Why I prefer the Q10 over the Classic & Passport-ncx4ksb.png

-I love the smallest BB phone possible (so the Passport is already out but I have more to say)
    -I bought the Q10 portable charger w/ spare battery just so I don't EVER HAVE TO PLUG MY PHONE and it's awesome. When the battery is 10% or less I just swap the battery
    So I have like 2 x 2100 mAh = 4200mAh > 3450 mAh (Passport) > 2515 mAh (Classic)
    -Even if my charger port was broken (and that's not impossible it happened on my old Nexus phone before), my Q10 will work
    -Trackpad could stop working (it happened before with the Bold 9900 for some simply google bold 9900 trackpad not working/responding to see what I'm talking about. Nothing tells me this couldn't happen on the classic)
    -With years when your battery life will decrease on your Passport/Classic, you'll be stuck with it. I'm the type of guy that keeps his phone until it's dead
    -Hate to have to look at associated keys on the Passport
    -Troublesome to see pixels on the Classic when the screen is close to you especially if you sleep with your phone at night
    -Love the glass weave back of my Q10
    -Love the bezel made of black 304 stainless steel that gives a sexy & stealthy professional look
    -Even though we don't have a trackpad on the Q10 no biggie just hold Shift key and voila for text editing
    -End Call key doesn't work on Classic when the device's locked to end a call, the device must be unlocked first so I can live with pressing the virtual end call button on my Q10 in that case
    -The trackpad is not supported by emulated Android apps which is understandable but not an issue for us Q10 users
    If only there would be an option/third party app to allow space bar to answer call the Q10 would be more than perfect (especially when you receive a call you've been waiting for while you're in the shower and your moist fingers give you trouble answering quick)
    -Being able to pick up/hang up when using a holster which makes dedicated pick up/hang up keys optional
    -Using the Q10 with a single hand (good luck doing that on the Passport )
    -Love the silver strip that rests on top of key rows that gives a high-class look
    -Love the rounded edges
    -Easy to insert/remove SIM & SD cards
    -The weight is perfect
    -Solid device (dropped mine a couple of times and it still looks brand new)
    Last edited by Ohnoesfb Lolok; 01-30-15 at 02:49 PM. Reason: more things I like about the Q10
    Sime0n_S, bbnrs, nabher and 30 others like this.
    01-06-15 08:52 AM
    Thank you for the tip, I didn know that holding shift will make me be able to slide through text

Posted via CB10
    Ohnoesfb Lolok likes this.
    01-06-15 09:51 AM
    Thank you for the tip, I didn know that holding shift will make me be able to slide through text

Posted via CB10
    You're very welcome

If only there would be an option/third party app to allow space bar to answer call the Q10 would be more than perfect (especially when you receive a call you've been waiting for while you're in the shower and your moist fingers give you trouble answering quick)
    To request/suggest a new idea or feature, we must put it on icanmakeitbetter. I'm not the only one thinking about this. This feature would benefit to Q5/Q10/Passport users. To promote an idea it must get many votes through icanmakeitbetter so the dev team will consider it.

Probably due to the launch of the classic the idea was removed (which is unacceptable)
    We were encouraged to vote for it there: supportforums_dot_blackberry_dot_com/t5/BlackBerry-Q10/Accept-call-with-keyboard/td-p/2441833/page/2

But blackberry_dot_icanmakeitbetter_dot_com/nextgen/ideas/q10-users-answer-a-phonecall-with-a-key?order=created_at is no longer there because they know there would be tons of votes and didn't want to bother implementing the feature with the launch of the Classic.
    Still, it would be awesome and it's feasible

This is my 2nd post so I had to write the links in a ghetto way >.<
    s2 fan, ST ST, ReneV and 1 others like this.
    01-06-15 10:35 AM
    wait... so you actually bought both the passport and classic and gave them a try or are you speculating

Posted via CB10
    01-06-15 11:10 AM
    I love the Q10 I can work my business so well with this little device!

Posted from my Fabulous Q10
    01-06-15 11:30 AM
    wait... so you actually bought both the passport and classic and gave them a try or are you speculating

Posted via CB10
    -For the Passport tried it & prefer the size of my Q10 (just like Marthaelisa17) but that's subjective. Same thing with me preferring to combine ALT + key instead of associated keys. I respect the preferences of others but I've entitled this topic why I prefer
    -For what I said about pixels, check AgentJucey's BlackBerry Classic vs BlackBerry Q10 video published on YouTube a week ago

I only own the Q10
    Last edited by Ohnoesfb Lolok; 01-06-15 at 12:35 PM.
    Velocitymj likes this.
    01-06-15 11:32 AM
    That shift key tip is banging! Cheers pal. What I would really like is a keyboard shortcut for Paste. I really feel it would make typing more intuitive.

Posted via CB10
    Ohnoesfb Lolok likes this.
    01-06-15 12:40 PM
    What I would really like is a keyboard shortcut for Paste. I really feel it would make typing more intuitive.

Posted via CB10
    +1 for copy/cut/paste shortcuts that would be awesome
    01-06-15 12:50 PM
    Check out this earlier post (and thread) if you want to see (and read) more about editing with the Q10.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...l#post10356215

Coming from the Bold 9900, I occasionally miss the trackpad for text selection, but I've now got used to the Q10 and don't feel much need to go back to the trackpad or buy a Classic. Other than the toolbar there's just not enough of a difference between the Q10 and Classic to merit the jump. Personally I'd rather wait for the next Q10 development - version 2, with a touch-sensitive keyboard like that on the Passport. If that doesn't appear I'll wait for the next Classic - version 2; with hopefully upgraded specs, including a removable battery.
    01-06-15 01:38 PM
    mushroom_daddy I your thinking
    mushroom_daddy and stickville like this.
    01-06-15 01:40 PM
    Just thought I will ask some fellow Q10 lovers. Is there anyway to make the phone go into just phone calls mode?. That is switch off mobile data, switch off wifi and go to hibernate while allowing phone calls only? I can make that in sound profiles but thats just the notifications, not actually switching off data.
    01-06-15 02:32 PM
    Just thought I will ask some fellow Q10 lovers. Is there anyway to make the phone go into just phone calls mode?. That is switch off mobile data, switch off wifi and go to hibernate while allowing phone calls only? I can make that in sound profiles but thats just the notifications, not actually switching off data.
    I believe if you go into settings>network and connections>mobile network>you should see a button for "data services" which you can toggle on/off.
    01-06-15 02:49 PM
    Is there anyway to make the phone go into just phone calls mode?. That is switch off mobile data, switch off wifi and go to hibernate while allowing phone calls only
    Try the following ...

System Settings>Network & Connections>Mobile Network> set 'Data Services' to OFF
    this should set your mobile to voice calls only (it does for me)

You can also switch off all wifi connections
    System Settings>Network & Connections>Wi-Fi> turn Wi-Fi to OFF
    chaihg likes this.
    01-06-15 02:50 PM
    Alright so there is no one button solution to this?. Will need to go to two places instead of pull down tab and automatically get into this mode with a shortcut

Posted via CB10
    01-06-15 03:45 PM
    They are in the same place. You can pull down quick settings, long press on 'mobile settings' and the wifi and mobile data switches are there.

Posted via CB10
    chaihg likes this.
    01-06-15 04:24 PM
    -I love the smallest BB phone possible (so the Passport is already out but I have more to say)
    -I bought the Q10 portable charger w/ spare battery just so I don't EVER HAVE TO PLUG MY PHONE and it's awesome. When the battery is 10% or less I just swap the battery
    So I have like 2 x 2100 mAh = 4200mAh > 3450 mAh (Passport) > 2515 mAh (Classic)
    -Even if my charger port was broken (and that's not impossible it happened on my old Nexus phone before), my Q10 will work
    -Trackpad could stop working (it happened before with the Bold 9900 for some. Nothing tells me this couldn't happen on the classic)
    -With years when your battery life will decrease on your Passport/Classic, you'll be stuck with it. I'm the type of guy that keeps his phone until it's dead
    -Troublesome to see pixels on the Classic when the screen is close to you especially if you sleep with your phone at night
    -Love the back of my Q10
    -Love the black metal bezel
    -Even though we don't have a trackpad on the Q10 no biggie just hold Shift key and voila for text editing
    -End Call key doesn't work on Classic when the device's locked to end a call, the device must be unlocked first so I can live with pressing the virtual end call button on my Q10 in that case
    -The trackpad is not supported by emulated Android apps which is understandable but not an issue for us Q10 users
    great post

i too prefer the look and feel of the Q10.
    it looks premium and feels great in the hand. the glass weave back looks brilliant and in the hand feels premium.

i use the Q10 primarily for calls, texting + bb hub for all notifications and an iPhone 5s for all multimedia (with a data sim).

only have the standard battery and use a 2200 mAh generic external battery (a 2013 client Xmas gift) for emergencies.
    01-07-15 12:25 AM
    My Q10 experience is now perfect. I've received this yesterday (bought it for 14 bucks on blueshop_dot_ca):
    Why I prefer the Q10 over the Classic &amp; Passport-ndahdxn.png
    In Phone>Settings>Holster I've activated the following options:
    -answer a call by removing device from Holster
    -end call by putting the device back

I cannot express how happy I am.
    The official BB leather pocket feels great, the Q10 fits perfectly, you see the notification led, it automatically locks/unlocks your baby it's just WONDERFUL. The quality is good and the Q10 is sexy in it. I don't need dedicated keys anymore to answer/hang-up. I don't envy BB Classic owners at all

I'M SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HAPPPPPPPPPPYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Some people like to check who's calling before answering but this ain't an issue for us BB users with our rich set of customization for receiving calls (led color, ringtone, vibration). Whenever gf calls me and I see that pink led and hear that ringtone that'll get my attention and feel the vibration I know I have to pickup

Why I prefer the Q10 over the Classic &amp; Passport-tnjilyl.jpg
    Last edited by Ohnoesfb Lolok; 01-07-15 at 10:47 AM.
    mushroom_daddy likes this.
    01-07-15 07:12 AM
    Whenever gf calls me and I see that pink led and hear that ringtone that'll get my attention and feel the vibration I know I have to pickup
    How do you get coloured LED's on your Q10? Are you on 10.3?
    On my Q10 (10.2) I have tried several apps to achieve this (eg PowerTools, BeeBuzz) but have never had much success.

Agreed, the BlackBerry holster is a great case, affords good protection to the screen etc. but pull the Q10 out to use it and you get all the joy of working the device 'naked' with no flappy, floppy, rubber, or gel case getting in the way!

Posted via CB10
    01-07-15 02:24 PM
    i gotta say, i loved my q10. but the screen is just TOO small.. its so uncomfortable.. so i'm thinking the slight increase w/ the classic would be welcome update.
    in addition, the q10 is sooo slow. i have to say, going from z30 to q10 was noticeable. same os, same apps, everything.. the q10 is just laggy compared to the z30. i wish BB would at least put z30 specs in the classic. i think that was a very dumb move by BB. yes, its made for older bold owners, yes, it's faster than their bold.. but the classic wasnt made in 2012. it was made in 14-15. plus, bb has better specs in their z30. why take a step back? grrr..
    Avenzuno likes this.
    01-07-15 02:32 PM
    How do you get coloured LED's on your Q10? Are you on 10.3?
    Posted via CB10
    Yep I'm using leaked OS
    01-07-15 02:45 PM
    i gotta say, i loved my q10. but the screen is just TOO small..
    in my case I miss the size of the Bold 9900
    01-07-15 02:47 PM
    Thanks for the tip about the holster for answering and ending calls. I don't have the holster, I have the Blackberry flip case and it works on that to - awesome!

No more double typing...
    01-07-15 04:53 PM
    -Trackpad could stop working (it happened before with the Bold 9900 for some. Nothing tells me this couldn't happen on the classic)
    -Love the back of my Q10
    -Love the black metal bezel
    Yeahhhh!!
    Just like me!! I LOVE THE Q10!!!
    Btw: I use the leather pouch to end a call

Posted via Q10Bold
    01-07-15 05:04 PM
    i gotta say, i loved my q10. but the screen is just TOO small.. its so uncomfortable.. so i'm thinking the slight increase w/ the classic would be welcome update.
    in addition, the q10 is sooo slow. i have to say, going from z30 to q10 was noticeable. same os, same apps, everything.. the q10 is just laggy compared to the z30. i wish BB would at least put z30 specs in the classic. i think that was a very dumb move by BB. yes, its made for older bold owners, yes, it's faster than their bold.. but the classic wasnt made in 2012. it was made in 14-15. plus, bb has better specs in their z30. why take a step back? grrr..
    Hmmm I dont feel so! I got the Z30 and Q10 and I see no difference in lag or something!!
    I love both phones- but the Q10 is my KING!!

Posted via Q10Bold
    Ohnoesfb Lolok, bbnrs and Mrluky like this.
    01-07-15 05:06 PM
    Thanks for the Shift key tip. Haven't seen it mentioned anywhere before (or maybe I missed reading about it).

CB10 @ Q5
    01-07-15 05:07 PM
124 123 ...