I am unable to send text messages, open applications or access my control settings. I can restart my phone and get about a minutes worth of access, but that's it. I have also taken the battery out. Virus maybe?

10-14-14 10:36 AM
    Sounds like the OS got corrupted. Try to back it up if you need anything and reload the OS.
    10-14-14 11:28 AM
    Interesting... I wonder if this is related to my double typing issue? That just started maybe two weeks ago.

Any tips or walk-thrus on how to do a reinstall? I will try this tonight and report back.

I can make and receive calls, which is good.
    10-14-14 11:36 AM
    I'd use an autoloader as it is the easiest and fastest. It wipes the phones and gives you a fresh install, just do a security wipe afterwards and then reload your stuff. But I'd be wary that something in the settings from what you have now could also be a culprit. So you may want to reload everything by hand. Might as well go with 10.3 if you want to test out the new version. Runs great on the q10.

Once you grab the file and unzip it, plug the phone in after you have made your backups! and make sure to unencrypt an turn locking off! Then plug the phone in and run the file. Takes like 5 minutes.
    10-14-14 12:26 PM
    Downloaded the autoloader. Wiped my phone. Go to open the autoloader.

It's an .exe file. I have a mac. smh.

The worst part is I know better, to check, to look at the darn files before doing anything.

Anyway. Suggestions? I don't have Parallels or Bootcamp.

I might have a PC of someone I know I can just run the .exe file on. Will that work okay if they don't have BB Link?
    10-19-14 05:29 PM
    10-19-14 06:20 PM