I thought after my last post that there would be no more answers to my questions, but I was wrong. This forum is great! Thank you to all of you whom have answered. I see there are some quick and easy answers and some really detailed. It's nice to see that there are people out there whom are willing to help the best they can

I have the iPhone 5. I'm not necessarily in need of having a phone that's as easy to use as the iPhone. I did enjoy my old Nokias when they were around and when it comes to the size of the screen - I'd rather use my computer for things that needs a big screen. I do although find the apps pretty useful. Eventhough - as someone mentiones - perhaps my old ipod could be a substitute for those needs. I enjoy writing and spending time on my phone and seeing as touch screen really is starting to bother me, a BB would be great.

Thanks again for all the useful answers! I'll really get to thinking about it. Maybe I could benefit from waiting a couple of months and see how the apps on BB are progressing
    01-10-15 05:01 PM
    I've used iPhones and Androids... but due to circumstance I had to use an old Curve for a few weeks due to my Galaxy going for a swim and I really started to like the keyboard.

I type a lot faster on a virtual keyboard (iphone, etc), but there is something cool about typing on a physical one. It slows me down a bit, and I like that.

For this reason I just picked up a Q10 (with OS 10.2.1) last week and I was concerned about Apps, but with a some light reading and side-loading I now have all sorts of android apps fully up and running: Netflix, RetroArch with all my NES ROMs, Playstation, N64, etc...

There is something rewarding about watching a movie and playing games on the smaller Q10 screen. Takes me years back to when I had a Pearl with a trackball and loaded Seinfeld episodes to watch at work on my coffee break

Who knows how much longer these keyboard phones will be around. You'll always be able to get a new full-touch-screen phone... boooring!
    01-12-15 04:40 PM
    there are 2 ways of seeing this.

i use the Q10 for calls. emailing, linkedin and since 2007 - Pearl 8100, Curve 8900, Bold 9700 & a brief period with a Torch 9800 - all QWERTY. from 2011 went to iPhone 4s, android GNote and now the 5s. all single devices.

now i use the 5s (with data only sim) primarily for media consumption and the Q10 for what its good at - communication. i don't expect the bb dev community to support apps like apple and android, but then again i don't use the Q10 for media consumption.

i get good battery life from the Q10 as a phone and email only device.

the crackberry forum community is alive and like a box of liquorice allsorts - some good some not so good.

I thought after my last post that there would be no more answers to my questions, but I was wrong. This forum is great! Thank you to all of you whom have answered. I see there are some quick and easy answers and some really detailed. It's nice to see that there are people out there whom are willing to help the best they can

I have the iPhone 5. I'm not necessarily in need of having a phone that's as easy to use as the iPhone. I did enjoy my old Nokias when they were around and when it comes to the size of the screen - I'd rather use my computer for things that needs a big screen. I do although find the apps pretty useful. Eventhough - as someone mentiones - perhaps my old ipod could be a substitute for those needs. I enjoy writing and spending time on my phone and seeing as touch screen really is starting to bother me, a BB would be great.

Thanks again for all the useful answers! I'll really get to thinking about it. Maybe I could benefit from waiting a couple of months and see how the apps on BB are progressing
    01-12-15 04:45 PM
    Waiting on apps for BB is a moot point. That landscape is not going to change. Based on what you said though, as some have pointed out, 10.3.1 is more than adequate. Just buy a Q10 and load 10.3.1. Waiting won't help much.
    01-12-15 05:02 PM
    01-12-15 06:04 PM
    My piece on BlackBerry apps in general:

When I got my q10 I realized I didn't really need the massive amount of apps that I have on my iphone 5s. It definitely simplified my life for the better. Sports apps are useful but not absolutely necessary... the only apps I need on my q10 are twitter/blaq, quick stocks or stocks for BlackBerry, CB, rad.io, and I installed chess because you never know when you're bored in a situation where it comes in handy.

For me, what else could I possibly need? Everything else about my BlackBerry is better than the iphone. Iphones are for sheeple. hahaha

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    applescruff likes this.
    01-12-15 06:05 PM
    Verizon won't offer the Classic til who knows when, I'd be happy if they would just let my Q10 have the new 10.3.? new soft ware, when will BB offer that ??
    01-22-15 09:47 AM
    Like I've told andy3651 in another similar thread entitled "Can I get some convincing me to get a BlackBerry?"

Top 5 reasons to go BlackBerry:

Why choose Blackberry?-dv6zahr.jpg
    I don't think you've created this thread in the Q10 sub-forum randomly: perhaps you're attracted by the best BB device available today IMO:the Q10. You won't regret picking this device it will grow on you. In 6 weeks there's the MWC so if you can wait before you get a BB I'd first check what John Chen has been cooking. If you can't wait then go and get a Q10 today
    bbnrs likes this.
    01-22-15 10:01 AM
    My main problem with BlackBerry is that it takes awhile to boot and I'm often apprehensive this could be my bane if faced with an emergency that requires me to make a quick call when the phone is off. How this hasn't been resolved still baffles me. My Sony Xperia Z3 seems technologically more advanced than my Q10 and has actually made me feel that BlackBerry is a bit boring. In truth, using BlackBerry for me is mostly out of the sentiments I've attached to it (mostly an elitist ego). I'm sorry to say this, but I'm still hoping for more from BlackBerry. I must add that I keep correcting every sentence I type because the "full stop" won't stop appearing after every sentence typed. That's so annoying and I hope there's a solution (hardware or software). If not, I'm tempted to give out my BlackBerry Q10 to an exciting user gratis.

Posted via CB10
    02-07-15 01:39 AM
    Was using a iPhone 4, and changed it to a Q10.

Love the keyboard, the hub and the keyboard (yes the keyboard)

What I do not really like is the smallish screen. Although android compatibility is much better these days
    (still on the old 10.2.1 though), there are some apps which I would love to see it working properly on the Q10
    (Sony's Playmemories mobile - doesn't work, its a photo wifi transfer app)

Most "common" android apps : Instagram, Facebook, Google Maps works ok. I never game on the Q10.

But I do have an android tablet for ebooks, news, games, videos. My Q10 is only for communication. And it does its job very well.

I'm mulling whether to keep it when my contract is up, as a backup phone. Coz the keyboard is superb, no touch screen can beat this!

Actually, why don't you take a look at the Classic too? Apart from the unremovable battery, it is almost like Q10's long lost brother.
    02-07-15 01:12 PM
    My main problem with BlackBerry is that it takes awhile to boot and I'm often apprehensive this could be my bane if faced with an emergency that requires me to make a quick call when the phone is off. How this hasn't been resolved still baffles me. My Sony Xperia Z3 seems technologically more advanced than my Q10 and has actually made me feel that BlackBerry is a bit boring. In truth, using BlackBerry for me is mostly out of the sentiments I've attached to it (mostly an elitist ego). I'm sorry to say this, but I'm still hoping for more from BlackBerry. I must add that I keep correcting every sentence I type because the "full stop" won't stop appearing after every sentence typed. That's so annoying and I hope there's a solution (hardware or software). If not, I'm tempted to give out my BlackBerry Q10 to an exciting user gratis.

Posted via CB10
    No solution from my understanding when it's booting up its not just booting up its doing all kinds of security checks with the hardware to make sure nothing weird is going on like piece by piece it's verifying that things are the way the should be. To me I'm ok with that. instead of powering off your device just put it in airplane mode still saves your battery and quick to come back on

Posted via CB10
    02-08-15 07:25 AM
    And as far as BlackBerry being boring. Whatever os you choose after time will become boring,stale that's what your looking at all the time I have had them all ios,android still have android note4 company provided. windows phone and of course BlackBerry they all at one point get boring but when it comes to making calls and sending texts and emails and going back and forth between all 3 of those things back to back my q10 never lags that's something to say on older hardware my note lags my moto X lags my iphone 4s and 5s lagged.

Posted via CB10
    02-08-15 07:45 AM
    All good stuff Q10 is a solid phone. Period!

Posted via CB10
    02-10-15 10:53 PM
38 12