My girlfriend's BB Q10 Model SQN 100-5 with the 10.3.1779 software is having text messaging problems and I'm wondering if anyone else has them or has a fix.

Let me preface by saying we have done a hard reboot multiple times.

So firstly text messages are just being super slow in general, taking lots of time to load conversations if at all, sometimes if they do load she can't even type in any messages. I thought that maybe it was because the conversations were so long, but she can't delete conversations either! When she uses the drop down menu to delete messages they just... don't do anything. They don't delete at all even after multiple tries. She also isn't getting text messages sometimes as well, which is getting super frustrating for her.

BBM is working normally, and I'm not having any problems on my Z10, with the same carrier. She just updated to the 10.3 update a couple weeks ago, since that's when virgin released it.

Anyone have any similar issues? Any fixes? Help would be appreciated.
    04-26-15 12:10 PM
    I only have a slow response in text message when I have a couple weeks worth of messages witht the wifey. I usually delete the conversation and it's back to normal.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-15 04:37 PM
    Sounds like something got corrupted in her hub if she cant delete any conversation threads. I would try to wipe the device and start fresh, if that doesn't help then you might as well autoload a more recent OS on there - the latest versions of 10.3.1 are quite stable.

If I had to guess, I'd say the OTA update didn't go as planned and is conflicting with the settings/messages/contacts from the previous installation. There is a good chance clearing out all the personal data will resolve it, but in the case that it is indeed a bug in the OS then you'd need to upgrade again.

I recommend not restoring any backups to the phone to avoid re-introducing the problem again. Saving contacts to sim and backing up anything else important to the SD card is a quick way to prepare the phone.
    04-26-15 11:30 PM
    I have been having the same problem that you describe since I had my Q10 in 2013 and it still happens on my passport. I click a text message and nothing loads. I click another message and it doesn't load either. I try to type something and its just blank. It's frustrating and it prevents me from answering back a text. People on here say it's a rare problem and to delete all my messages or do a clean install and that's unacceptable. And I can't delete a thread either. Cause the phone is hung up on trying to load the message. There's no fix. Turning the text message to black mode doesn't work and restarting the hub doesn't work. Only waiting works. And I had the same problem with getting only some text messages. I was sent on a wild goose chase between the carrier and blackberry blaming each other. but the thing that fixed it for me was getting a new sim card. Try that.

Posted via CB10
    05-05-15 09:21 PM