It's annoying because the built in app is just a Web app

Posted from my favorite Q10
    04-04-19 01:20 PM
    Because Google nor BlackBerry built one.
    04-04-19 01:42 PM
    Because Google nor BlackBerry built one.
    This pretty much epitomizes the story of BB10 and Windows Phone in a nutshell. Big data and the social networks chose who they'd support.

The world is an arbitrary place.
    04-04-19 08:20 PM
    This pretty much epitomizes the story of BB10 and Windows Phone in a nutshell. Big data and the social networks chose who they'd support.

The world is an arbitrary place.
    Do you not choose who you deal with? Why is that any different from businesses choosing who they wish to deal with?

Q10 Powered
    04-05-19 05:16 AM
    Do you not choose who you deal with? Why is that any different from businesses choosing who they wish to deal with?

Q10 Powered
    I'm not sure why you're asking those questions. Like I said, they chose who they'd deal with and in the process helped to kill other operating systems.

I never said anything about who they should have dealt with.
    04-05-19 08:29 AM
    But in the 'ideal' world, the web app would be just fine so anybody with a Web browser could use any app and not be locked into any one platform.

For YouTube in particular, why does it matter? On desktop everyone goes through the browser. For myself, even on Android I prefer to access YouTube via the browser anyways. On BB10 it works just fine, the same, so I have no complaints
    04-24-19 06:43 PM
    But in the 'ideal' world, the web app would be just fine so anybody with a Web browser could use any app and not be locked into any one platform.

For YouTube in particular, why does it matter? On desktop everyone goes through the browser. For myself, even on Android I prefer to access YouTube via the browser anyways. On BB10 it works just fine, the same, so I have no complaints
    Unless that web browser fails to adapt to new web standards and ends up becoming just as much of a boat anchor as being on an unsupported app platform. It's more obvious on the PlayBook, but still.
    04-24-19 06:53 PM
    Unless that web browser fails to adapt to new web standards and ends up becoming just as much of a boat anchor as being on an unsupported app platform. It's more obvious on the PlayBook, but still.
    Youtube appears to have been optimized to be more lightweight over recent months. It works quite well on bb10 and even on the PlayBook lately.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-19 10:14 AM