Interesting.

I've got a Z10, an SGIII, and an iPhone 4S.

So I'm a cool nerdy rich teenager.......

Except that I'm an IT professional woman who's a mom and is on the wrong decade of my teens...

Interesting posts you run into.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    LOL, I would say that even his stereotypes are wrong. I would consider Android the nerdtastic OS, not at all iOS...
    07-03-13 07:47 PM
    Yep, in the same way that some people pick Andriod over iphone because of the policies and practices of Apple and their store, often having NOTHING to do with IOS and the device itself...
    Ok, except the two of you forgot that you're discussing this in a thread *I* started that has NOTHING to do with ANY of that... MY point (not the point you think I was making) is ONLY about the people who had a 180-degree change of heart ABOUT THE DEVICE before and after the sales report... I didn't make any statement about if it's good or bad to judge a product by its parent company. You guys decided to bring that into the discussion, then ret-con it into my original post as if I made any kind of reference to that...
    07-03-13 07:49 PM
    I agree with the parent poster. I don't know about the Z10, but there is nothing out there like the Q10. The only worry is that the herd mentality won't give BlackBerry a fair try. It is different and there is a learning curve, which is even upsetting old BB users, but already I can see that it has great promise. The US tendency to switch from excessive enthusiasm to total turnoff makes it hard for anything new to succeed in the long term. The slightest stumble causes things to be written off.
    That's why I think BlackBerry needs to get out of the US market and focus on other countries. Europe and Asia are big markets and less prone to violent mood swings.

Posted via CB10
    Um, yeah, I lost you at the "get out of the US market" part... The US is already the last country to receive the phones. The focus WAS on those other countries. Look how well that worked... I'm not saying that it would have fared better had they released it in the USA first, I recognize that the US market is very different from what BB is offering, I do recognize that they do better in those other countries, but they can't just write it off completely just because it's "not as good" as those other countries... Small or big difference, their sales would have been worse if they did not release it here. It's not like they found a way to sell negative phones in the US market...
    07-03-13 07:53 PM
    I still feel I stand out in front of other iPhones and Android phones around me because the OS of my Z10 is extraordinarily superior to other platforms. I love my phone because it does everything perfectly for me. No other platforms can be as smart as BB10 that has the Hub. For me, all the native apps available in the App World are sufficient so I don't think BB10 lacks apps. I was from iOS. Whatever apps I had are already available in BB10. Right now, I am more than happy to get some apps I did not have on my previous iPhone, such as Skooday and Fast Tube. The UI of some BB10 apps are way better than those in iOS, such as CBC News, The Weather Network and LinkedIn. It is their loss if people don't appreciate the best of BB10 OS. It is their loss if people do not know how fluid, productive, organized and efficient the BB10 OS is. One quarter or more quarters misses on earnings do not affect my belief of success for BB10. The only thing BlackBerry must be working hard is marketing, getting people aware of the best features.

Posted via CB10 on my adorable Z10
    07-03-13 08:31 PM
    Ok, except the two of you forgot that you're discussing this in a thread *I* started that has NOTHING to do with ANY of that...
    This was derived from how the ecosystem and company policies affect perception and reception of the devices themselves, even if the device isn't the root cause.

This is totally related... Not sure how much clearer I can make it...
    07-03-13 09:09 PM
    To me if you like your phone, then that should be enough. Unless of course you truly understand the intricacies of marketing and forecasting, etc. If you have a device complaint then that's another story. As for how BlackBerry does business, the jury is still out. Relax, give it some time and enjoy your new phone.

Posted via CB10
    07-03-13 09:16 PM
56 123