I've stopped using the Q10. I've used it since June this year. Since 2006 I've used and supported many BlackBerry models. But the Q10 -at least for me- was a deception. Why?

- Within 2 months (!) the 'o' key became highly sensible, resulting in when I type the 'i' it became 'io'. Very annoying. Sent it in for repair and the device was replaced (the keyboard is a real issue with the Q10!) within a week
    - Unable to tweet pics with the native BB Twitter application
    - Spontaneously disbled WiFi profiles (no networks with the same SSID!)
    - Spontaneously disappeared SMS messages
    - Spontaneously reboots
    - When putting it on the table a *little* bit to rude or shaking it: reboot and a red battery icon is displayed
    - Absence of the ability to copy/past some text from within the web browser
    - When using WhatsApp, no alert in the hub for new messages. Only when I left WhatsApp open as an application
    - When removing it from the genuine BB swivel holster, the ALT key is always activated
    - Absence of a Today-screen, the overview of all your taskes and appointments for that day
    - Absence of customizing ringtones, virbrations and so on, just like it was possible in BB7
    - Absence of customizing you screen, background of the calendar
    - Absence of the "Go to specific date" option in the calendar (which is gone in BB10)
    - Absence to add an alarm/reminder in the calendar (which is gone in BB10). For example: a reminder to watch a TV show, next thurday at 10pm
    - The interval between OS updates is IMHO too long for this OS with such a LOT of issues!
    - The BB10 should IMHO have AT LEAST the same functionality as BB7, not less. BB10 OS acts like if it's a beta version
    - The absence of the ability to create folders in de pictures folder to sort and categorize my pics
    - BlackBerry Link stopped "seeing" my Q10 after connecting it via USB. Only a reinstall and cleaning up the registry from RIM/BB keys solves this problem
    - No key-shortcuts (e.g. first unread message)
    - Deleting multiple emails: can't select them at once or by date, only by selecting them individually
    - The lack of popular apps
    - The lack of apps made by stores, companies: always for iOS and Android, seldom for BB10
    - And just a lot more...

I'm really disappointed in RIM/BlackBerry. I was always an enthousiastic user and an ambassador, but now I'm done with it: they've ruined themselves with those BB10 and devices!

So sad...
    Last edited by MarcelQ10; 10-23-13 at 07:32 AM.
    10-23-13 07:12 AM
    A lot of people will stay with the Q10 because it works for them. If it didn't work for you then I hope you find a device that does. Use it in good health.
    itzJustMeh, moyah8, radewa and 6 others like this.
    10-23-13 07:25 AM
    A lot of people will stay with the Q10 because it works for them. If it didn't work for you then I hope you find a device that does. Use it in good health.
    I'm staying at BB, I'm using my previous BB, the 9790!
    10-23-13 07:27 AM
    Sorry you're having issues with your device, I hope you enjoy your next device. It seems like you want an iPhone for the apps and relative stability.

Q10
    10-23-13 07:28 AM
    I've stopped using the Q10. I've used it since June this year. Since 2006 I've used and supported many BlackBerry models. But the Q10 -at least for me- was a deception. Why?

- Within 2 months (!) the 'o' key became highly sensible, resulting in when I type the 'i' it became 'io'. Very annoying. Sent it in for repair and the device was replaced (the keyboard is a real issue with the Q10!) within a week
    - Spontaneously reboots
    - When putting it on the table a *little* bit to rude or shaking it: reboot and a red battery icon is displayed
    - When using WhatsApp, no alert in the hub for new messages. Only when I left WhatsApp open as an application
    - When removing it from the genuine BB swivel holster, the ALT key is always activated
    - Absence of a Today-screen, the overview of all your taskes and appointments for that day
    - Absence of customizing ringtones, virbrations and so on, just like it was possible in BB7
    - Absence of the "Go to specific date" option in the calendar (which is gone in BB10)
    - Absence to add an alarm/reminder in the calendar (which is gone in BB10). For example: a reminder to watch a TV show, next thurday at 10pm
    - The interval between OS updates is IMHO too long for this OS with such a LOT of issues!
    - The BB10 should IMHO have AT LEAST the same functionality as BB7, not less. BB10 OS acts like if it's a beta version
    - The absence of the ability to create folders in de pictures folder to sort and categorize my pics
    - BlackBerry Link stopped "seeing" my Q10 after connecting it via USB. Only a reinstall and cleaning up the registry from RIM/BB keys solves this problem
    - Deleting multiple emails: can't select them at once or by date, only by selecting them individually
    - The lack of apps made by stores, companies: always for iOS and Android, seldom for BB10
    - And just a lot more...

I'm really disappointed in RIM/BlackBerry. I was always an enthousiastic user and an ambassador, but now I'm done with it: they've ruined themselves with those BB10 and devices!

So sad...
    Are you using one of the original OSes or one of the leaks?

Secret Squirreling with my Q.
    10-23-13 07:47 AM
    Are you using one of the original OSes or one of the leaks?
    The original OS, 10.1.0.4181 if I remember it well
    10-23-13 07:56 AM
    To delete more than one email at a time swipe right in your hub and touch "select more" then select all emails you want to delete. Voila!

- Spontaneously reboots
    - And just a lot more...

So sad...
    djdosage and andy957 like this.
    10-23-13 08:05 AM
    The new version 10.2 brings forth more features. Wait for it and see.
    10-23-13 08:11 AM
    My last was the 9700. If you have gave up on the Q and still have it, I encourage you to try the 10.2.0.1767 leak. From what I can see it's probably one of the most stable out. Majority of the issues you are having have been rectified.
    When I got the Q I was also a bit disappointed. Until I remembered these forums from having problems with the "Pearl" back in the day.
    It won't hurt to try the leak if you're at your wits end. Start from scratch.

***If you try the leak, try to avoid BlackBerry Link***

10-23-13 08:11 AM
    To delete more than one email at a time swipe right in your hub and touch "select more" then select all emails you want to delete. Voila!
    Not. I still have to select each mail individually.
    As in previous BB's, one can select a date and all emails of that date and before were deleted...
    10-23-13 08:13 AM
    The new version 10.2 brings forth more features. Wait for it and see.
    I will install and test that version for sure! My Q10 is still in my drawer!
    Any idea of any estimated release date?
    10-23-13 08:13 AM
    As in previous BB's, one can select a date and all emails of that date and before were deleted...
    10.2.0.1767 you can delete all prior.

deezy87 likes this.
    10-23-13 08:14 AM
    Some of the hardware issues you described lead to believe you got a defective (from the factory) phone which could probably be resolved by an exchange, and though if you got yours in June it could be too late for that.

The other issues, lack of software, or your dislike of the way BB10 has changed things up, fair enough. Not the right OS for you.

Have you looked at some of the other modern mobile operating systems? Have you found one you like? It's tough to beat android for customization.
    andy957 likes this.
    10-23-13 08:15 AM
    10.2.0.1767 you can delete all prior.
    Ah! Sounds great!
    10-23-13 08:16 AM
    You should be able to tap and hold date ribbon, choose delete from right and it will delete prior. Simple.

BlackBerry Since 2006. Z10 Rogers, Halifax NS
    10-23-13 08:18 AM
    Why I stopped using the Q10-img_00000240.png

10-23-13 08:20 AM
    Some of the hardware issues you described lead to believe you got a defective (from the factory) phone which could probably be resolved by an exchange, and though if you got yours in June it could be too late for that.

The other issues, lack of software, or your dislike of the way BB10 has changed things up, fair enough. Not the right OS for you.

Have you looked at some of the other modern mobile operating systems? Have you found one you like? It's tough to beat android for customization.
    Many of the hardware issues, are also appearing on a Q10 of a friend of mine with same OS version. All other absence of functions which I don't like, is that those functions were present in BB7. I'm a BB user since 2006 and it's not the new designed OS of which you said it's not good for me, it's that RIM made an new OS with less functionality compared to BB7. Functionality which is expected at least by long-term BB users.
    anon(5828343) likes this.
    10-23-13 08:21 AM
    You should be able to tap and hold date ribbon, choose delete from right and it will delete prior. Simple.
    Thanks!
    10-23-13 08:22 AM
    This thread is useless.
    10-23-13 08:26 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000240.png 
Views:	1133 
Size:	96.5 KB 
ID:	213168
    Is this screen shot taken with a Q10 or Z10?
    10-23-13 08:26 AM
    Is this screen shot taken with a Q10 or Z10?
    My Q

10-23-13 08:30 AM
    This thread is useless.
    Why?
    10-23-13 08:36 AM
    Love this phone.
    xanadome likes this.
    10-23-13 08:43 AM
    Your right. The version 10.1.0.4181 has a lot of issues. i loaded the leaked os 10.2.0.415 on my Q10. And really, it has a lot of new features and solved problems. After this version, i decided to use the Q10 for a long time, because its fast, intuitive, and supports a lot of things. the only one bad thing in my opinion is: the developers has to do more native apps!

If you want to have a look on it, so install the leaked os 10.2.0.415 and work with it. maybe you'll be surprised in a postive way
    ___
    BlackBerry Q10 Leaked OS 10.2.0.415
    10-23-13 08:50 AM
    "Official"10.2 is suppose to be rolling out this week in some areas. (check the forum)
    Loading a leak is not a 2 minute process. So, if you want to leave it in the drawer and wait a little longer to save about a hour of work...

10-23-13 08:53 AM
179 123 ...