hello crackberry users recently i faced an issue and still haven't found a way to fix it! after a restart my blackberry Q10 sensors stopped all of them i tried a restart security wipe downgrade then update software using blackberry link and autoloaders nothing seems to work honestly it's frustrating me and i can't live without light in my keyboard can anybody help me
    i would be thankful to share with me your experiences and thoughts
    11-06-14 02:14 PM
    Download BBVE from Blackberry World and run ALL tests.
    11-06-14 02:39 PM
    Interesting. Did it fall/ did water fall on it?
    Like the above poster, BBVE then test the sensor. It will let you know if it's broken.
    11-06-14 02:52 PM
    thanks guys for the rply and i don't think that water fell on it. second BBVE keeps giving me in the sensor test unavailable for all sensors
    11-06-14 03:01 PM
    Interesting.
    You might have to just open up the phone(and void warranty) and reattach the connectors yourself.
    If you bought the phone from a carrier, you might have to get it replaced.
    11-06-14 03:05 PM
    I had this problem. I can't remember exactly what I had to do but I'm thinking it could have been an app open in the background. Maybe a bug in an app that causes the issue. Could be anything.

Posted via unlocked PASSPORT
    11-07-14 08:58 PM
    My proximity sensor and light sensor busted. I will be getting them replaced. You might need to get that as well. You can surely get it checked, maybe due to dust or loose cables, those sensors stopped.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-14 11:25 PM
    suddenly after a restart they stopped working i tried many things thought it could be a software issue but now i don't think so! i will get them checked soon... hope i can solve this problem
    11-11-14 05:32 PM
    the last app i installed before the issue started was navfree it's an offline navigation app i think it caused this whole thing but the problem is nothing have changed after a wipe or reloading a software!
    11-11-14 05:36 PM
    My sensors got fixed by themselves

Posted via CB10
    11-15-14 08:55 AM
    My sensors got fixed by themselves
    Which phone do you have ? With which release ? Type just "myver" without the quotes to answer
    11-15-14 09:19 AM
    Myver Q10. My sensors stopped working when i was using official release 10.2.1.3295(something like that)
    Then i installed leaks once sensors were damaged, downgraded upgraded and it didnt work.
    Today out of no where it started working. Both proximity and light. I am using 10.3.1.1016

Posted via CB10
    11-15-14 11:31 AM
    And it was good while lasted. Sensors not working again.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-14 03:59 AM
    And it was good while lasted. Sensors not working again.
    Did you use BlackBerry Virtual Expert (BBVE) to test them ?
    11-16-14 10:02 AM
    Did you use BlackBerry Virtual Expert (BBVE) to test them ?
    Yes. Yesterday it worked. I know what's wrong. I tested this theory. It could be sim issue or where sim is put
    Yesterday i put my sim in nokia X. Later put it back and i didnt realise but my sensors started working. I realised during a call. Today in afternoon again sensors stopped. I removed battery and cleaned sim but it didnt work. I put the sim in nokia X and later put in my Q10 and boom! Sensors working again.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-14 11:42 AM
    Today in afternoon again sensors stopped. I removed battery and cleaned sim but it didnt work. I put the sim in nokia X and later put in my Q10 and boom! Sensors working again.
    The only link I see is that you open the cover and probably clamp a small gap somewhere by introducing the SIM card and putting back the cover. I bet there is a loose connection near your light/proximity sensor.
    11-16-14 11:58 AM
    The only link I see is that you open the cover and probably clamp a small gap somewhere by introducing the SIM card and putting back the cover. I bet there is a loose connection near your light/proximity sensor.
    Andddd sensors stopped. I removed sim and put it back ( didnt put it in other phone) and it didnt work.
    Either its removing battery for 5-10 mins or its something with sim. Will get a new sim tomorrow to check it

Posted via CB10
    11-16-14 12:07 PM
    Posted via CB10
    11-16-14 12:31 PM
    I'm had that issue with my Q (late in its life). Running BBVE temporarily remedied the issue although it eventually returned. I really have no idea why it occurs, Luckily I switched to a Passport and no longer have that issue.

Hope you find a solution.

Posted Securely Via BlackBerry Passport.
    11-16-14 12:34 PM