I have Q10, Z10, and Z30 and love them all, but the one handed use that can be done on Q10 and Z10 is unparalleled!

Posted via "Link" the Q10
    01-07-15 11:07 PM
    For me, what is missing with the q10 is the "left and right" button located @ both ends of the lower keyboard. It will make editing throught texts and mails easy since we donot have trackpad.

Q10 Filipinas
    01-08-15 05:52 AM
    the one handed use that can be done on Q10 and Z10 is unparalleled!

I've started using my Q10 with one hand today just for fun and I like it . It's convenient in some situations (like when your other hand is busy, when you're using your Q10 in secret at an inappropriate time, if you have a hand missing or just to show off) and you're not that much slower thanks to word suggestions & auto-correction
    +1 for this ability on our beloved Q10
    -1 for the Passport

Also, you truly enjoy the ability to convert to uppercase a letter when long pressing its key when using one hand instead of combining Shift + the letter's key. Even though this feature is useful in many situations, this is a particular case that truly benefits from such a feature
    EDIT: Let's play with words a bit->it's so handy being able to do this with a single hand
    Last edited by Ohnoesfb Lolok; 01-08-15 at 12:12 PM.
    01-08-15 07:38 AM
    I recently bought a Q10 mainly because of removable battery and the ability to place the phone in a holster with LED indicator showing. I am not sure but can't help feeling this is probably the last BB phone with removable battery. Love the silver strips between rows of keys.
    01-09-15 01:58 AM
    Let's face it, the perfect BB10 device would be a slider that resembles a merge of the Z10 and Q10...maybe call it T20 as in Torch!

01-09-15 03:23 AM
    Let's face it, the perfect BB10 device would be a slider that resembles a merge of the Z10 and Q10...maybe call it T20 as in Torch!

I agree! But make it Z30 slider!

Q10 Filipinas
    LyoobaBerry likes this.
    01-09-15 04:06 AM
    I loved my Q10 until the bloody double typing issue set in! THE reason I got this was for the physical keyboard (the brilliance of the hub is a little bonus). To be able to have a physical keyboard I have had to surrender good app availability and screen size. But now the keyboard is throwing out r's and spaces and m's all over the place I feel like I've made the wrong choice.

And I can't get a return because of where I got it, and I've looked at the youtube videos for replacing the keyboard and it's way too complicated for me. I think I'll probably go back to android in a couple of months and just stop messaging so much on my phone.

I still like the q10 design though.
    01-09-15 04:37 AM
    Love the silver strips between rows of keys.
    +1 OMG YES!!!!!!!!!

JUST THAT gives a high-class look to our beloved device and would make me pick a Q10 over the Porsche Design at any time. Matter of fact for the P'9983, if it wasn't for the larger storage & branding, its value should be above the value of the Q5 but below the value the Q10

The rounded edges are nice. They are important because they are pocket friendly. Thanks to this, the Q10 fits comfortably in the palm of your hand: AT&T knows this well and the proof is their exclusive Passport.

Ok I'm gonna edit the title to add "why I prefer the Q10 over the Classic, Passport & Porsche Design" it's not working & I have an idea why after checking this thread but if a mod was kind enough to do it, it would be appreciated

130mm (height of the Z10) + 40mm (height of the Q10's keyboard) when sliding out the keyboard = a 170mm long device when typing that's too long for me >.<

I still like the q10 design though.
    Indeed its design is unrivaled: it even looks nicer than a diamond studded iPhone 6 (ewwwww)
    Why I prefer the Q10 over the Classic &amp; Passport-akg4unm.jpg

EDIT: I also love how easy it is to insert/remove SIM & SD cards
    -The weight of 139g is perfect
    -It's a solid device (dropped mine a couple of times and it still looks brand new)
    Last edited by Ohnoesfb Lolok; 01-09-15 at 09:46 AM.
    SaveurBlackBerry and madcat72 like this.
    01-09-15 05:31 AM
    -Even though we don't have a trackpad on the Q10 no biggie just hold Shift key and voila for text editing
    Wow! Thank you so much!

I agree with the post but double typing is driving me crazy. I am starting to notice it with my newly replaced keyboard
    01-17-15 03:21 AM
    I recently bought a Q10 mainly because of removable battery and the ability to place the phone in a holster with LED indicator showing. I am not sure but can't help feeling this is probably the last BB phone with removable battery. Love the silver strips between rows of keys.
    If it is the last one, i'll have to move to the Samsung Galaxy S5.

Posted via CB10
    01-17-15 08:48 AM
    I like how well the Q10's screen handles small text. With banking apps I don't even bother going to mobile view because it's easy to read and scroll the way it is.
    01-17-15 11:59 AM
    Once Verizon gets the Classic, I will get one and pair it with my Z30. I'll use one for a week then switch and alternate devices every week. That being said, once the Classic is in my possession, I will be selling my white Z10 and black Q10 on EBay.

I think the Z30 and Classic will be the perfect compliment to one another. I'm not even upset that there will be no Passport on VZW.. too wide anyways.

Posted via Ganon the Z30
    01-18-15 03:42 PM
    Once Verizon gets the Classic, I will get one and pair it with my Z30. I'll use one for a week then switch and alternate devices every week. That being said, once the Classic is in my possession, I will be selling my white Z10 and black Q10 on EBay.

I think the Z30 and Classic will be the perfect compliment to one another. I'm not even upset that there will be no Passport on VZW.. too wide anyways.

Posted via Ganon the Z30
    Why do you switch week to week?

 Posted via CB Chen 
    01-19-15 12:49 AM
    Why do you switch week to week?

 Posted via CB Chen 
    Because I can. LOL. I like to use different devices for change of pace...

01-19-15 05:46 AM
    How do you get coloured LED's on your Q10? Are you on 10.3?
    On my Q10 (10.2) I have tried several apps to achieve this (eg PowerTools, BeeBuzz) but have never had much success.
    Hub++ is the best app I've ever used for customized alerts. Of course nothing tops the customization of 7.1 phones but this app comes really dang close

Posted via CB10
    mushroom_daddy likes this.
    01-19-15 08:14 AM
    I would of got the classic in a heartbeat if we could rwmove the battery..... it's a deal breaker for me... so I'm staying with the Q10

Posted via CB10
    hlg8888 and Jay Wright2 like this.
    01-19-15 06:31 PM
    I would of got the classic in a heartbeat if we could rwmove the battery..... it's a deal breaker for me... so I'm staying with the Q10

Posted via CB10
    Chen is supposed to work on the PP 2 & Classic 2
    In the next MWC in March, we'll see if the Classic 2 has a removable battery...

EDIT: but from what Chen said "there will be a new concept device too" In other words, something unseen! SO! The next 3 devices have the potential to be great ONLY IF they really listen to us customers. I believe at this time the internet is flooded with feedback

2nd EDIT: since he intends to release the Classic 2, even if the battery was removable, one thing is sure: those new 2015 BB10 devices will not have lower specs than the Classic. That being said, you can be sure each device will have at least a 2515 mAh battery if not greater. This means the Q10 might stay the smallest BB10 device for a super long time. If Chen releases the Classic 2, I'm not sure if we'll see a follow up of the Q10. The new concept device would logically be a fully touch one (I bet it will be a follow up of the Z30). Anyways, we'll have to wait and see

3rd EDIT: If there was a Q10 follow up, many wish we'd get a Touch-Enabled Keyboard like the PP.
    An interesting thing about the article is the following part:
    "Chen states that the company will address the criticisms that the Passport is difficult to use with one hand"
    With that in mind, the PP 2 might actually be smaller than the PP 1 (hopefully with rounded edges like that AT&T version of the PP 1). So if the PP 2 is smaller than the PP 1 AND you have a Classic 2, chances that we get a Q10 with a Touch-Enabled Keyboard are really SMALL IMO

4th EDIT: It's gonna be tough to pick a new 2015 BB10 device when you have to pick between: a smaller PP 2, a Classic 2 and a mystery device
    On the PP, when you do a left swipe on the keyboard, it erases the text or it can select it if you hold Shift or do a left cursor movement if you double tap & then do a left swipe: I personally prefer a left cursor movement over erasing text by default. That is enough to make me pick the Classic 2 over the PP 2. If my Q10 lets me down, I would actually get the Classic 2 ONLY IF the battery is removable since I doubt that the mystery device that Chen will release will have a physical keyboard.
    Last edited by Ohnoesfb Lolok; 01-21-15 at 08:03 AM.
    hlg8888 and SaveurBlackBerry like this.
    01-20-15 10:53 AM
    Back on topic
    After watching both reviews of Erica Griffin on YouTube -> BlackBerry Passport Challenge: COMPLETE! VS. , I have to say that her review of the Q10 is more positive not based on the likes/dislikes ratio but on what she's actually saying excluding Google stuff

-With her small hands, she's able to use BlackBerry flow without issues (she's unable to complete the swipe up & right movement on the PP to jump to the BB Hub)
    -Her video recording & pictures were actually better on the Q10 than the PP even though the PP has a 13 MP camera (no over-sharpening & other issues she encountered)
    -She loves the sexy back
    -She had an easier time accessing SIM & SD cards slots
    -She loves the rounded edges (of course!)
    -When writing text it's cool to have your "speech to text" shortcut on your physical keyboard
    -Her battery life issue has been fixed with the latest updates
    Last edited by Ohnoesfb Lolok; 01-21-15 at 08:06 AM.
    01-21-15 07:09 AM
    Hi,
    I have the Q10 for 1 1/2 years and the classic since release day and switched back to the Q10 today. Will return the classic.
    Pros of the Q for me compared to the classic is weight, size and I realized that I do not need the toolbelt anymore since I'm so used to the gestures now. The Q10 fits so much better in my hand and my pockets I was really happy when I had it back in use today.
    The classic is a great phone but it doesn't give me enough advantages over the Q

Posted via CB10
    01-21-15 02:38 PM
    /hurray enjoy using the best phone available in the whole wide world arne576 (that's right the best in the world because it must be a BlackBerry & the Q10 is not dethroned yet )
    Why I prefer the Q10 over the Classic &amp; Passport-1dyxy0c.png

EDIT:
    It's smoother IMO to swipe your finger across the screen for text selection than to swipe your finger on the Classic's trackpad or Passport's keyboard. If I had to rate the 3 swiping methods in terms of sensation, my rating would be the following:
    #1 would be swiping your finger across the screen -> default and only option of the Q10
    #2 The Classic's trackpad
    #3 The Passport's keyboard
    Last edited by Ohnoesfb Lolok; 01-21-15 at 03:50 PM.
    01-21-15 03:19 PM
    Chen is supposed to work on the PP 2 & Classic 2
    In the next MWC in March, we'll see if the Classic 2 has a removable battery...

EDIT: but from what Chen said "there will be a new concept device too" In other words, something unseen! SO! The next 3 devices have the potential to be great ONLY IF they really listen to us customers. I believe at this time the internet is flooded with feedback

2nd EDIT: since he intends to release the Classic 2, even if the battery was removable, one thing is sure: those new 2015 BB10 devices will not have lower specs than the Classic. That being said, you can be sure each device will have at least a 2515 mAh battery if not greater. This means the Q10 might stay the smallest BB10 device for a super long time. If Chen releases the Classic 2, I'm not sure if we'll see a follow up of the Q10. The new concept device would logically be a fully touch one (I bet it will be a follow up of the Z30). Anyways, we'll have to wait and see

3rd EDIT: If there was a Q10 follow up, many wish we'd get a Touch-Enabled Keyboard like the PP.
    An interesting thing about the article is the following part:
    "Chen states that the company will address the criticisms that the Passport is difficult to use with one hand"
    With that in mind, the PP 2 might actually be smaller than the PP 1 (hopefully with rounded edges like that AT&T version of the PP 1). So if the PP 2 is smaller than the PP 1 AND you have a Classic 2, chances that we get a Q10 with a Touch-Enabled Keyboard are really SMALL IMO

4th EDIT: It's gonna be tough to pick a new 2015 BB10 device when you have to pick between: a smaller PP 2, a Classic 2 and a mystery device
    On the PP, when you do a left swipe on the keyboard, it erases the text or it can select it if you hold Shift or do a left cursor movement if you double tap & then do a left swipe: I personally prefer a left cursor movement over erasing text by default. That is enough to make me pick the Classic 2 over the PP 2. If my Q10 lets me down, I would actually get the Classic 2 ONLY IF the battery is removable since I doubt that the mystery device that Chen will release will have a physical keyboard.
    Haha. I have had my passport for 2 months and couldn't figure out the left swipe or double tap to view the cursor. Thanks for the tip. I only came on this board to check out a q10 for a second phone. Passport is awesome, but I would like a smaller phone for working in the field. I freaking hate my S5.
    Ohnoesfb Lolok likes this.
    01-21-15 04:10 PM
    Haha. I have had my passport for 2 months and couldn't figure out the left swipe or double tap to view the cursor. Thanks for the tip. I only came on this board to check out a q10 for a second phone. Passport is awesome, but I would like a smaller phone for working in the field. I freaking hate my S5.
    You're very welcome and you won't miss your S5 at all
    Once you go BlackBerry you never go back
    Why I prefer the Q10 over the Classic &amp; Passport-waaoovt.png
    EDIT:
    The classic is a great phone but it doesn't give me enough advantages over the Q
    Especially when what makes BB10 shine is the GESTURES!!!

2nd EDIT: As I was playing with the Classic the other day at the store I was like sure I can press the menu key while my text is selected to quickly pick Cut/Copy/Paste with the trackpad but why would I do all that when you have a context menu with cute little icons that pops up upon text selection that is more direct. I used to have a bold 9900 so yep I used to love doing that but I guess I've adapted myself to BB10 and I believe the Q10 was done right: it wasn't a mistake to remove the toolbelt
    Last edited by Ohnoesfb Lolok; 01-22-15 at 08:48 AM.
    01-22-15 06:53 AM
    So if the PP 2 is smaller than the PP 1 AND you have a Classic 2, chances that we get a Q10 with a Touch-Enabled Keyboard are really SMALL IMO
    We must keep in mind that the other name of the Classic is the Q20: the Classic would logically be the follow up of the Q10. So the chances that we get a Q10 w/ a capacitive touch keyboard are really really low. As for the Classic 2, if it did get a capacitive touch keyboard you'd have a phone with like 2 trackpads. And if they remove the toolbelt of the "Q30" could it still be called a Classic 2 If John Chen makes the PP 2 smaller, it will no longer have the dimensions of a standard passport so could it still be called a passport. I can't wait to see what he's cooking!
    Why I prefer the Q10 over the Classic &amp; Passport-nvezzsd.jpg
    EDIT: The fact that I'm wondering what John Chen is cooking is the proof that I've fallen into consumerism ARGGGGGGGGGGG NOOOOOOOOOOOO THIS CANNOT BE I MUST RESIST AND BE SATISFIED WITH MY Q10 UNTIL IT ROTS !
    Last edited by Ohnoesfb Lolok; 01-22-15 at 12:23 PM.
    01-22-15 10:43 AM
    Had the Q10 since launch, although I do twin sims and also use iPhone....screen is sensitive while in pocket, it sets alarm sometime or goes to sleep mode. The BB-logo on my holster is broken....

Posted via CB10
    01-22-15 11:07 AM
    BB-logo on my holster is broken....
    No worries BlackBerry is also engraved on the back

EDIT:
    The fact that I'm wondering what John Chen is cooking is the proof that I've fallen into consumerism ARGGGGGGGGGGG NOOOOOOOOOOOO THIS CANNOT BE I MUST RESIST AND BE SATISFIED WITH MY Q10 UNTIL IT ROTS !
    Okay I feel better :
    -A good article on zen habits "how to throw off the chains of consumerism"
    -Another excellent article on a website about becoming minimalist "10 reasons to escape excessive consumerism"

2nd EDIT:
    The only reason I gave up my bold 9900 is because it was not fully supported by my new carrier and I didn't like the fact that you had to pay extra money for BIS
    I can now peacefully die with the Q10 because:
    -the call quality is excellent (no subtle static noise)
    -it sends text messages perfectly
    -the image quality of the camera (which is a bonus in my book) is satisfying
    -I actually don't use the browser much
    -I get my emails instantly and don't have to pay extra money for the service
    -I don't even use voice commands or BBM video chat.
    -Bluetooth/NFC/Wi-fi direct protocols will not die tomorrow and I barely use them.
    -My phone lasts more than 1 day and I carry a spare battery with me just in case.
    -Even though we have virtual keyboards with swipe motions nowadays, I still prefer that old school lovely physical keyboard
    -I've got enough entertainment: crackle/NFB/sudoku/slacker radio/rad.io/CrackBerry/FasTube/TunnelX/Song of Swords....matter of fact got too much entertainment
    -Even though I think Docs To Go is very practical, I've been warned to not come with documents on my phone anymore on meetings
    I've come to the realization that I'm SPOILED with my Q10(/hurray)
    People (like bbnrs) who think the Q10 will be like the new classic model of BlackBerry in a couple of years might be right
    Being satisfied with what you have is so cool
    I'M HAPPY \(^o^)/

3rd EDIT:
    Dear Q10,
    I'm sorry if I've looked upon other BlackBerry devices or even thought about cheating on you with potential devices that John Chen could release in the future. I promise now and forever to be faithful to you only and love you until death or circuits failures do us part
    Last edited by Ohnoesfb Lolok; 01-22-15 at 02:42 PM.
    SaveurBlackBerry and trithong like this.
    01-22-15 12:14 PM
124 1234 ...