My Q-10 has died, I think. I have tried resets, restarts, battery changes... It will not make or receive calls. I cannot send out or receive texts. I however can receive facebook, twitter, foursquare, iGrann (you name it) updates. I am running the carrier pushed 10.2.1.3023. Any other ideas?!! I don't want to go back to the darkside, but with Sprint limiting our options I might. I really don't want (or like the physical keyboard). I love BB otherwise, just not a fan of physical keys, it's just my only option at Sprint.
    04-17-15 03:02 PM
    Anytime random strange behavior or sluggishness shows up, the first thing to try is a proper reboot:
    Pre-BB10 Devices ONLY. With power ON, remove the back cover and pull out the battery. Wait about a minute then replace the battery and cover. Power up and wait patiently through the long reboot -- ~5 minutes.
    BB10 Devices. Hold the top button down until the counter reaches zero. Wait for the device to be fully shut down (e.g., nothing at all displayed on the screen, no LED lights, etc.). Hold the top button until the red LED is lit. Wait through the full boot-up process. If this fails, you can attempt the battery-pull method above, but it is normally NOT recommended unless nothing else works.
    See if things have returned to good operation. Like all computing devices, BB's suffer from memory leaks and such...with a hard reboot being the best cure.

Good luck! from one Q10 to another

Posted via CB10
    04-17-15 03:36 PM
    Call your carrier. Not joking. Call them and make sure your account is fine and your phone is not blacklisted somehow. If that checks out OK, then go to their tech support section and get them to help you. Chances are you'll have to go into one of their stores in person. Perhaps it's your SIM card? Could be a wide number of things and based on the limited information you've posted, there isn't much we can offer. The fact that you get updates on apps tells me your Wi-Fi is working fine but your provider plan is not working or the settings are screwed up. Getting your carrier's tech support involved will help you determine what's wrong.
    04-17-15 04:31 PM
    Are you on WiFi? Sounds like the stuff that's working are things you can do over WiFi. Are you connected to the Sprint network?

I had a similar issue (I was playing around with leaks) and I ran an autoloader of the latest 10.3.1 OS and it corrected itself.

I would definitely talk to Sprint as it may well be on their end.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-15 09:54 PM
    Talk and text require carrier network. Facebook, linkedin etc... can work thru wifi. Seems you have a carrier problem . Contact them, good luck.

Visit my BBM Channel - C000E96F6
    04-17-15 09:59 PM
    Yup, just use their online chat. I use almost every 2 months when I'm not able to pick 4g. They always have to reset my radio settings.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-15 08:54 AM