Is there hardware differences to warrant a bigger battery size? Seems to me rim should have put the bigger battery in the z10 lol

I read there is one variant of z10 that has a different processor than the rest (this one is omap processor not the snap dragon) is this the case with q10 as well?

Sorry if these were already answered somewhere and u missed it...

Posted via CB10
    02-20-13 08:23 PM
    Probably because the Q10 has more space the battery can take up.

Maybe it can "hide" more under the keyboard?

I don't really know though.
    s2by10 likes this.
    02-20-13 08:31 PM
    Q10 basically has more room under the hood for a bigger battery. Not sure about the processor spec's on the q10

Posted via CB10
    02-20-13 08:31 PM
    Q10 is going to be that workhorse BlackBerry.

Sent from  using Tapatalk
    spike12, MXBerry, Ben1232 and 4 others like this.
    02-20-13 08:33 PM
    It'll have LTE as well right?
    Yeah I looked at some pics and it seems like there is more room cuz its thicker I guess.

Reminds me of the 9780 I had that would last for days haha

Posted via CB10
    s2by10 likes this.
    02-20-13 08:42 PM
    I hope that in future, there will be accessories that will change the back cover of the z10 to allow for a bigger batteries

Posted via CB10
    02-20-13 08:44 PM
    It's simple, they went with design over battery life on the Z10. They could've gone slightly thicker with a 2100 mAH battery.

The Aristo (codename) is rumored to have a 2800 mAh battery which should be on par with most smartphones today but I'm hoping it has a 3300 mAh to be on par with the Razr Maxx HD.
    02-20-13 09:16 PM
    With a bigger battery will this translate to better battery life? If so, is there any data out there as to how long the Q10 will run?
    02-20-13 09:38 PM
    No data yet that's made available.

Remember that the Z10 design was finalized almost a year before the Q10.

Anyway, with the larger battery plus smaller screen, plus that screen being LED lit, the Q10 should have a noticeably longer battery life than the Z10.

Posted via CB10
    NewPreKnox likes this.
    02-21-13 12:35 AM
    I'm thoroughly going to enjoy the better battery life of the Q10 over the Z10. Can't wait!
    02-21-13 12:45 AM
    Yeahh!!!! So glad to hear about the larger battery for the Q10!!!! Q10 is gonna be a game-changer
    02-21-13 01:44 AM
    I hope that in future, there will be accessories that will change the back cover of the z10 to allow for a bigger batteries
    Posted via CB10
    I hope so too
    i wouldn't mind the phone being a little thicker and having a few more hundred mah in the battery

It's simple, they went with design over battery life on the Z10. They could've gone slightly thicker with a 2100 mAH battery.

The Aristo (codename) is rumored to have a 2800 mAh battery which should be on par with most smartphones today but I'm hoping it has a 3300 mAh to be on par with the Razr Maxx HD.
    galaxy s3 has 2100mah and iphone 5 is something tiny like 1500mah or something i think
    LG optimus G is 2100mah i think too? (but not removeable)
    Razr HD is the biggest one so far with somewhere around 2500 mah (except of course the Razr HD Maxx as you pointed out)

if the Aristo has that size battery i would definitely switch to it..
    **** i am even contemplating returning the z10 for now and waiting for the q10 now

No data yet that's made available.

Remember that the Z10 design was finalized almost a year before the Q10.

Anyway, with the larger battery plus smaller screen, plus that screen being LED lit, the Q10 should have a noticeably longer battery life than the Z10.

Posted via CB10
    If the q10 is going to have an LED screen what does the z10 have? something that uses more power im guessing??

Did NOBODY at RIM stand up and say "uhh WTF guys, the phone with the bigger and more power hungry screen is getting a battery that is smaller than the phone with the smaller and more power efficient screen??"

//edit
    i found this link to compare the z10 to the q10
    but its not very detailed when it comes to the q10 (for example, has no mention of having LTE..)
    http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3...&idPhone2=5274
    02-21-13 04:02 AM
    Great to hear that the Q10 will have a better battery life, but now we NEED TO GET IT. I don't know if I can wait that long. Come on Blackberry, get the "lead out".
    02-21-13 09:29 AM
    Is anyone hearing or experiencing at least eight hours of operation with the Z10?
    shinerb likes this.
    02-21-13 09:52 AM
    I suspect the battery was chosen as a reaction to all the complaints from 9900 users - especially the business users that use 24/7 . Q10 has this advantage over some other phones that businesses might consider.
    02-21-13 02:47 PM
    Is anyone hearing or experiencing at least eight hours of operation with the Z10?
    I'm getting 12+ hours easily. More depending on use. Less at the being because I could not put it down. I'm lying I still can't put it down. 12+ hours on average.

CB10 App, Z10
    02-21-13 02:56 PM
    I'm dead after an 8 hour shift at work. I close my apps. Browse CrackBerry and flipboard apps for an hour of the day. Maybe a total of 40 messages. Either text email bbm or whatsapp. No calls. So 90 minutes heavy use and 6 hours standby. Not acceptable IMO

Not acceptable IMO. I'll be getting the q10. I'd already switch to something else like the nexus 4 but the battery is just as horrible on that device. And HD max is too big for my liking

Posted via CB10
    02-21-13 09:04 PM
    Double post
    02-21-13 09:06 PM
    I'm dead after an 8 hour shift at work. I close my apps. Browse CrackBerry and flipboard apps for an hour of the day. Maybe a total of 40 messages. Either text email bbm or whatsapp. No calls. So 90 minutes heavy use and 6 hours standby. Not acceptable IMO

Not acceptable IMO. I'll be getting the q10. I'd already switch to something else like the nexus 4 but the battery is just as horrible on that device. And HD max is too big for my liking

Posted via CB10
    Eight hours is not acceptable on a today's smartphone? Man, you should carry a portable generator around.
    Savior4Life likes this.
    02-21-13 10:57 PM
    Eight hours is not acceptable on a today's smartphone? Man, you should carry a portable generator around.
    Who cares about "Today's Smartphones". Just because they all suck doesn't mean blackberries need to suck. I'd like 18 hours. Make it from the time I wake up to the time I go to bed.

Posted via CB10
    shinerb likes this.
    02-22-13 01:21 AM
    Given how cheap micro USB cables are (suck on that Apple!), I never pay attention to smartphone battery life nowadays. I bought four cables for $10, and carry them in my car and my travel/work bag, and store one next to my work PC. On most weekdays, my phone is rarely off the charger! P.S. The "memory effect" is a myth nowadays whether for phones or laptops - your battery won't noticeably diminish in capacity when it's plugged in all the time. By the time a noticeable decrease occurs, you're likely to be in the mood for upgrading anyways.

As long as you stick your phone on the charger every night before going to bed, you should rarely have any worries.

I don't know the exact battery specs of my phone, but I know they're worse than the Z10's, and it hasn't bothered me. There are times when I go out for the whole day without touching a charger, and even with somewhat frequent checking of messages/email and calling, my phone battery is at least 30% full by the time I get home. If you're the type who watches a lot of video or plays games on his phone, consider getting a spare charger to carry around.
    FrankIAm likes this.
    02-22-13 11:22 AM
    Regardless of how big the capacity is on these phones, the operating system and 2GBs of RAM seem to take a toll on the battery life. Hopefully the bigger capacity on the Q10 makes it last all day, but it can only do so much...
    02-22-13 12:20 PM
    I'd think that a backlit physical keyboard uses a lot of juice - more than a touch screen - and remember turning the backlight interval down on my 9700 - and increasing my battery life by, like, 2fold.
    02-23-13 02:01 AM
    I think people are overthinking the battery by trying to come up with technical reasons why the q10 might use more battery power than you would expect when the reason is probably as simple as the z10 needed to be a certain thickness to compete in the all-touch market and at that thickness you would have got roughly either a removable 1800mah battery or a fixed 2100 mah so they went with the more flexible option there while still hitting that thickness target.

On the q10, this is a device that is intended more to appeal to blackberry diehards that need a workhorse and as such does not have to pander so much to the thinness at the expense of battery life crowd and thus they are able to go with a larger battery that is going to be a more important feature to somebody with a usage pattern that is heavier on the data entry than the media consumption.
    Knightcrawler likes this.
    02-23-13 06:26 AM

Posted via CB10
    Me too, a nicely curved shape that will make it feel less like an iPhone in the hand and more like a BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-13 07:35 AM
34 12