I have this issue right now...no matter what I do I cannot connect to my home wi fi....keeps saying acquiring ip address...frustrating
    08-04-14 10:29 PM
    Some say that turning off the data, and then turning on the Wi-Fi works. It might, only in some cases.

It sucks, this problem is really irritating me to the core. All the other devices at my home are connected seamlessly, while my beloved Q10 keeps telling me that I have a 'Limited Access'
    Searched almost everywhere, unable to find a solution for this. I just let it go by switching to data plans.

No Wi-Fi for me
    Why BlackBerry?

Posted via CB10
    08-04-14 10:54 PM
    I have now joined all of you in this experience, going on three days with the issue. meh
    08-22-14 10:25 PM
    Had this issue on my Q for a few weeks. Turns out a hard reboot (turn the power off and on), fixed the issue for me.

Posted via CB10
    08-23-14 09:49 AM
    Was facing the same problem since this morning, was searching for a solution when I came across this thread. Fixed it by turning of data services...very poor software quality not to mention EXTREMELY frustrating issue. This is not some weird functionality/task that one is trying to do like tethering or setting up a hotspot. Connecting to a wifi network is as basic as it gets and BB managed to screw this up as well.
    10-31-14 03:37 AM
    I had this issue. Pulled the battery out the Blackberry, and reset the router.
    I pulled the router plug out for at least five minutes.
    Plugged it back in. Put the Q10 back together - everything booted up and came back online - and issue gone.

A bit of a faff, but sorted.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-14 06:18 PM
    Me too having same issue. Z10STL100-1/10.2.1.3253

My sexyberry
    11-03-14 06:39 PM
    Mine has been saying limited internet for a few months now, but only at my workplace. New router has fixed it but it didnt affect my wifes iphone
    11-04-14 01:52 PM
    Hi, do you know why the mobile network has to be switched off before getting a WiFi connection or is there something that needs to be done to overcome this? Your advise will be appreciated. Thank you.
    11-29-14 02:51 AM
    Same here. Perfect wi fi at home but 'limited' at work??

Posted via CB10
    11-29-14 03:10 AM
    do you know why the mobile network has to be switched off before getting a WiFi connection or is there something that needs to be done to overcome this?
    He doesn't have to be switch off. But if your Wi-Fi is stated as "Limited", it will be used by default.

Now, the "Limited" status means that you are connected to the Wi-Fi signal but cannot access it or what's behind (the Internet). It happened often when the signal is too low and there is a loss of packet in the initial handshake, or when the router's DHCP is not configured for all MAC addresses, or when the hot-spot has already registered the MAX connection available, ... the list can continue.

Be aware that BB10 came with a bunch of great tools so you know what happened. Go to Settings > Networks and Connections > Wi-Fi and click on the Advanced icon (the two slidebar icons at the bottom). You will find all you need in the Diagnostics Information drop box.
    11-29-14 08:23 AM
    Mines just decided to have this problem... soft reset, battery pull, reset router, unplug router...etc etc nothing has worked yet. Typical, new software update comes out...I cant download it!!! what else can I try? Diagnosis tab says I'm connected...
    02-19-15 02:04 PM
    You can always update your phone through BlackBerry Link.

Can you share a screenshot of your "Diagnostic Information - Internet Connection" tab as described in my previous post ?

And can you disconnect from your Wi-Fi, reconnect and post here a copy of your log ("Diagnostic Information - Logs", button at the bottom). Please, do delete your PIN from the log before posting it
    GusBandicoot likes this.
    02-21-15 08:21 AM
    Thanks for the response.

As it happens, it turned out to be nothing to do with the phone. It was a router issue. False alarm!!!
    02-22-15 01:27 PM
    Hi, I also have a similar issue..my Q10 cant connect to the router.
    I use mobile router from LG and extend it with Totolink EX300.
    Everything was fine if it in range of the root (connect to LG), but it couldn't connect if it was in range of the extender.
    I did everything suggested in previous post, but no charm.
    I notice that this problem occur after I upgrade to 10.3.
    and I wish those guys will fix this soon..immediately..I mean, isn't it a very basic feature of a cell phone?
    01-17-16 09:37 AM
    Hi, I also have a similar issue..my Q10 cant connect to the router.
    I use mobile router from LG and extend it with Totolink EX300.
    Everything was fine if it in range of the root (connect to LG), but it couldn't connect if it was in range of the extender.
    I did everything suggested in previous post, but no charm.
    I notice that this problem occur after I upgrade to 10.3.
    and I wish those guys will fix this soon..immediately..I mean, isn't it a very basic feature of a cell phone?
    Every once in awhile my Q10 acts up and will not connect to my WiFi. I have found that the only solution is to remove the battery and then replace it, power the device back on and all is good. It's a strange quirk.

Posted using an almost fully functioning Q10, 10.3.2.2474.
    01-17-16 07:26 PM
    Try to delete your save wifi network, and reconnect again..
    It work for me and I hope work for you too

 White Qten� 10.3.2.2836
    01-18-16 10:45 PM
    it happened to me twice, I deleted the saved settings for the Wi-Fi and added once again. I think sometimes it is the matter of encryption protocols, which we use. I setup WPS instead of WEP. it works fine. maybe you give it a try!
    01-22-16 04:15 AM
    it happened to me twice, I deleted the saved settings for the Wi-Fi and added once again. I think sometimes it is the matter of encryption protocols, which we use. I setup WPS instead of WEP. it works fine. maybe you give it a try!
    WPA or WPS? WPS and WEP are both fairly trivial to break and shouldn't be relied on for anything since they really offer no protection.

WPA or WPA2 are the only methods to use for wireless encryption, especially WPA2.
    Posted via CB10
    01-22-16 05:40 AM
44 12