10-24-14 12:00 AM
33 12
tools
    What made you pick the Q10 over the Z10?

Is not the larger screen better for apps?

I just purchased the Q10, but find myself looking at the Z10 now.
    robhenry24 likes this.
    10-20-14 10:18 AM
    I own both and while the Z10 is better for gaming, I prefer the physical keyboard of the Q10 for messaging. The Z has one of the best (if not THE best) touch screen keyboards I have ever used, but I feel I am faster and more accurate on my Q. So, for gaming I use touch screen phones (Moto X, Note II and Z10) and for messaging I mainly use my Q10.

Posted via CB10 on my Q10
    jakie55 likes this.
    10-20-14 11:02 AM
    One word: battery. The Q10 needs a recharge every 2 days, that make it suitable for travelling or just daily use.

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk 2
    10-20-14 11:05 AM
    Keyboard!
    I am a HUGE texter. I'd say close to 90% of my communications are with text, and BlackBerry keyboards have always been the best for it. Z10 is better for media consumption, and Q10 is ideal for business and production. Especially if you're a writer, the Q10 is good for editing documents and taking down notes when you don't have a PC to use. Although the Passport is a good upgrade for those purposes.
    10-20-14 11:32 AM
    I cannot get an answer if Verizon will carry the Passport. Maybe I will switch to AT&T
    10-20-14 11:49 AM
    the battery life

Posted via CB/Q10
    10-20-14 01:01 PM
    Keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-14 01:02 PM
    The more I am using the Q10, the more I like it.
    10-20-14 01:16 PM
    Keyboard and batery.
    Z10 has a fantastic screen, but the battery is so word can describe :v always die on the way

Posted via CB10
    10-20-14 01:32 PM
    I guess no matter how good the phone, if the battery sucks, it's a no go
    10-20-14 01:49 PM
    Had the Z10 for almost two years. Prefer the Q10 due to the keyboard shortcuts, battery life is better altho my Z10 was not bad either for me, love the speaker on the Q10, the form factor, and keyboard again! I do a lot of emailing, texting etc and even tho the Z10 had a great VKB, typing is more accurate on the Q10 for me. Also, typing while in a car and in the cold with a touchscreen is a little more challenging.

Posted via Q10 with 1154
    10-20-14 02:03 PM
    Definitely because of the physical keyboard

Posted via CB10
    10-21-14 12:52 AM
    A physical keyboard gives you the liberty to type faster.

Z10 also looks cool but it doesn't got powerful battery and amazing design!
    10-21-14 06:20 AM
    I cannot get an answer if Verizon will carry the Passport. Maybe I will switch to AT&T
    I wouldn't hold your breath for a VZW Passport anytime soon (or ever).

I picked up the Q over the Z because of the keyboard, that and I wanted something that stood out in today's smartphones. Got tired of the candy bar look.

Posted via CB10
    10-21-14 05:19 PM
    Keyboard the hub and the way it looks and feels in my hands. The best phone in my opinion for communication, texts, emails, and calls. I had a big phone and I got tired of carrying it around. The phone fits perfect in my hands.

Posted from my Q10
    10-21-14 06:29 PM
    The exclusive contract with AT&T prevents VZW from selling it. What a shame. I believe VZW has actually given up on Blackberry. I have heard rumors that VZW will not carry the Classic also. I hope I am wrong about this and again these are only rumors but I have a few connections that I cannot divulge.
    Last edited by nogutsnoglory; 10-21-14 at 07:21 PM. Reason: Added quoted text
    10-21-14 07:20 PM
    Keyboard is perfect. Battery life is amazing. I also have the Z10 and the battery is not the best. It's super practical and very easy to use.

Posted via CB10
    10-21-14 07:26 PM
    I love the predictive text better on the Q than the Z.

Posted from my Blackberry Q10
    10-21-14 07:49 PM
    I love the predictive text better on the Q than the Z.

Posted from my Blackberry Q10
    U r absolutely right. It seems to work better on the Q10.

Posted via Q10 with 1154
    10-21-14 08:27 PM
    I have owned Android devices since the first version, and obviously a die-hard Google fan (I hate iPhones). I even had Android devices years and years before it finally took off and became popular. My mates all used to be a die-hard iOS fans until they finally realised the potential Android has last year. Before Android took off, deeply inside me I knew that Android will become most popular OS in the market and I was eventually right. When I bought an Android phone for the first time, about 6 years ago, I knew it is a little bit dodgy but I fell in love with it anyway.

Fast tracking to today... I bought my first BlackBerry device and completely ditched Android. All of my friends were shocked because they knew I am a die-hard Android fan, and someone who would passionately defeat Android whenever it goes bad.

I had used Nexus devices for three generations (about 4 years), and I was very excited to hear the official announcement of Nexus 6. But I realised that it is the time for me to try something else. I became tired of Android, and began to look at BlackBerry.

So far I love my Q10! I know that there are so many limitations of using an Q10 compared to my old Nexus 5, but it doesn't matter. BlackBerry will get there in the future, and the OS will continue to improve. I love the physical keyboard, and in fact I am typing this message on my new Q10. It is very easy and smooth to type - although I remember how awkward it was to type when I held my new phone for the first time!

I am currently learning how to sideload Android apps onto my new phone, and some of other tips/tricks of using an Q10. Whenever my friends were stuck or have problems with their Android phones, I am always the first person they ask. Now I am using BlackBerry, and I depend on this forum to learn how to use my device effectively.

I deliberately chose Q10 over Z10 because of its attractive design and physical keyboard. I am beginning to get sick of touch-only smartphones and figured I'd go back to old school! I had Nokia E63 about six years ago, and I loved it purely because of its full QWERTY physical keyboard. I personally don't like the overall design of a Z10, it seems to be a little bit too boxy for my own liking. That's one of the reason why I prefer Nexus 3 over Nexus 5.

I am very pleased with Q10 so far - a fantastic little device! I love the Hub - Android or iOS doesn't even have anything similar to what BlackBerry has on offer (Hub).

Keep up the awesome job, guys! Remember, you have successfully changed someone who was a die-hard Android fan into a BlackBerry fan!

Ta, Wheel.
    clickitykeys and Territc2000 like this.
    10-22-14 08:39 PM
    Because Q10, that's why.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-14 09:04 PM
    Because it's the better phone!

Posted via CB10
    10-22-14 11:26 PM
    I went with the Q because I wanted a physical keyboard and good battery life. Z is a fine phone but I don't really game or watch movies on my phone so the huge screen isn't even close to a necessity for me.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-14 11:48 PM
    Q is more compact, and I love the size and the physical keyboard

Posted via CB10
    10-23-14 03:45 AM
    I have owned Android devices since the first version, and obviously a die-hard Google fan (I hate iPhones). I even had Android devices years and years before it finally took off and became popular. My mates all used to be a die-hard iOS fans until they finally realised the potential Android has last year. Before Android took off, deeply inside me I knew that Android will become most popular OS in the market and I was eventually right. When I bought an Android phone for the first time, about 6 years ago, I knew it is a little bit dodgy but I fell in love with it anyway.

Fast tracking to today... I bought my first BlackBerry device and completely ditched Android. All of my friends were shocked because they knew I am a die-hard Android fan, and someone who would passionately defeat Android whenever it goes bad.

I had used Nexus devices for three generations (about 4 years), and I was very excited to hear the official announcement of Nexus 6. But I realised that it is the time for me to try something else. I became tired of Android, and began to look at BlackBerry.

So far I love my Q10! I know that there are so many limitations of using an Q10 compared to my old Nexus 5, but it doesn't matter. BlackBerry will get there in the future, and the OS will continue to improve. I love the physical keyboard, and in fact I am typing this message on my new Q10. It is very easy and smooth to type - although I remember how awkward it was to type when I held my new phone for the first time!

I am currently learning how to sideload Android apps onto my new phone, and some of other tips/tricks of using an Q10. Whenever my friends were stuck or have problems with their Android phones, I am always the first person they ask. Now I am using BlackBerry, and I depend on this forum to learn how to use my device effectively.

I deliberately chose Q10 over Z10 because of its attractive design and physical keyboard. I am beginning to get sick of touch-only smartphones and figured I'd go back to old school! I had Nokia E63 about six years ago, and I loved it purely because of its full QWERTY physical keyboard. I personally don't like the overall design of a Z10, it seems to be a little bit too boxy for my own liking. That's one of the reason why I prefer Nexus 3 over Nexus 5.

I am very pleased with Q10 so far - a fantastic little device! I love the Hub - Android or iOS doesn't even have anything similar to what BlackBerry has on offer (Hub).

Keep up the awesome job, guys! Remember, you have successfully changed someone who was a die-hard Android fan into a BlackBerry fan!

Ta, Wheel.
    Welcome to BlackBerry. I hope the Q10 keeps serving u well. We have both Android and BlackBerry in our home and I love how they play well with each other. But BlackBerry is the daily driver for three of us.

Posted via Q10 with 1154
    10-23-14 08:37 AM
33 12