The main problem is that, while I put 539 songs in the music folder in the Internal memory in my Blackberry Q10. However, the Music app only detects 414. Not even the other music apps, even the ones from Android, detect any more than the 414 songs.
    02-12-15 12:19 PM
    What type of music file are they?

Posted via CB10
    02-12-15 12:37 PM
    Have you tried restarting your phone?
    Had similar thing happen to me, restart helped.
    02-12-15 02:26 PM
    Are they all properly tagged?

Posted via CB10
    02-12-15 02:34 PM
    They are all .ogg files converted the same way.

How do I restart my smart telephone?
    02-12-15 03:09 PM
    Did you know which ones are missing ? Use the File Manager to see if you can read one. If you can't, well, you'll know what the issue was : transfer corruption. Use the USB cable, not Wi-Fi to upload them again on the phone.
    02-12-15 08:59 PM
    How many levels of folders do you have in your music folder (or where ever you have these files)?

Here's why I ask: I have my alrams (including .ogg files), notifications, and ringtones in: SD > music > System > alarms (or notifications, or ringtones). When I moved the "alarms" folder, for example, to SD > music (no further subfolders) they appeared in the Music app.

emPowered by 
    02-12-15 09:13 PM
    I have my alrams (including .ogg files), notifications, and ringtones in: SD > music > System > alarms (or notifications, or ringtones). When I moved the "alarms" folder, for example, to SD > music (no further subfolders) they appeared in the Music app.
    You probably have a .nomedia file in your System directory
    02-13-15 04:33 AM
    You probably have a .nomedia file in your System directory
    You know, I was messing around with the ".nomedia" files awhile back and was getting mixed results. I forgot I left one in the System folder. Good call.

Maybe the OP has a ".nomedia" file in his directory as well?

EDIT: or a possible Codec issue from the conversion

emPowered by 
    Last edited by celticmagick; 02-13-15 at 06:33 AM.
    02-13-15 06:10 AM
    Have you tried restarting your phone?
    Had similar thing happen to me, restart helped.
    Uhmmm... Hold power button (the one on the top of the device) and select restart.
    02-13-15 06:44 AM
    I can read the song from the file manager. I use USB in transferring.

(Given that 'restarting' could mean several things regarding smart telephones, I was confused...)
    Restarting my smart telephone does not work.

There are no .nomedia files.

All of the music files are in 1 folder. (I have a folder that has a couple ringtones, though. They both play in the Music app.)
    02-13-15 04:47 PM

(Given that 'restarting' could mean several things regarding smart telephones, I was confused...)
    Restarting my smart telephone does not work.

There are no .nomedia files.

All of the music files are in 1 folder. (I have a folder that has a couple ringtones, though. They both play in the Music app.)
    Must look pretty darn sloppy. I cringe every time I see or hear of someone like this.

Try a different player, I would recommend Neutron but I fear paying for an app is not something you would entertain.
    02-13-15 05:04 PM
    So:
    - either it's just stop or still syncing. Just restart your phone by pressing both the volume up and down rockers until the BlackBerry logo is displayed. Wait before checking again
    - either, well... you don't have so many music files on your BlackBerry. I assume you get the number of music files from the Playlist "All songs" ? How did you get the number of files ? File manager "Property" on the music folder ? Don't you have album art (jpg) as well ? Don't compare with the number of files on your PC
    - either one of the file is corrupted and your transfer stopped silently without your knowledge.
    02-13-15 05:18 PM
    I tend to listen to selected singles, not entire albums. I simply alphabetise the list.

You are correct; I do not wish to pay... nor pirate, in that matter.

The Music playlist 'All Songs' says 414 songs, but the File Cabinet app reports 539.

This problem happens no matter how often I retransfer the files.
    02-16-15 10:11 AM
    Any chance that 125 are cRAP, and therefore not recognized as music?

Posted via CB10, Mostly from my Passport, occasionally my Z30
    NoAhB0Dy likes this.
    02-16-15 10:16 AM
    By reading the file in the File Manager do you mean visually seeing the file or playing the file? It sounds like a formatting issue to me...or a corruption during the conversion.

emPowered by 
    02-16-15 01:37 PM
    The only rap song is the 4kids version of the One Piece intro... which is part of the 414 songs that did appear.

The file manager can actually play the missing 125 songs. They also work when I put them in the NoTag MP3 player from Blackberry World.
    02-16-15 05:53 PM
    Hmmm, in that case it sounds like the Music app needs a forced indexing of the newly added tracks. I've had it were the card wasn't scanned and it either showed things that were deleted or didn't show the new things.

emPowered by 
    02-16-15 06:18 PM
    I considered that indexing was one of the cases...

How do I induce indexing? I am still new at having anything Blackberry-related.
    02-16-15 07:09 PM
    I usually take my card out and use a media card reader to put music on it. When I put the card back in it will refresh with the newly added tracks.

A couple of things to try:

Take the card out and put it back in. Open the Music app and see if you see the progress bar while it reads or if the new tracks are seen in the recently added section. If you don't see the progress bar or the new files...

Try adding a file (any file) to the card via a card reader then putting it back in the phone. Again, check to see if the Music app is updating/updated.

Another option would be to take the card out and restart the phone without the card inserted. Reinsert the card once the phone is up and running.

For the most part, the OS will update without any issues but sometimes this can happen.

emPowered by 
    02-16-15 07:35 PM