I've had blackberry cellphones for a very long time. Occasionally I switched to an iphone or galaxy just to see what it's about but no matter what I always came back to blackberry. The one thing I wanna know from u guys is when people say blackberry is a better business phone and u can get things done better faster and easier with a blackberry than other phones such as an iphone or galaxy. Can someone explain this to me because I'm not really sure what exactly they mean. Blackberry, apple and samsung has docs to go so I'm assuming it's not that. Is it the email? Is it because of the keyboard? I'm just curious to know your opinions. Thank u

Posted via CB10
    07-13-14 10:32 PM
    Since you've raised this in the Q10 sub forum, I am guessing you're using one.

To me BlackBerry has the keyboard and the hub. I can't live without them.

Sent from pin:2AD743B7 via Tapatalk Pro
    07-13-14 10:35 PM
    Yea I have a q10. Had a black one and ran it over with my car by accident. So I decided to get a white one this time

Posted via CB10
    07-13-14 10:42 PM
    Historically, bbm was one of the most used communication methods in the business world. If you wanted to network, you can usually only reach someone via bbm. So people went to BlackBerry in mass.

In current day, companies who value security still value BlackBerry. Also, many users prefer keyboard based communication device. Along with stable canadian contracts, many government and business have updated phones to BlackBerry q10 and 5.

CB10 on the Q10
    neoberry99 likes this.
    07-13-14 10:49 PM
    Well i find email sucks on both of the other platforms, you can be pretty secure that your BB will get the email their fast, my wife's iphone doesn't even get text msg sometimes, and its slow compared to my Z30, i guess its just the secure feeling of knowing that incoming and outgoing messages are being delivered fast so you can respond quick,
    neoberry99 likes this.
    07-13-14 10:52 PM
    One feature that makes Blackberry devices great for handling business is that Blackberry has always handled multi-tasking very well. The older OS platforms and BB10 both cater to efficiency and productivity.

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums
    neoberry99 likes this.
    07-13-14 10:53 PM
    I don't mean to troll but multitasking on the old OS?? Those old BBs were laggy as hell

Posted via CB10
    07-13-14 10:58 PM
    I don't mean to troll but multitasking on the old OS?? Those old BBs were laggy as hell

Posted via CB10
    I never found my 9900 like that, it was a great phone
    neoberry99 likes this.
    07-13-14 11:00 PM
    I wish blackberry still had push email. That was one thing that put blackberry ahead of everyone else. I hate that it syncs every few mins. My Gmail comes fast but my yahoo takes a few mins

Posted via CB10
    07-13-14 11:02 PM

Posted via CB10
    I've had three different legacy devices and only one of them had laggy moments after an incident with coming into contact with water. I got so much done on them.

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums
    07-13-14 11:03 PM
    I just love to type on a physical kb, less typos and faster compared to a virtual one, for me anyways. Plus I hardly play games or don't use many apps on my smartphone. It just needs to be a good communicator, so with the physical kb and the hub it's being a great one.

CB10 - Q10
    neoberry99 likes this.
    07-13-14 11:19 PM
    the keyboard and the lack of apps, makes it more appealing to the business environment.
    The hub is also super efficient!
    07-14-14 03:23 AM
    BlackBerry becomes a business phone for me because:

1. BlackBerry is known for achieving good relationship + partnership with the "enterprise" market.

2. The BlackBerry OS takes into consideration that people who work hard are good at multitasking and the OS is the best one to compliment this ability more than any other platform (key point: hub).

3 the overall UI of the OS + the look of any BlackBerry phones shouts business!

4 security. (I think I don't have to say why.)

I have more but.. I think you have an idea..

Filipino. 23. Q10 user.
    neoberry99 likes this.
    07-14-14 03:41 AM
    For me it's the physical keyboard, the short-cut keys (God bless speed dialling), the multi-tasking, ease of opening and sending email attachments and the speed at which my emails arrive.
    The relatively small screen is criticised by some users but for me it is actually a plus point. It means i will only use my Q10 for an occasional but essential web browse and am less inclined to fritter time away Buzzfeeding through the internet
    07-14-14 05:04 AM
    For me it's this: I can control my BB from my PC. Calls, messages - even CB! AFAIK, not available on Apple or Android. Hmmn - need to read the article on BBOS 7.
    Attached Thumbnails Why BlackBerry considered THE business phone out there-screen.jpg  
    07-14-14 02:06 PM
    For me it's this: I can control my BB from my PC. Calls, messages - even CB! AFAIK, not available on Apple or Android. Hmmn - need to read the article on BBOS 7.
    I believe this is quite possible on other platforms, and for quite some time.

Some people are fantastic on BB10, others on other platforms. In the right hands, BB10 is a workhorse.
    07-14-14 02:11 PM
    That's possible con Android...

Posted via CB10
    07-14-14 03:25 PM
    For me I like BlackBerry for work because of:
    1. Physical keyboard
    2. Keyboard shortcuts
    3. Speed dial for phone calls
    4. Multi tasking
    5. Sense of security in my communications

To me this is specific to the Q10 and even the older Bold. Had the Z10 and I felt I wasn't as productive.

Posted via CB10
    07-14-14 09:23 PM
    The keyboard. The ui. Equals productivity. I use my Q10 allday everyday. By far the best overall communication device is 9900. Hands down. Bb protect on bb07 is the cats azz!
    07-15-14 12:08 AM
    Have used BlackBerry for 10 years, since I started my business. Have never used anything but BlackBerry so can't comment on why it is better than other devices. However, as a business owner, let me say, the inability to process credit cards is a HUGE inconvenience! And costs me A LOT of $$ in merchant fees processed on-line, which is how I have to do it.

Lack of merchant services is the single feature which may drive me to switch devices. I realize it is a merchant provider issue, but if Chase Bank won't support it and Square has no intention to either--as the largest mobile merchant providers--i have little hope for it in the near future.

I did download the android app, but the swipe device is unrecognized by my Q10. So I still have to key enter it and get an extra charge.

Bummed.
    07-16-14 07:04 AM
    It's the entire experience. BlackBerry 10 is so much more polished and professional than other platforms. Android is too busy and messy, apple is too "hipster-ish" and more or less a distraction toy than a tool.

Posted via CB10
    07-16-14 03:10 PM
    Wow I need that as well! Is this available on bb10?

So it is connected through wifi? Can you connect it through bluetooth as well?

You can answer/make calls and receive/send texts as well right?

Posted via CB10 using Blackberry Q10
    07-16-14 09:50 PM
    so silly -__-
    09-12-14 04:32 AM
    In my own limited experience with a 9900 last year and a new Q10 for a couple of months, typing on a physical keyboard is always an easier and a more pleasant experience. I've no qualms typing long messages via email or sms or social chat - something I disdain having to do on my Note 3, which I still keep as a second device, for videos and for browsing.

The dearth of apps is no problem for me. That's what my Note 3 is for. But for all my communications needs, the Q10 is a champ.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-14 02:21 AM
    It's not that great for businesses, i was trying to put together a responsive newsletter to send to customers, BB10 has terrible to no support for mobile media queries in email.

iOS and Android do.

They can show off with swipes and fancy gestures but when it comes to actual features and getting stuff done, it's not all that great in the real world.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-14 03:28 AM
30 12