Ok, I tried to find this topic in the forum and I couldn't.

I have had every high end android phone and every iPhone that has come out in the last 5 years. My last blackberry that I used for an extended period of time was the 9930. I loved that phone but I fell victim to the "I want more apps" bug.

So I began using every phone I could to find. but to never decide on one for more than a few months. I could not be content with any phone. The last one that suited me the best was the 9930. But even still, I stayed away from the Q10, the Z10 and the Z30 for quite some time.

Well last month I broke down and sold my iPhone 5s and bought a Q10 outright from Verizon. Every one in the store thought I was crazy, but I had done my research about the apps and what fellow crackberry addicts were saying about the current state of the blackberry devices. I was set on getting a Blackberry again.

I actually looked at the Z30 and the Q10 and went with the Q10 because I've always been drawn to the keyboard. I just enjoy typing away with that physical keyboard. And let me tell you I LOVE having the keyboard again. It's made me enjoy knocking out those emails for work and also just communicating with my phone again.

But to get back to my topic, why do I like it so much? I guess it's the keyboard. But everyone keeps asking me and I can't put my finger on one thing other than the keyboard. Yes there are more apps for the iPhone and Androids but the gap is getting better with the implementation of the Amazon app store. But honestly I don't use that many apps. I just like having this device. My wife thinks I'm crazy, because I've "messed" up the group messaging with her and our friends. They all have iphones. But I don't care, I love my Q10.

One of the crazy things is it seems I actually use my phone less and I get more done with it. It's amazing. I feel like I've actually stopped looking at my phone so much and been able to be less of a zombie with a phone.

Alright well I guess that concludes my question/rant about coming back to blackberry. I'm actually still shocked I like this phone so much. I think I am not fully convinced it's the keyboard that keeps me interested but oh well.

thanks for reading if anyone does. I'm glad to be back on a Crackberry.

Good night.

Posted via CB10
    08-17-14 02:10 AM
    I'm pretty close to your situation...I'm in love with my little white and I don't know why...coming from a lot of android devices, and now I realised that the best way to have best phone for each one is getting clear what you really need ...I want communicating,so BlackBerry is my phone.

Posted via CB10
    jd6102 likes this.
    08-17-14 03:07 AM
    Well we are in the same boat...
    I cannot put it down at all , always touching the phone , keyboard , looking at it.
    This while a also had a iphone beffore but after 1 month i was tired of it

Q10 just looks stunning and works well man !
    Enjoy !
    jd6102 likes this.
    08-17-14 03:22 AM
    I like the keyboard, hub and notifications LED. I will be getting the Classic and iPad for 2015!

Sent from 2AD743B7 via Tapatalk Pro
    jd6102 likes this.
    08-17-14 03:24 AM
    Ok, I tried to find this topic in the forum and I couldn't.

I have had every high end android phone and every iPhone that has come out in the last 5 years. My last blackberry that I used for an extended period of time was the 9930. I loved that phone but I fell victim to the "I want more apps" bug.

So I began using every phone I could to find. but to never decide on one for more than a few months. I could not be content with any phone. The last one that suited me the best was the 9930. But even still, I stayed away from the Q10, the Z10 and the Z30 for quite some time.

Well last month I broke down and sold my iPhone 5s and bought a Q10 outright from Verizon. Every one in the store thought I was crazy, but I had done my research about the apps and what fellow crackberry addicts were saying about the current state of the blackberry devices. I was set on getting a Blackberry again.

I actually looked at the Z30 and the Q10 and went with the Q10 because I've always been drawn to the keyboard. I just enjoy typing away with that physical keyboard. And let me tell you I LOVE having the keyboard again. It's made me enjoy knocking out those emails for work and also just communicating with my phone again.

But to get back to my topic, why do I like it so much? I guess it's the keyboard. But everyone keeps asking me and I can't put my finger on one thing other than the keyboard. Yes there are more apps for the iPhone and Androids but the gap is getting better with the implementation of the Amazon app store. But honestly I don't use that many apps. I just like having this device. My wife thinks I'm crazy, because I've "messed" up the group messaging with her and our friends. They all have iphones. But I don't care, I love my Q10.

One of the crazy things is it seems I actually use my phone less and I get more done with it. It's amazing. I feel like I've actually stopped looking at my phone so much and been able to be less of a zombie with a phone.

Alright well I guess that concludes my question/rant about coming back to blackberry. I'm actually still shocked I like this phone so much. I think I am not fully convinced it's the keyboard that keeps me interested but oh well.

thanks for reading if anyone does. I'm glad to be back on a Crackberry.

Good night.

Posted via CB10
    We're glad to have you back. I could tell you another thing you could possibly like a lot about the phone other than the keyboard. Notifications, the OS, the UI, the user friendliness. What I would do if I were you is get a blackberry playbook if you don't already have one. They're about $60 on amazon. That $440 cheaper than they were when they were released I believe. With the new update of blackberry bridge you can now send and receive text messages and BBM's through the tablet without having to pick up your phone separately while browsing the Web. And another thing, you could browse the Web away from home on that tablet without wifi using blackberry bridge without paying for a 3G/4G plan like on the ipad or other devices.

Blackberry has made some great products with some awesome features that's why we love them so much. I'm glad to be back on my Q10. My Note 3 is in my car, it's my backup tablet if my playbook and ipad are dead lol. And my iphone I use as an ipod.

Q10 = Greatness

Posted via Q10RR
    jd6102 likes this.
    08-17-14 05:30 AM
    Keyboard, touch screen and sufficient power, all that in a perfectly sized and shaped phone. That's the most important for me. Also the Hub is awesome and overall I love this software.

Posted via CB10
    08-17-14 10:18 AM
    Agreed with all of the above.

I also love the way it looks. It's a stylish looking phone and it doesn't look like everything else.

Posted via CB10
    08-17-14 10:20 AM
    I think the op answered his own question, he is not a phone zombie anymore, use it for work and a little play, games are for tablets, consoles or pc in my opinion, and yes I own a Q and love it best device that I have owned, and I have owned a lot of devices, at one point swapping or selling every 6 months or so, until I got this one I personally just love BlackBerry devices especially with the physical keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    lift likes this.
    08-17-14 12:08 PM
    I think that the trouble you’re having with trying pinpoint one certain thing, is that they’re so many parts of the BlackBerry communication experience that make up the whole. It’s a communication dynamo that has no equal.

Other platforms do other things very well, but when it comes to having a device designed for communicative purposes, BlackBerry simply cannot be beat. Security and communication are the foundations on which BlackBerry was built.
    jd6102 likes this.
    08-17-14 12:57 PM
    Agreed with all of the above.

I also love the way it looks. It's a stylish looking phone and it doesn't look like everything else.

Posted via CB10
    You're telling me that the galaxy s3, s4, s5, note 2, note 3, HTC one look alike? NONSENSE!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android only because my Q10 is charging
    08-17-14 02:14 PM
    I feel you bro. The Q10 is what it is and it's awesome. We don't need to know and explain......just do.

Live it, love it, be it.....BB10
    jd6102 likes this.
    08-17-14 04:50 PM
    I love my Q10 because of the a+mazing keyboard and the BlackBerry Hub is the best communications center I've ever seen on an OS.
    Overall, I love the fact that no matter where I am in the phone, responding to incoming messages is just a swipe away!
    Also... build quality is excellent.

Posted via CB10
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    08-17-14 05:29 PM
    Sold my q10 last week, found myself purchasing another one yesterday!

Thought I'd do without it by using my z10. Oh well!

Posted via CB10
    lift likes this.
    08-17-14 06:04 PM

We did have a somewhat similar thread not long ago. I can completely relate to your comments here, and I went from S4 to Q10 for similar reasons. Yes, I have my apps but I wanted to be less of a phone zombie.

I wonder if the Passport will cause me to backslide.

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk
    jamesharmeling and jd6102 like this.
    08-17-14 06:30 PM
    Running two different platforms blackberry by far the best communication device hands down! Love the keyboard but hate the font size. No other device has notifications like blackberry does which is the main reason for owning the Q10.

Posted via CB10
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    08-17-14 07:25 PM
    Sold my q10 last week, found myself purchasing another one yesterday!

Thought I'd do without it by using my z10. Oh well!

Posted via CB10
    Same here. Bought and sold Three Q10s but still find myself wanting one. I loved the keyboard, design and efficiency. Hated the Amoled screen tho. Will probably get another one since my son will be getting my Z10 in a month or so. Don't want to spend $$ on the Classic. Will wait for the price to go down. And I like smaller phones.

My Z10 - an extension of me
    lift likes this.
    08-17-14 08:18 PM
    I love the way it looks and performs. It's an awesome phone. All the BlackBerry 10 devices are awesome. I've used all of them except the Z3 and they're all awesome.

Posted via CB10
    jd6102 likes this.
    08-17-14 10:17 PM
    Good choice. Q10 works for me. I haven't tried all the other phones longer than an hour but I always choose a BlackBerry phone for some reason. Keyboard without a doubt but also the feel and I am just used too the bb10 flow. Only took a week to love it after bb7. Love the leaks too! Missing them now! One every couple of days was fun and miss the leaks more than anything! Cant wait for Xmas though!

Q10 with Telus on 10.3.0.296
    08-17-14 10:46 PM
    Thanks for all the comments everyone. Reading back my initial thoughts, I guess I did basically answer my own question. I hope I can stick with this phone and with BB altogether. My life has been simplified in so many ways. I still have my Nexus 7 and that is a great device haven't had any issues with it. I like the Nexus for watching YouTube and looking at various things, but I really don't like to put down my Q10 ever. 😀
    08-17-14 11:39 PM
    It's okay, it's just part of the addiction. You don't know why, you just have to have it. Welcome to the Q10 club.

Posted via CB10
    Bratza and credonoxo like this.
    08-18-14 01:48 AM
    Because you have adopted the dark side.

Posted via CB10
    08-18-14 01:49 AM
    Thanks for all the comments everyone. Reading back my initial thoughts, I guess I did basically answer my own question. I hope I can stick with this phone and with BB altogether. My life has been simplified in so many ways. I still have my Nexus 7 and that is a great device haven't had any issues with it. I like the Nexus for watching YouTube and looking at various things, but I really don't like to put down my Q10 ever. 😀
    This is random, but I remember when the Nexus One came out. Jeez. I feel ancient. Honestly I never had a phone other than blackberry where I looked for an excuse to be on it. CB makes the addiction even harder to break. All that's missing on my shiny Q10 is a CB Logo on the back and I would totally pay some $$ for it. Too bad they don't offer any

Q10 for life.....or at least till the classic comes out lol.

Posted via Q10RR
    08-18-14 04:07 PM
    This is random, but I remember when the Nexus One came out. Jeez. I feel ancient. Honestly I never had a phone other than blackberry where I looked for an excuse to be on it. CB makes the addiction even harder to break. All that's missing on my shiny Q10 is a CB Logo on the back and I would totally pay some $$ for it. Too bad they don't offer any

Q10 for life.....or at least till the classic comes out lol.

Posted via Q10RR
    Yeah I remember when Crackberry Kevin had the CB logo on the back of his 9700. I wish they would do that again. I would pay good money for one of those too.

And yeah like you said, "Q10 for life or until the classic comes out" I'm looking forward to that one also.

Posted via CB10
    08-18-14 04:17 PM
    Yeah I remember when Crackberry Kevin had the CB logo on the back of his 9700. I wish they would do that again. I would pay good money for one of those too.

And yeah like you said, "Q10 for life or until the classic comes out" I'm looking forward to that one also.

Posted via CB10
    Wasn't it his 9000?? Maybe it was the 9700 idr. But it was so cool. I would pay money for that definitely. It would would definitely make me feel like a part of the family. I would love a CB sticker for my rear Window or magnet for my car bumper. Lol

Oh hey, it's my
    !1,000th post!
    !Crackberry Master Achieved!

Posted via Q10RR
    Attachment 291600
    jd6102 likes this.
    08-18-14 04:24 PM
    Thanks to your post, I bought my fourth Q10. This one will be a keeper. I had a hard time choosing between my Z10 and the Q10 before this. But after selling each Q10, i would miss the keyboard, shortcuts and form factor.

Now, my Z10 will be passed down to my son to reward him for his triathlon achievements. He will competing in his third one this wknd. He needs to keep his grades up of course. He is excited. He has been saving up for the Pebble watch to pair with the Z10. Big sis is excited too. She has a Z10 and can't wait to be "twinning". She loves her phone.

Can't wait. Got a great deal on Ebay. Being shipped tomorrow.

Thank you again.

My Z10 - an extension of me
    lift and jd6102 like this.
    08-18-14 11:04 PM
46 12