Carrier: Rogers
    Issue: I will start my Mobile Hotspot, and try to connect any one of several devices, and they will connect, but the data connection will not transfer to the connected device. That is, the connected device believes it is connected to my BB hotspot, but it does not see a connection to the internet. This is true for both Wi-fi hotspots and Bluetooth tethering (hadn't tried USB tethering to be honest...)

I can still browse the internet on the phone without a problem.

To fix it, I call Rogers tech support and they say they Refresh the network connection to my phone, on their end, and they advise me to then restart my phone. Once I do the restart, everything works fine again... But this has happened 3 times now, including twice in 24 hours.

Any idea what's up here?
    09-30-14 05:09 PM
    I can't speak to why it's happening.. but if you try restarting the phone in your own and it doesn't help.. then you call.. they do whatever they do and you restart again with success then clearly the problem is in their end..

Posted via CB10
    09-30-14 11:19 PM
    Lte or 4g? If Lte, did you receive any calls during the connection?

And apn settings
    Apn = Internet.com or ltemobile.apn
    Username and password blank
    09-30-14 11:23 PM
    You would think it was on Rogers' end. They won't admit that though. They tell me it's my phone that's dropping the network... But it's not dropping the network, is it? I can still call, surf, everything on the phone. The Mobile Hotspot just refuses to transmit data.

APN settings are all fine. It's only getting 4G -- albeit good signal.

Now they're trying to sell me a new phone, or tell me I have to get mine sent in and pay to get it fixed... Someone -- be it BlackBerry or Rogers -- better step up here and explain what's REaLLY going on.
    10-01-14 11:59 PM