty lacking... Would be great if you could give an item in the hub the focus somehow (without tapping on the screen) with the keyboard and then start to navigate around using keys like P and N.

Also, maybe some alternate keys to P and N for navigating through items in the Hub. So if you open the first thing in your Hub which is an email. N goes to the next email in that account (or grouped conversation), maybe M (or whatever) and O (or whatever) could go to the next/previous message in the Hub, whether that be in another email account, a text message or a Whatsapp message. Quite often I'm not interested in the N or P email, I want to look at the new things that have come in and are in the Hub. (Not sure if that makes any sense or not!!)
    06-18-13 09:31 PM
    I love it and hate it. Miss the function keys. Love the new keyboard & screen clarity. There's definitely a learning curve. I think I'm going to love it but I've been "trapped" in several screens that won't let me swipe out of them, it's horribly frustrating. The jury is out on this one....
    06-19-13 12:26 AM
    Yeah, me too. For some bizarre reason, you can't swipe out of any of the settings screens. Just when you get used to swiping, you have to remember to use the back icon in the settings screens. I'm hoping that's a bug and they'll fix it.
    06-19-13 12:47 AM
    Yeah, me too. For some bizarre reason, you can't swipe out of any of the settings screens. Just when you get used to swiping, you have to remember to use the back icon in the settings screens. I'm hoping that's a bug and they'll fix it.
    Settings app is ironically made in Adobe AIR and not Cascades.
    BBRY is already testing a Cascades version, so hopefully it's ready & bug-free by time 10.2 releases.

This is how you CB10, son!
    minigrrl likes this.
    06-19-13 01:43 AM
    is your first born over 18?

I feel the same about a swiping gesture to put the screen to sleep...my left nipple for it
    06-19-13 07:08 AM
    Pull back via Q

Posted via my awesome community driven Q10
    Last edited by Kris Simundson; 06-19-13 at 06:22 PM.
    06-19-13 07:34 AM
    Mine doesn't work if you tap and hold it though - if I tap and hold I get the "back" text above the icon and then "peeling" (I like that term!) doesn't work. I have to pretty much just swipe and it works...

Attachment 173664
    Odd.. that never happens on the ZED.. wonder why it is different on the Q.

From the ZED via CB10.. booyah!
    06-19-13 08:41 AM
    Attachment 173806

Pull back via Q

Kris,do you not see that 'tooltip' on yours?

06-19-13 08:42 AM
    Kris,do you not see that 'tooltip' on yours?

Because the Q is a smaller screen the under lining text is hidden. Long holding a icon comes up with a tool tip.
    Will give firstborn for keyboard shortcut that takes me to the Hub-img_20130707.png

06-19-13 08:55 AM
    Something like alt long press on the "h" key to get to the main Hub would be awesome!!!

Hopefully BlackBerry was rushing to market and have these in the pipeline. I hate having to take my hands off the keyboard to do stuff that could have an alternate way of being done on the keyboard.
    Totally agreed.
    My fear though, is that BBRY's new development team for BB10, after firing all these veteran Java engineers who knew what the BB was supposed to be, did not have a real good grasp of what the BBOS was and why it was at the heart of BB devices. They appear to be obsessed with rushing the BB10 devices to the market, scrapping all convenient features that BB users got accustomed to over the years, only to realize big uproars from the market.
    Q10 seems to be a full touch screen device (Z10) with a keyboard slapped on it. Q10, as a keyboard device, should have been developed as a dedicated keyboard device. Keyboard in Q10 should function more than just a typing device. Dropping speed dialing and home screen shortcuts might be a good indication of that attitude (or they genuinely did not have time, which is hard to believe).

Anyway, I am going to watch how Q10 might evolve (or not) for another 6 months or so.
    06-19-13 09:17 AM
    Totally agreed.
    My fear though, is that BBRY's new development team for BB10, after firing all these veteran Java engineers who knew what the BB was supposed to be, did not have a real good grasp of what the BBOS was and why it was at the heart of BB devices. They appear to be obsessed with rushing the BB10 devices to the market, scrapping all convenient features that BB users got accustomed to over the years, only to realize big uproars from the market.
    Q10 seems to be a full touch screen device (Z10) with a keyboard slapped on it. Q10, as a keyboard device, should have been developed as a dedicated keyboard device. Keyboard in Q10 should function more than just a typing device. Dropping speed dialing and home screen shortcuts might be a good indication of that attitude (or they genuinely did not have time, which is hard to believe).

Anyway, I am going to watch how Q10 might evolve (or not) for another 6 months or so.
    I agree, however for a 'rushed' product, I still believe the Q10 is an amazing device, BB10OS is an amazing OS, tons of potential to be had. More keyboard shortcuts are on the way come the 10.1 MR update and 10.2 this fall

deezy87 and xanadome like this.
    06-19-13 09:31 AM
    I agree, however for a 'rushed' product, I still believe the Q10 is an amazing device, BB10OS is an amazing OS, tons of potential to be had. More keyboard shortcuts are on the way come the 10.1 MR update and 10.2 this fall
    Your words are encouraging, thank you. From your other posts, I assume you know more than what average Joes (like me) do, and if more refinements are coming, all the more reason to hold off for now. I found the Q10 in its current state was not for me (yet). Although I do complain and lament in this forum the lost features from the legacy products, I am truly looking forward to the day when Q10 shapes up to be (or close to) what I envisage as an ideal BB device. I just want to convince in my mind that BBRY do know what their ultimate Q10 should look like. As long as they do, I have no doubt it's coming.
    Kris Simundson likes this.
    06-19-13 10:02 AM
    Your words are encouraging, thank you. From your other posts, I assume you know more than what average Joes (like me) do, and if more refinements are coming, all the more reason to hold off for now. I found the Q10 in its current state was not for me (yet). Although I do complain and lament in this forum the lost features from the legacy products, I am truly looking forward to the day when Q10 shapes up to be (or close to) what I envisage as an ideal BB device. I just want to convince in my mind that BBRY do know what their ultimate Q10 should look like. As long as they do, I have no doubt it's coming.
    I wouldn't expect everything from BBOS back, keep in mind that BlackBerry was hemorrhaging users at a steady rate. Their priorities have changed as they realized that the game has changed (albeit a late!!)

Some features will reappear, some never will. You need to recognise BB10 as a new thing... and appreciate it for what it is... an amazing v1 OS.

06-19-13 01:43 PM
40 12