I get that RIM is going for the enterprise market/more business but then why complain when consumers don't want it?

The tk victory on looks alone would have made every Isheep go to a pawnshop and then run to wherever they could find it.

Instead, we have this ugly POS that looks like a bold 9900 but with a back that looks like an old lady's back done in vinyl.

WTF?

Rim better surprise me, I'm looking towards the Z10 otherwise just waiting until I can't tolerate the 9810's slowness anymore and will probably grab the Xperia Z or if long enough an Intel Soc phone if they catch up to ARM.

Sony seems to be coming back as the 'sexy'. They were like that many years ago, around the time RIM was too, maybe things come together?
    01-09-13 01:16 AM
    That ain't final build...
    #BB10Believe
    houshinto#IM likes this.
    01-09-13 01:50 AM
    #BB10Believe
    keep believing that.
    01-09-13 02:16 AM
    #BB10Believe
    Still the same concept, they could make the back out of platinum (or gold..) for all I care; the body design is still the same unless they have something seriously dif. in hiding.

Someone suggested the aristo (a quad) is the real launch device and the z10/l-series have been dev. units doesn't make any sense but ok..

I was gonna jump ship in dec. to the note 2 but it wasn't worth the hassle.
    01-09-13 02:25 AM
    Still the same concept, they could make the back out of platinum (or gold..) for all I care; the body design is still the same unless they have something seriously dif. in hiding.

Someone suggested the aristo (a quad) is the real launch device and the z10/l-series have been dev. units doesn't make any sense but ok..

I was gonna jump ship in dec. to the note 2 but it wasn't worth the hassle.
    If you guys don't like it, don't buy it.
    RIM isn't holding a gun to your head making you buy it.
    All I will say is that RIM MIGHT have a few tricks up their sleeves by launch.
    mark37724, Snap51, JAGWIRE and 6 others like this.
    01-09-13 06:15 AM
    The TK Victory was someone's wet dream that had the ability to make something up. People who set themselves up on someone else's dream are bound to be perpetually disappointed when faced with reality. It's like you saw the concept car at an auto show and whine that the final version doesn't fit your dream. It's life, get used to it.
    01-09-13 06:22 AM
    The TK Victory was someone's wet dream that had the ability to make something up. People who set themselves up on someone else's dream are bound to be perpetually disappointed when faced with reality. It's like you saw the concept car at an auto show and whine that the final version doesn't fit your dream. It's life, get used to it.
    While the features/specifications of the TK Victory might have been from a gadget-nerd's wet dreams, the basic design/shape of it (aside from thinness) is more than possible. I'm mainly speaking about the size of the screen. I've thought long and hard about it, handled many devices of different sizes and I've come to the conclusion that BlackBerry going with the exact same size device as the 9900 for the N-Series was an easy cop-out. There's no reason they couldn't have made it with a 3.5" screen.
    Last edited by Plazmic Flame; 01-12-13 at 09:25 AM.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    01-12-13 09:07 AM
    While I'm sure appearence is of paramount concern to you and others, optimal functionability remains the priorty to serious users. Granted, I may be reluctant if it came in hot pink, I am quite certain that RIM's focus was engineering a phone that a strong amount of criteria prior to the "lipstick and makeup" concerns. By all means, go out and get something frilly & pretty and hopefully you'll be happy with it.
    01-12-13 09:20 AM
    While the features/specifications of the TK Victory might have been from a gadget-nerd's wet dreams, the basic design/shape of it (aside from thinness) is more than possible. I'm mainly speaking about the size of the screen. I've thought long and hard about it, handled many devices of different sizes and I've come to the conclusion that BlackBerry going with the exact same size device as the 9900 for the N-Series was an easy cop-out. There's no reason they couldn't have made it have a 3.5" screen.
    .......interesting comments. I don't have a 9900, but, I've talked to a few friends that have one- not on forums at all, that are saying the same thing. So, we'll see in a few weeks.
    01-12-13 09:28 AM
    I agree I live and die by the qwerty but this looks miserable. Looks like a hack job 99x0 which is a sweet phone but not awesome. The z10 looks awesome but I live by the qwerty but maybe I'll pony up for it. Also all those concepts by the guy who made the tk victory are amazing, I would buy them so fast
    01-12-13 09:35 AM
    While the features/specifications of the TK Victory might have been from a gadget-nerd's wet dreams, the basic design/shape of it (aside from thinness) is more than possible. I'm mainly speaking about the size of the screen. I've thought long and hard about it, handled many devices of different sizes and I've come to the conclusion that BlackBerry going with the exact same size device as the 9900 for the N-Series was an easy cop-out. There's no reason they couldn't have made it with a 3.5" screen.
    However, the individual was expressing their dream , not the manufacturer's reality. It is theoretically possible to travel to Uranus on a unicorn-shaped rocketship, but that probably isn't on NASA's design agenda. Cool looking concepts aside, it is up to the producer to make a product. If the market isn't interested in what they produce, they will speak loud and clear, and vote with their wallet. And since by most reports we haven't seen the actual final hardware yet, the saga is not complete.
    01-12-13 09:43 AM
    I've said it time and time again, as soon as high resolution glamour shots of the X10 appear you all will be praising it as a gorgeous device. The exact same thing happened with the Z10.
    spike12 and jesse_h like this.
    01-12-13 11:48 AM
    I've said it time and time again, as soon as high resolution glamour shots of the X10 appear you all will be praising it as a gorgeous device. The exact same thing happened with the Z10.
    Nope, some are so hooked on unrealistic concept drawings that they spit their dummy at anything else that gets shown.
    01-12-13 12:14 PM
    While a shape might be possible, if you are actually making a device you tend to have to consider whether or not a device would be good to use in a certain shape, a taller screen is going to tend to make a device a bit on the top-heavy side making it less comfortable to type on while the increase in screen real estate would still be fairly marginal.

The reality is that the n-series is clearly meant to be a data-entry workhorse of a device and as such compromises will have to be made to ensure that nothing gets in the way of that because otherwise people might as well just go for the l-series instead. Rather than trying to eke out a little less device thickness or a tiny bit more screen, I would hope that Rim looked at the kind of things that would enhance the use-case of this device, so that would potentially mean making it thicker than a 9900 or an l-series to allow a bigger battery or something along those lines because each of these devices have to try and be as ideal as possible for the target audience and not people just looking at pictures on websites.
    Jake Storm, grover5 and Cesare21 like this.
    01-12-13 12:23 PM
    I loved the design of the Enterprise E, but darn it, Virgin Galactic are going with some crappy design for their spaceships...

And as far as this: "going with the exact same size device as the 9900 for the N-Series" is concerned, I'm pretty sure they're NOT the same size. The X10 having a larger screen cannot possibly be the "same size" as the 9900 series.

Si.
    01-12-13 01:16 PM
    And as far as this: "going with the exact same size device as the 9900 for the N-Series" is concerned, I'm pretty sure they're NOT the same size. The X10 having a larger screen cannot possibly be the "same size" as the 9900 series.
    It should be very close to size of the 9900, most of the increased screen size is due to the removal of the trackpad line.
    01-12-13 01:50 PM
    From the images i saw that back looks like carbon fiber
    01-12-13 02:16 PM
    Tk Victory is ugly.

This is way better looking.

Mecca EL likes this.
    01-12-13 06:53 PM
    Not sure I like the keyboard on that design very much and at the end of the day that is what a qwerty blackberry lives or dies on.
    01-12-13 07:03 PM
    Tk Victory is ugly. This is way better looking. http://n4bb.com/wp-content/uploads/2...l-keyboard.jpg
    It better than what leaked as RIM keyboard BB. give a trackpad for better precision.
    01-12-13 11:46 PM
    Tk victory this tk victory that, eish..... U people should just calm down.... Wait till dey release the x10 ..if u dont like it dont buy it......if u do like me buy it and enjoy.......
    01-13-13 02:01 AM
    Uh, TK Justice is better?
    01-13-13 02:32 AM
    Uh, TK Justice is better?
    Agreed.

Tk Victory is ugly.

This is way better looking.

http://n4bb.com/wp-content/uploads/2...l-keyboard.jpg
    While I can't argue that the device looks better than the TK Victory, that keyboard in reality looks like it would be a pain to use.
    austriker, BergerKing and Mecca EL like this.
    01-13-13 09:55 AM
    Too high, the balance looks hopelessly wrong unless all the battery is behind the keyboard. Everyone forgets, it is easy to make a concept rendering when real world parts don't have to fit into the case - and work.
    01-13-13 11:21 AM
    Is the TK Justice a real future model?

I think this TK Victory is pretty awesome. I am a big fan of my 9930 and for some time thought if they lost the bottom bezel and the trackpad and call buttons they could utilize more screen real estate

The fact this TK Victory has done that and made the phone a little taller, thus even more screen and keeping the great looking keypad. It would be hard for me to ditch that vs the all screen model.
    01-13-13 11:47 AM
101 123 ...