BB10 WWE app is not updated and does not work with the WWE Network. The Android apk WWE app works for the most part but crashes upon launching the WWE Network.

Also, several emulated video games on Snap and 1 Mobile Market do not read properly on my BB10. Other than that, my Q10 rocks. Hopefully, app updates are coming and 10.3 allows more of these Android apps to work.

Posted via "Link" the Q10
    05-31-14 11:28 AM
    Yup, there are many reasons why folks may still need their Android devices. Unpredictable app behaviour is certainly one.
    05-31-14 11:41 AM
    The Android device I use from time to time is the Samsung Galaxy Stratosphere II slider. Not a bad little device...but not the fastest either!

Oh, and of all things my work has us equipped with iPhone 4S, ugh!

05-31-14 12:20 PM
    My daughter has a Z10 and an Asus MemoPad tablet. Best of both worlds. Altho some days we have no idea where her tablet is since her phone seems to be permanently attached to her hands, lol.

Sent from my Q10 or Z10.
    05-31-14 05:53 PM
    I just bought a Sony Ultra Z gpe for "handling" the android side, though mostly for the screen size. But, I'm so deeply attached to Blackberry (q10 & z10), that I ordered a z30 yesterday. I'll more than likely be selling the Sony Ultra z and then buying a 2nd z30 for the wife (z10 user). The z30 has certainly withstood the the test of of time.
    05-31-14 06:50 PM
    I just bought a Q10 to go with my Z10 and I'm debating if I should sell my Nexus 4 to cover it. I love the N4 and use it occasionally now as an XBMC remote, but it mainly sits on my desk looking lonely, lol. I still have an HTC Vivid I'll be putting on eBay. I'm definitely keeping my Nexus 10, though, as that is a great tablet, and will still keep me connected to all things Android. But my days of crack-flashing and modifications are over. It was fun but BB10 is more productive and there's just more finesse to it.

Z10 - 10.2.1.2941 (3175/3140)
    Last edited by bruce73; 06-01-14 at 02:28 PM.
    pcguy514 likes this.
    06-01-14 04:21 AM
    I'm still thinking about getting an android phone again this fall just because of too many missing apps.

But everything else works so well on the Q10... I don't know if I could give it up since I don't want to use two devices.
    06-01-14 11:54 AM
    I tried carrying around 2 devices for a month. I didn't enjoy having both front pockets occupied with a device each.

I decided to only carry around my awesome Q10 after that!

Posted via CB10
    06-01-14 12:13 PM
    I admit the Q10 is sexy. It's such the perfect size. I'll consider the Classic, but it may be too big! Still excited to see it, nonetheless!

06-01-14 12:25 PM
    Easiest solution I had:

Blackberry Q10 for work
    Android tablet
    And my Windows work laptop for everything else.

Q10 is awesome for productivity, nothing else can touch it for communicating. The way I see it, all the apps I'm missing on blackberry is just stuff I shouldn't be doing when I'm on the clock anyway.

The setup works really well.

Posted via CB10
    bruce73 and cwbcpa like this.
    06-01-14 08:29 PM
    I'm still thinking about getting an android phone again this fall just because of too many missing apps.

But everything else works so well on the Q10... I don't know if I could give it up since I don't want to use two devices.
    What "too many missing apps" are you talking about? I'm always curious to know what other people are missing. I'm not missing any.

Posted via CB10
    06-01-14 10:07 PM
    Man, that's it! That's how BlackBerry would move BB10 devices! They can't put Google services inside of BB10 so... bundle them with a cheap no-name Android tablet!

People would think,

"wow", I'm getting something for free, thanks BlackBerry!

And... It's ok if BB10 doesn't have all the apps, because I have a (free!) android tablet for play time.

BUT since the cheapo (but free!) tablet won't be maxed out in specs, the android experience will suck, and make the BB10 experience seem so much smoother and polished. So then they'll hear about the fact that most android apps can run on BB10, and will explore how to do that even if they have to officially buy them with the (free!) tablet and load them via Snap.

And did I mentioned it comes with a free! Tablet!?

Posted via CB10
    06-01-14 10:18 PM
    When switching from a Q10 to a Z10 earlier this year I noticed that most apps did not render properly for the Q10 square screen and therefore did not work properly. Some of those same apps worked flawlessly on the Z10. This was probably because it had a similar screen resolution as Android phones. There aren't many Android phones out there with square screens are there? No not at all. This is the issue you have if you want BB10 but want all these apps. If you also want a physical keyboard then you have to compromise. The Z10 gives me access to more distractions...errr... apps and the Q10 gives me a workhorse smartphone with enough apps for what I need (not necessarily want).

So that's why i think you still have to have an android. Because you have a Q10. And maybe because you need Google Service apps too. Either way, I do not think pairing a Q10 with an Android tab is a bad idea anyway. Also, why not try out a Z30 sometime and see if that helps with some of the apps you can't get. Anyway, enjoy your Android/BB10 combo.
    Last edited by eddy_berry; 06-02-14 at 08:03 AM.
    06-01-14 10:31 PM
    What "too many missing apps" are you talking about? I'm always curious to know what other people are missing. I'm not missing any.

Posted via CB10
    What I really miss is an American Airlines and a Swiss International Airlines app. Then also the app for my bank is not available on BB10. And even though I'm not a big mobile gamer, some of the more popular games would be nice too from time to time.
    I've been missing some other apps too sometimes - not that important but still things I'd like to see, like IMDB for example.
    06-02-14 04:38 AM
    Easiest solution I had:

Blackberry Q10 for work
    Android tablet

Q10 is awesome for productivity, nothing else can touch it for communicating. The way I see it, all the apps I'm missing on blackberry is just stuff I shouldn't be doing when I'm on the clock anyway.

Posted via CB10
    Agreed, my sentiments exactly.

Z10 - 10.2.1.2941 (3175/3140)
    06-02-14 04:42 AM
    I still use my Note 3. It's become my tablet pretty much. I only use it at home when I'm in bed relaxing or in the morning like right now. The bigger font is easier to read and Swype makes it convenient for me to type. =)

Besides that, once I start getting productive, I use my Z30 the rest of the day.

Sent from a larger than life device using Tapatalk!
    06-02-14 05:05 AM
    I still use my Note 3. It's become my tablet pretty much. I only use it at home when I'm in bed relaxing or in the morning like right now. The bigger font is easier to read and Swype makes it convenient for me to type. =)

Besides that, once I start getting productive, I use my Z30 the rest of the day.

Sent from a larger than life device using Tapatalk!
    Honey, you can use whatever you want!

Sent using my Samsung Galaxy Stratosphere 2 Slider
    06-06-14 12:44 PM
    Easiest solution I had:

Blackberry Q10 for work
    Android tablet

Posted via CB10
    The same solution for me!
    06-06-14 02:49 PM
    The only reason I carry Android smartphone (Motorola Defy XT): Blackberry doesn't produce water/dust protected hardware.
    06-07-14 10:22 AM
    I currently use an SIII and a Z10. Am dropping the SIII for a Nokia 925 after due consideration and a desire to leave Android behind me. There are a lot of features in the Nokia software suit that appeal to me albeit some will have to catch up with win-phone 8.1 over time. Integration with win 8 PC was also a factor. I always liked Nokia phone hardware and with the Z10 as secondary phone I hope to be set for awhile. I noticed SIII got slower over time but perhaps that is just a smartphone thing in general.
    06-07-14 10:38 AM