Hey all,

So I bought my BBQ10 in England and am now in America. I stuck a Verizon sim in and as expected I had no sim recognition.

Went into security, to attempt an unlock and it says it is unlocked.

Which confused me, anyone had anythign similar happen to them?

Thanks in Advance.
    12-03-14 10:58 PM
    Maybe you should try this:

Purify yourself in the waters of lake minnetonka

Posted via CB10
    12-04-14 03:56 AM
    Go to BBW and download this free app called "Signal":
    http://Check out Signal in BlackBerr...ntent/21867724

Open the app and on the bottom tap the "radio" icon and see if your available bands match these:

If they do, call verizon (using a different phone) and see if it's just a matter of them needing to activate or ping your sim card.

Hope this helps.
    12-04-14 04:28 AM
    If I'm not mistaken, "Network Subset" & "Service Provider" are going to say unlocked already. Your phone isn't, in our terms unlocked until u have a section that says "Network" - Unlocked.
    Why isn't my SIM card being recognized?-bb10unlock.jpg

Posted via CB10
    12-04-14 04:31 AM
    Doesn't Verizon use a different standard (CDMA) in terms of radios compared to euopean GSM standards? Might be one of the reasons it rejects the Verizon sim.

Posted via CB10
    12-04-14 05:30 AM
    Doesn't Verizon use a different standard (CDMA) in terms of radios compared to euopean GSM standards? Might be one of the reasons it rejects the Verizon sim.

Posted via CB10
    The screen shot I provided above, though it shows my provider is AT&T, my device is actually a Verizon model.

But I don't know what model the OP has, which is why I suggested he/she download that app to see what bands his/her phone has.
    12-04-14 06:32 AM
    The phone you bough in the UK is most likely a GSM SQN100-3 model, which may not be compatible with the Verizon CDMA Network. I believe the SQN100-2 would be compatible with Verizon.

Heck, even if you put a GSM Network sim like T-Mobile USA in your phone, it is likely you won't be getting fast speeds with it anyway (perhaps just 2G). Band incompatibility between the BB10 European and US models has been a big issue for me. That's why I have had to buy two Z10s and two Q10s so far (one for US and one for UK).
    12-04-14 06:48 AM
    As long as his phone has both gsm and CDMA it should work. But as you've pointed out, he may not get 4g lte

I am.... Mrs Peevishlicious
    12-04-14 08:43 AM
    As long as his phone has both gsm and CDMA it should work. But as you've pointed out, he may not get 4g lte
    How many models of Q10 do you think have both GSM and CDMA? Out of the five Q10 models, only SQN100-2 (US Verizon compatible model) might have a chance, but I doubt they sell that model in the UK!
    12-04-14 10:24 AM
    How many models of Q10 do you think have both GSM and CDMA? Out of the five Q10 models, only SQN100-2 (US Verizon compatible model) might have a chance, but I doubt they sell that model in the UK!
    I wouldn't have a clue. Which is why I suggested the app above to identify what radio bands are on that particular Q10.

I am.... Mrs Peevishlicious
    12-04-14 11:51 AM
    Maybe you should try this:

Purify yourself in the waters of lake minnetonka

Posted via CB10
    Why don't you try having a fantastic day

Thank you so much guys I'm goign to try all this tomorrow - life got a little hectic I wasn't ignoring ya'll <3
    01-09-15 09:00 PM