Hi,

I've just bought a BlackBerry Q10 and currently runs with BBOS 10.3.1.1784. I've facing some problems as below detail:

1. My BlackBerry Q10's heat is getting hotter and hotter and cause the battery drain too fast. I need to charge it few times a day with moderate use.
    2. Randomly restart, sometime during my phone call or compose/reply email without any notice
    3. Performance is not smooth as it suppose to be with a device that own 2GB of RAM. Many lags and it's annoy me much.

Based on my above detail, I would love to get some tips, advice or suggestion to fix all of those issues. Will newer BBOS version will help fix those issues? If so, I wouldn't mind to reinstall my accounts again.

Looking forwards to hear from all of you.
    Many thanks,
    06-03-15 11:06 AM
    I was also facing the same problem with the bb z3 mobile looking forward for your advices to overcome the issue
    06-03-15 11:19 AM
    Do you have an official OS from Blackberry or did you download a leak? I haven't messed with them at all but I know you can update your OS via autoloader and that might fix some of your issues.

I have a Q10 on 10.2 and it has excellent battery life, no lag, and handles everything I throw at it.

Via my BlackBerry Q10
    06-03-15 12:06 PM
    Also, battery life takes some time to settle in. My Q10 didn't have adequate battery life until about two weeks after I bought it. It needs time to settle in. But your phone should not be getting hot.

Via my BlackBerry Q10
    06-03-15 12:08 PM
    I installed via auto loader 10.3.1.2744 and it works great... should try that... I'm about to upgrade to the 10.3.2.784 update when I get home from work

Posted via CB10
    06-03-15 12:13 PM
    There are many complaints postings on CB and internet about mobile phones running warm to hot. I assume an aside from technological advances.
    Poor leaks and or poor apps?
    06-03-15 02:09 PM
    I have a Q10 (purchased from Shop Blackberry) that yesterday switched (automatically) to the official version of 10.3.2.440 (Bell yesterday, Virgin today; bad timing but not consequential). It ran fine prior to the update, but now the battery drain is awful -- once I unplugged it from the charger (after updating) the once-full battery drained to below 20% in a matter of 4 hours or so (it was 24-48 hours prior). I've hard booted (battery out, etc.) repeatedly. I've unselected "Blackberry Protect" and because it indicates "Android Player" is responsible for 40-45% of the consumption, I've selectively deleted any non-native apps that were loaded. I see that some users went through this when they switched to 10.2 (which wasn't a problem for me). I took the time to search for a thread with the same problem, but decided to post it here -- no hijacking intended, but my Q10 is also suddenly running hot. I repeat that this is all SINCE the 10.3.2.440 update that took place yesterday. Aside from a security wipe, which is a move that indicates lack of a specific cause, is there a fix for this?
    06-04-15 06:50 PM
    There is something hanging on the install process... try either restarting your phone... pulling the battery... or deleting your accounts and re-adding them in
    06-07-15 11:50 AM
    Most of us already do the rebooting, battery removal, and even factory resets. I discovered that:

(1) I have to select the option to "send diagnostics and usage data" to Blackberry in the initial setup screens. This is apparently a must, because if not engaged, you BB will just continue to 'search' for this and will run the CPU (and your battery) into the ground.
    (2) Go into your email setups and unselect "sync calendar," "sync contacts," "sync tasks," and "sync memos." I did this and found that PIM Services eventually went to "idle." It takes half a day (more, in some cases) for the CPU usage (which is draining your battery and making it so hot) to settle down.
    (3) Track your phone's CPU usage through 'Device Monitor' -- it's a valuable tool to detect changes after you've made changes ONE AT A TIME, in incremental steps.

Of course, this is only my own experience, but it worked. My battery life is at almost 3 days per charge now (usage dependent, of course).
    bbnrs likes this.
    06-09-15 11:23 AM
    Hi guys,

Same here, after autoloader update to 10.3.2.798 and completely fresh install, my PIM services are constantly using appx 40% of my CPU, draining 20% battery per hour and heating up my device. The standards like battery pull etc had no effect.

I doubt the 'settle in' theory as I figured out the following:

1. After 3 days the situation was just the same.

2. I deleted the AS account and PIM slowed down immediately.

3. Then I set up a new, completely empty Active Synch account with zero, nada, null content. Still it causes PIM to drive nuts...

The only temporary solution so far is using pure IMAP with the downside of not having my cal + contacts synched and the lack of proper meeting invitation handling, which I use a lot. My other toys like iPad or Windows does NOT have similar issues, which makes me believe it might be rather a BlackBerry issue, but without knowing of course.

In other new threads I also read about most recent PIM problems and AS. This gives me some hope that they (BlackBerry) will soon fix that. Especially with there core competence on Email

No offense to anybody just my own findings.

Posted via CB10
    06-09-15 01:03 PM
    Hi. Oshasat what OS are you using? Looked for #2 on your list and could not find it in my options. Am using AT&T 10.2.stock OS. Thanks.
    06-09-15 04:21 PM
    Hi. Oshasat what OS are you using? Looked for #2 on your list and could not find it in my options. Am using AT&T 10.2.stock OS. Thanks.
    Hi BBNRS,

I'm using 10.3.2.516 (via autoloader 798) on my Q10, but it shouldn't matter; depending on whether you're using a POP3, IMAP, EXCHANGE or other email protocol, you'll see a setting for each email account that allows you to select or deselect syncing of various functions, from email to calendar, etc. Play with each, one account at a time and remove the variables, one-by-one. You should come to a solution eventually.

As I warned earlier, wait between each account's changes you've selected, and monitor your CPU without freaking out. It can take hours (days, even) for the CPU to settle. But my experience was that I'd see a change in PIM activity within seconds or a few minutes.
    06-09-15 04:40 PM