Recently received a new phone (my previous Q10 had a cracked screen). Was set to factory settings before I did anything. Seemed to be fine for a couple weeks but then, all of a sudden, my Microsoft Outlook stopped receiving emails from the yahoo account on 1/23 but I didn't realize it because most of my emailing is done from my BB. NOW, from my BB, I keep getting dropped by Yahoo. I don't see that there is any issues with the yahoo server so I'm wondering if there is an issue between my BBQ10 and my computer or Microsoft Outlook?? Anybody that can walk me through what the setting on both Outlook 11 and the BB should be??? HELP, this is totally crippling me.
    01-30-15 02:40 PM
    Hi - I am experiencing the same problem and it's driving me nuts. If I go into settings and re-enter my password, save, then I get a few emails, but that's it.

Please if anyone has any ideas, that would be great.
    01-30-15 03:49 PM
    Is your yahoo setup as POP? If so look for a setting on yahoo to leave messages on the server. With POP if that isn't enabled the first client to get the mail will be the only one.
    01-30-15 03:54 PM
    It is and has always been set up as IMAP. My Q10 message says server might be temporarily offline, but I'm getting messages in webmail. Wish I could find a phone number for Yahoo. I tried their email support and it wasn't very helpful.
    01-30-15 04:11 PM
    I experience the same issue on my Q5 with Yahoo. It was working very well a month ago or so. I did not install any leaked OS or changed anything.

EDIT: For me forcing a refresh in the Hub seems to work around the issue.
    01-30-15 04:18 PM
    Thanks - I will give it a try,
    01-30-15 05:02 PM
    How did you set it up? Some have said after choosing email, etc. to use the icon just above the kb and choose yahoo or whichever.
    01-30-15 05:49 PM
    Why does my Q10 keep dropping Yahoo mail and sometimes Gmail?-uploadfromtaptalk1422661890085.jpg
    01-30-15 05:51 PM
    Yahoo does not care about BlackBerry. They are too invested in ios and Android. Unfortunately I had to change my Yahoo account to my Gmail account.

Posted via CB10
    01-30-15 11:04 PM
    Hi Everyone and especially Debbie - my problem is solved and I am receiving email on my Blackberry again.
    I called my wireless provider who was very helpful (Rogers). What we did was delete the email account in question from my BB and then reinitiate it. Restart. And voila. You can do the delete by going into Settings. Hope that helps someone.
    01-31-15 09:30 PM
    here we go again...funny how almost exactly one year to the date of having Yahoo connection issues...the problem arises again. although I am discovering that not just BB10 but also iOS is experiencing scattered reports of not being able to login / connect / send etc.

my issue is I get a "Not Connected" warning plus a red warning stating "There is an unexpected error occurring..." I've reentered / deleted the e-mail / app password like ten times in the last 2 days only to have it work for an hour then it loses the connection and I don't see any new e-mails or any inbox changes.

anyone else having these issues too?
    03-06-15 12:05 AM
    I have had this problem several times on my z10 and I am convinced this is a Yahoo issue. I have 4 email accounts with them and they all behave the same way at the same time. Also, the problem resolves itself with no intervention. The mail just mysteriously begins to work after a day or so.

A while back, someone suggested logging in to your yahoo mail account to resolve the issue as well.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Kimberella; 03-06-15 at 05:05 PM.
    03-06-15 12:15 AM
    UPDATE: "Not connected" warning popped up again under accounts...I guess i'll just have to hope and pray it goes away eventually. it's sad that e-mail was actually bulletproof under BIS...but with the open standards that BB10 is under now with limited vendor support...what would it take to bring a more reliable BIS-like service back?

thanks for the reply...I think an additional strategy to defeating this bug is to ensure you are connected to a reliable wifi connection...I noticed that all the times I deleted and added the account it was over the cell network...I seem to recall an article stating that when yahoo is initiating and while its downloading all the historical e-mails, if it gets interrupted in the process it fails and then cannot recover...something about connection timeout.

my most recent test now so far is so good and I haven't seen the "not connected" error YET...we'll see after a few hours...I have it set on a reasonable 15 min sync with all standard default settings.

the question becomes...what suddenly caused the issue after a year of basically smooth sailing? opening a case with yahoo is completely useless as their response is to follow instructions on a page talking about BIS and BBOS 7...and then when they find out I'm on a BB10 device they claim the device is unsupported. completely and utterly untrue!
    03-06-15 12:19 AM
    I gave up on Yahoo and switched over to Gmail. Works a lot better on all of my devices.

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk
    03-06-15 07:18 PM