I have about 6 different email addresses that I've accumulated over time, and I have them all on my bbQ10 of course so I can keep up with them. When I want to post a photo online with my desktop, the easiest way to get the photo there is to send the picture from one account to another and then open it up on my desktop. For some reason, Gmail seems to be blocking the emails when I try to do this. Anyone know why? When I go back to the account I used to try to send the picture, the email in the list shows a red circle with a white bar across, which I guess means that the email has been blocked. What gives?
    waterfrontmgmt likes this.
    10-13-13 10:26 PM
    Beats me. I cross email myself almost daily, from Gmail and Yahoo. Two of each, so I've done it in every possible configuration.
    10-13-13 10:33 PM
    Beats me. I cross email myself almost daily, from Gmail and Yahoo. Two of each, so I've done it in every possible configuration.
    If I try to send from one google account to another, it gets blocked. If I try to send from hotmail to google, it gets blocked. If is send from google to hotmail, it will go through. *cue twilight zone music here*
    10-13-13 10:45 PM
    10-13-13 10:58 PM
    Have you tested this from a browser, to see if it's a settings issue with your accounts on the Q, vs something jacked up on the email accounts themselves?
    10-13-13 11:00 PM
    So the device is failing to send? Or it sends and the email gets "bounced" back?

Z10STL100-4/10.2.0.1767
    10-13-13 11:03 PM
    So the device is failing to send? Or it sends and the email gets "bounced" back?

Z10STL100-4/10.2.0.1767
    I have not tried that yet. I will if I can't get an answer here.
    10-14-13 12:44 AM

Z10STL100-4/10.2.0.1767
    My sense of it is that the messages are sending but getting bounced back. At the very top of the failed email, there's a message that says "protocol layer unable to send a message. But the emails get sent to different email addresses...just not back to my own Google accounts on my phone
    10-14-13 12:52 AM
    My sense of it is that the messages are sending but getting bounced back. At the very top of the failed email, there's a message that says "protocol layer unable to send a message. But the emails get sent to different email addresses...just not back to my own Google accounts on my phone
    Here ya go. Known issue that is supposedly fixed by installing the referenced version :

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/b...ListHelperImpl

Z10STL100-4/10.2.0.1767
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    10-14-13 01:18 AM
    So you need 10.1.0.1465 or better. If your carrier has not released that version or better I'd suggest doing a FULL back up and then installing one of the excellent 10.2 leaks available and linked from the forums here.

Z10STL100-4/10.2.0.1767
    BigBadWulf, Ecm and sulcopete like this.
    10-14-13 01:22 AM
    I have the exact same problem and it only started with the recent update to my Q10. PLEASE HELP
    02-22-14 02:59 PM
    After 4 days of work with BB top tech support the genius figured it out. The Cache for the Q10 will sometimes get confused and put the e-mil address in the name slot and the name of the contact in the e-mail slot. There is no way to clear the cache, and the problem is that it uses and algorithm that will create auto-fill emails separate from the names and emails as set up in contacts. The problem is that although it looks like you are choosing an email address to send to, you are actually using the name associated with that email entry, which is not a valid email address.

The solution is to give the account a unique contacts entry that is not an email account and put the correct email address in that contact entry. Then chose that from auto-fill, instead of the one that looks like the correct email address.

Example if the email address is jsmith@gmail.com, a) make sure that that e-mail does not appear as a name for an entry in your contacts and b) create a new contact like: jsmith gmail and use that entry to hold the correct e-mail address. Then use that specific auto-fill, not the one that looks like the e-mail address.
    This really works!!!!!
    BigBadWulf and jdcbomb like this.
    04-08-14 10:58 PM
    That's really weird, and I hope it helps others.
    04-08-14 11:05 PM
    I have about 6 different email addresses that I've accumulated over time, and I have them all on my bbQ10 of course so I can keep up with them. When I want to post a photo online with my desktop, the easiest way to get the photo there is to send the picture from one account to another and then open it up on my desktop. For some reason, Gmail seems to be blocking the emails when I try to do this. Anyone know why? When I go back to the account I used to try to send the picture, the email in the list shows a red circle with a white bar across, which I guess means that the email has been blocked. What gives?
    For me using email is not the best way to share picture with my desktop.
    BB10 offer me a lot more efficient way to access /share from/to my device and my desktop.
    - directly copy your pictures from your device to My Computer using BB10 file manager (BB Link enabled computer)
    - from my desktop simply acces my device (Wifi or USB connected) from the file manager.
    - just acces BOX folder (or One drive folder) where your picture/video are automatically sync

...why provide Google more acces to your personal life ?

Posted via CB10
    04-09-14 12:54 AM
    In contacts edit my number and add as many email addresses to it that you have even if not used on your phone.
    To write from am email address select from the ones u set up to sync to phone in hub. Then select the compose icon at bottom
    Even if you choose wrong one you can use drop down to swap at anytime composing.
    To send to start typing the email address and it will appear from contacts before you complete it.
    Even without contact set up you can free format type email addresses.

Tip. I have 3 email addresses on phone, one set to keep 7 days, one a month and one forever. Facebook and stuff like that on the 7 day address, phone bills, utilities and payments received keep forever.
    04-09-14 02:19 PM