GUYS! RIM mentioned more BB10 phones not just the Z10 & N-Series!
    01-16-13 06:32 AM
    I was a big fan of the TK Justice I must say.
    At any rate, didn't someone say there were going to be "at least six" BB10 devices coming? If you want a qwerty and the new school Bold doesn't cut it there will surely, out of six plus, be more than just this one with a keyboard and a design that you could manage to be satisfied with, though some are never satisfied and even God let alone RIM won't be overcoming that issue anytime soon.
    Eh, that isn't the point. Aren't we all fans of things that don't exist? That is why all guys want to have superpowers or girls want to have bodies that aren't attainable.

Anyway, there will most likely be 2 or 3 strong phones and then 3 weaker, entry level phones.
    Mecca EL and VanMtl like this.
    01-16-13 10:28 AM
    Its not much longer to see what RIM will be rolling out and I am a BB Bold 9930 owner and love it. I may go to the new no keyboard version, time will tell. All I know is im staying with BB and excited about BB10!
    cardno4 likes this.
    01-16-13 11:00 AM
    OP you really believe the leaking N pictures are final? They are Dev Cs. Like A and B before it. Don't even worry, back material will be different.

http://forums.crackberry.com/attachm...139.905913.jpg

Also I like the the look of the Dev front, but damn this is dope.
    Screen ratio is wrong though, needs to be square [hence i added one]
    Attached Thumbnails Why the f this ugly POS over the Tk Victory-blackberry-trapezoidal-keyboard.jpg  
    01-17-13 06:00 AM
    01-18-13 03:22 AM
    The fact that RIM is still testing keyboard prototypes this late in the game proves that the N-Series device won't be out until at the very least March, and at most, June. March is also when the supposed 5 in. S4 will be out. It's pretty safe to assume that the only ones buying BB's will be the loyalists, the core of which are us QWERTY users. Those of you that have switched to iPhones from BB's and coming back don't count in this, but those that are completely happy with their iPhones (the majority), and Androids WON'T be switching over. It's just NOT happening. So yeah, we're being shafted up the azz.
    01-18-13 06:50 AM
    The fact that RIM is still testing keyboard prototypes this late in the game proves that the N-Series device won't be out until at the very least March, and at most, June. March is also when the supposed 5 in. S4 will be out. It's pretty safe to assume that the only ones buying BB's will be the loyalists, the core of which are us QWERTY users. Those of you that have switched to iPhones from BB's and coming back don't count in this, but those that are completely happy with their iPhones (the majority), and Androids WON'T be switching over. It's just NOT happening. So yeah, we're being shafted up the azz.
    I think this may be incorrect. What are we seeing these leaked pictures of if the dev models arnt out yet? These have to be dev models
    01-18-13 07:00 AM
    Folks don't we know that the screen will be square. The only way to get more screen space is to make the device wider. So the looks of the device is irrelevant. What is relevant is the size of the square screen. Device should be as thin as the Z10 and be at least 71 mm wide.
    01-18-13 09:20 AM
    Those who think that what we are seeing is the Dev C and that the real device will be much bigger are probably wrong. Why would you issue a Dev device with a different screen size than the future device? If you are happy with the current BB9900 you will probably like the X10 ... but why wait, buy the BB9900 at a lower price point ( after Jan 30th) .
    01-18-13 09:30 AM
    I think this may be incorrect. What are we seeing these leaked pictures of if the dev models arnt out yet? These have to be dev models
    Think about what is going to be more common within rim, the dev alpha or the actual qwerty device and also which of those is more likely to have multiple revisions (seen two different backs on the leaks). The logical answer to both questions is the actual hardware, meaning that the leaked pics are almost certainly the real device.
    01-18-13 10:22 AM
    RIM Developers Still Waiting for BB10 Keyboard Prototypes - Businessweek
    The post says they dont even have the prototype yet. You say it is the real device? I dont know what we are seeing but the post is wrong then as I said before.
    01-18-13 11:18 AM
    Folks don't we know that the screen will be square. The only way to get more screen space is to make the device wider. So the looks of the device is irrelevant. What is relevant is the size of the square screen. Device should be as thin as the Z10 and be at least 71 mm wide.
    Or just make it a slider. Proper screen, proper keyboard. Us 9800 owners have known this for a couple of years now
    Mecca EL likes this.
    01-18-13 12:37 PM
    RIM Developers Still Waiting for BB10 Keyboard Prototypes - Businessweek
    The post says they dont even have the prototype yet. You say it is the real device? I dont know what we are seeing but the post is wrong then as I said before.
    There being leaks and no 3rd party devs yet having access to dev alpha c devices yet adds further weight to my point that a device that has been leaked in two distinct revisions so far is actually the real qwerty device and if they are only a month or so from release and a fortnight from demoing it, I would suspect the one where we saw the weave-pattern on the back might even have been near-final or even final hardware since it is again clearly inspired by the similar pattern on the battery cover of the 9900.
    01-18-13 02:11 PM
    Or just make it a slider. Proper screen, proper keyboard. Us 9800 owners have known this for a couple of years now
    Slight drawback, you 98xx owners are vastly outnumbered by 9900 owners and to counter your cries of proper screen and proper keyboard I would reply heavier, bulkier device and inferior to 9900 keyboard.
    austriker likes this.
    01-18-13 02:13 PM
    I think so too, What we are seeing is what people will soon be getting.
    01-18-13 02:15 PM
    Slight drawback, you 98xx owners are vastly outnumbered by 9900 owners and to counter your cries of proper screen and proper keyboard I would reply heavier, bulkier device and inferior to 9900 keyboard.
    True I think the 9900 has a better keyboard then my 9810, but I still prefer the form factor of the 9810
    01-18-13 02:17 PM
    True I think the 9900 has a better keyboard then my 9810, but I still prefer the form factor of the 9810
    Hopefully bb10 devices will sell well enough that there is enough of a market for a wider range of form factors so that every niche can be filled as the rim juggernaught crushes everything in its path.
    Mecca EL and Ray III like this.
    01-18-13 02:54 PM
    It's pretty safe to assume that the only ones buying BB's will be the loyalists, the core of which are us QWERTY users. Those of you that have switched to iPhones from BB's and coming back don't count in this, but those that are completely happy with their iPhones (the majority), and Androids WON'T be switching over. It's just NOT happening. So yeah, we're being shafted up the azz.
    I don't think you are right. There's plenty of people out there who went with an iPhone or Android because their upgrade was up and there was no significant movements coming from RIM. The past 18ish months have been an exercise in frustration and disappointment. That doesn't mean that those guys aren't coming back. There's plenty of people on these forums who roll other companies devices but are still here because, even though they are satisfied with their device they are into BB. Unless you go in feeling very hostile, then you'll be reasonably satisfied with ANY reasonably high end modern smartphone, of course you will. They don't shift a lot of devices by being bad.
    01-18-13 06:26 PM
    I don't think you are right. There's plenty of people out there who went with an iPhone or Android because their upgrade was up and there was no significant movements coming from RIM. The past 18ish months have been an exercise in frustration and disappointment. That doesn't mean that those guys aren't coming back. There's plenty of people on these forums who roll other companies devices but are still here because, even though they are satisfied with their device they are into BB. Unless you go in feeling very hostile, then you'll be reasonably satisfied with ANY reasonably high end modern smartphone, of course you will. They don't shift a lot of devices by being bad.
    Well said and I agree. I have all three platforms and still looking forward to new BlackBerries for me and my wife.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    01-18-13 06:39 PM
    I should clarify, the back material is going to change. Still say those are Dev C's, even if devs don't have them.
    However the size and front look final.

This looks bad?
    Why the f this ugly POS over the Tk Victory-blackberry_x10_leak_wide.png
    01-19-13 08:02 AM
    I should clarify, the back material is going to change. Still say those are Dev C's, even if devs don't have them.

This looks bad?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BlackBerry_X10_Leak_Wide.png 
Views:	130 
Size:	360.0 KB 
ID:	131811
    Well it doesnt look like a phone people should be waiting almost 2 years for , does it?
    01-19-13 08:33 AM
    its going to be a great phone!! you are getting 90% of the iphone 4/4S screen with the world class blackberry keyboard. im a 9900 user and will have no problem with the straight keyboard . this phone will bring the heat!!!!!!
    01-19-13 08:41 AM
    It is still not clear to me that the bottom area of the screen that contains the camera button the phone button and the virtual track pad is part of the usable browser space. If not, then the usable screen size is the same as the current 9900. At any rate I would expect even a sharper image and faster browser speeds , a front camera and a better rear camera and a longer battery life.
    Battery life in a business phone is a key feature, so it had better last all day for the busy user.

I guess I will have to try out both the X10 and the Z10 to see if I value the keyboard over screen space.

The X10 could have been wider. The Z10 will be 129mm X 66mm , the Samsung S3 is 137mm x 71mm and the current 9900 is 115 mm X 66mm . I would prefer the X10 to be 120mm x 71 mm. I agree not much bigger but when the screen is small vs the competition you have to try harder. Anyway, I presume that RIM thinks 66 mm is the sweet spot for smartphone width.
    Last edited by Bbnivende; 01-19-13 at 11:31 AM.
    01-19-13 09:32 AM
    That's true. I remember everyone hated the z10. They said it was ugly..just a plain slab. As soon as the high resolution pics came out it was like it was a completely different phone and everyone loves it now.
    I've said it time and time again, as soon as high resolution glamour shots of the X10 appear you all will be praising it as a gorgeous device. The exact same thing happened with the Z10.
    austriker likes this.
    01-19-13 09:57 AM

This looks bad?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BlackBerry_X10_Leak_Wide.png 
Views:	130 
Size:	360.0 KB 
ID:	131811
    The only real part of that dev phone is the screen, the rest won't see a consumers hand, only a developers hand. RIM is hiding this thing better then I've ever seen before, and we'll see it on January 30th.
    01-19-13 10:27 AM
101 12345