Alright, here's all the relevant details needed.

Model: Blackberry Q10
    Software release: 10.3.3.1435
    Browser version: 10.2.0.18 (BB default)

I have a Blackberry Q10 which I intend to use as a secondary. However, with the exception of text message, emails (mapped to hub) and phone(cellular) calls, nothing seems to work.

Problem 1: Unable to sign in to BBID.

When I open 'Settings > Blackberry ID > Sign in' and enter my credentials and hit 'sign-in' I'm presented with an error message that reads:
    "Unable to sign in to Blackberry ID. Make sure that you have set the current date and time and try again."

I check the date & time and it's all good. So, I try again a couple more times with different network connections the same error appears again.
    (Yeah, stuck there now.)

Problem 2: The default browser doesn't seem to work either.

When I launch the browser and just type in 'www.google.com' (any functional web URL for that matter) it throws an error: "Couldn't resolve the host name." or "" when using a Mobile/Cellular connection.
    But, when I use my WiFi - It just takes me to my ISP's login page.
    What could be the issue here?

I just wanted to be able to Call, Text, Mail and Browse on this phone.
    So, the aforementioned three things with the exception of 'browse' is working just fine.

Any kind of help will be appreciated.

PS: (Weird Exception) There was a built-in amazon application and when used, it took me to the default browser. Well, I was able to browse the whole amazon website without problems. But, that's about the extent of browsing I've done on the default browser. None of the other URLs work.
    10-06-20 10:56 AM
    Alright, here's all the relevant details needed.

Model: Blackberry Q10
    Software release: 10.3.3.1435
    Browser version: 10.2.0.18 (BB default)

I have a Blackberry Q10 which I intend to use as a secondary. However, with the exception of text message, emails (mapped to hub) and phone(cellular) calls, nothing seems to work.

Problem 1: Unable to sign in to BBID.

When I open 'Settings > Blackberry ID > Sign in' and enter my credentials and hit 'sign-in' I'm presented with an error message that reads:
    "Unable to sign in to Blackberry ID. Make sure that you have set the current date and time and try again."

I check the date & time and it's all good. So, I try again a couple more times with different network connections the same error appears again.
    (Yeah, stuck there now.)

Problem 2: The default browser doesn't seem to work either.

When I launch the browser and just type in 'www.google.com' (any functional web URL for that matter) it throws an error: "Couldn't resolve the host name." or "" when using a Mobile/Cellular connection.
    But, when I use my WiFi - It just takes me to my ISP's login page.
    What could be the issue here?

I just wanted to be able to Call, Text, Mail and Browse on this phone.
    So, the aforementioned three things with the exception of 'browse' is working just fine.

Any kind of help will be appreciated.

PS: (Weird Exception) There was a built-in amazon application and when used, it took me to the default browser. Well, I was able to browse the whole amazon website without problems. But, that's about the extent of browsing I've done on the default browser. None of the other URLs work.
    Can you log into your BBID online from your computer?
    10-06-20 02:05 PM
    Have you been trying it for a few days, or just today?

In the past there have been times when the Servers were down and you got the date/time error. Might wait a day or two.

If you have already tried over several days.... have you tried on other networks? Is anything communicating with the internet?

1) Reload the OS.
    2) It's Junk.
    razacslair likes this.
    10-06-20 02:07 PM
    I can log in to my BBID using PC.
    Tried from past 2 days not more.
    I'll wanna reloading the OS as suggested, but, scared to do so as the BB link app support is ending? I'm not entirely sure if I should do that.
    Which if fails, may brick the device. I can still call, text and email. All core communications are working great right now.
    Should i just use it 'as is'? or try a reload?
    10-06-20 02:49 PM
    I can log in to my BBID using PC.
    Tried from past 2 days not more.
    I'll wanna reloading the OS as suggested, but, scared to do so as the BB link app support is ending? I'm not entirely sure if I should do that.
    Which if fails, may brick the device. I can still call, text and email. All core communications are working great right now.
    Should i just use it 'as is'? or try a reload?
    It's a tricky question. Theoretically, running an autoloader should work fine, and you should be able to get past BlackBerry anti-theft and log in to your BBID properly.

But in the off chance that it doesn't work...
    razacslair likes this.
    10-06-20 03:44 PM
    It's a tricky question. Theoretically, running an autoloader should work fine, and you should be able to get past BlackBerry anti-theft and log in to your BBID properly.

But in the off chance that it doesn't work...
    If they verify that BB Protect is off before they run an autoloader there shouldn't be any issues.
    10-06-20 07:41 PM
    If they verify that BB Protect is off before they run an autoloader there shouldn't be any issues.
    Except the OP said he wasn't able to sign into his BBID. Something odd is happening, so I don't want to guarantee anything.
    10-06-20 07:46 PM
    Except the OP said he wasn't able to sign into his BBID. Something odd is happening, so I don't want to guarantee anything.
    First things first - I wanna thank everyone who helped me through this crisis.

Here goes the story of revival of a stubborn old Blackberry Q10.

I was able to grit my teeth and reload the OS of the device (Blackberry Q10).
    Not gonna lie. - I was scared of having to revert to Samsung duos as my secondary if the Blackberry got bricked.

Fortunately, the reload was perfect. I was able to sign in to a newly created Blackberry ID but not my old BBID.
    (I wasn't able to sign-in to my old BBID, Something about migration to Amtek - read this in another post.)

The problems that were mentioned in the original post is now resolved after a successful reload.
    (I'm more than happy at this point as now, I can call, text, email, browse, listen to music among a bunch of other minor stuff.)

However, the one functionality that still does not work is the connection to Blackberry Link(USB File Transfer) - when I connect the Blackberry Q10 to the PC via USB, Link software displays the device but, is unable to mount the drive for me to access the data on it.
    Considering that I was able to reload the device using the same software, I was hoping for it to work, but, alas, the link software throws an error log that reads thus: "Connection Error. There was a problem accessing the device(s) on this device. Disconnect and reconnect your device and try again.".

Well, it's an old device and is bound to have issues. I understand that. However, if someone has faced the same issue and has been able to fix it, please help out as this will add the 'USB File Transfer' functionality for my device.

Again thanks everyone for helping out

PS: I know the latest release is listed as version 10.3.3.3216. But, my phone isn't updating beyond version 10.3.3.1435.
    (Is it the most stable update or is the latest one not applicable to Blackberry Q10?)
    Sorry, I ask a lot of questions
    10-06-20 10:43 PM
    First things first - I wanna thank everyone who helped me through this crisis.

Here goes the story of revival of a stubborn old Blackberry Q10.

I was able to grit my teeth and reload the OS of the device (Blackberry Q10).
    Not gonna lie. - I was scared of having to revert to Samsung duos as my secondary if the Blackberry got bricked.

Fortunately, the reload was perfect. I was able to sign in to a newly created Blackberry ID but not my old BBID.
    (I wasn't able to sign-in to my old BBID, Something about migration to Amtek - read this in another post.)

The problems that were mentioned in the original post is now resolved after a successful reload.
    (I'm more than happy at this point as now, I can call, text, email, browse, listen to music among a bunch of other minor stuff.)

However, the one functionality that still does not work is the connection to Blackberry Link(USB File Transfer) - when I connect the Blackberry Q10 to the PC via USB, Link software displays the device but, is unable to mount the drive for me to access the data on it.
    Considering that I was able to reload the device using the same software, I was hoping for it to work, but, alas, the link software throws an error log that reads thus: "Connection Error. There was a problem accessing the device(s) on this device. Disconnect and reconnect your device and try again.".

Well, it's an old device and is bound to have issues. I understand that. However, if someone has faced the same issue and has been able to fix it, please help out as this will add the 'USB File Transfer' functionality for my device.

Again thanks everyone for helping out

PS: I know the latest release is listed as version 10.3.3.3216. But, my phone isn't updating beyond version 10.3.3.1435.
    (Is it the most stable update or is the latest one not applicable to Blackberry Q10?)
    Sorry, I ask a lot of questions
    To get the latest OS, you'll need to run the autoloader from your PC:

https://mega.nz/file/RJJWTTzT#USoRTN...Bcej8X1VLRT6NU

If you used your old BBID when signing in to BBM on Android (during a brief time), then that would explain why you couldn't log in again and had to create a new one.

File transfer with Link requires SMB v1 to be re-enabled on your PC (very dangerous and not recommended). This was a major Windows security hole that was plugged a while back.
    razacslair likes this.
    10-06-20 11:33 PM

File transfer with Link requires SMB v1 to be re-enabled on your PC (very dangerous and not recommended). This was a major Windows security hole that was plugged a while back.
    ^^^^
    @razacslair - Enable SMB v1 on your PC (while off line), move your files between the PC and your phone. Once you are finished, disable SMB v1 and go back online... That should get you going and able to share files again. Repeat as needed.

I had switched to using cloud storage.... but not sure what still works. OneDrive partially? Maybe Box.
    brookie229 likes this.
    10-07-20 07:22 AM
    ^^^^
    @razacslair - Enable SMB v1 on your PC (while off line), move your files between the PC and your phone. Once you are finished, disable SMB v1 and go back online... That should get you going and able to share files again. Repeat as needed.

I had switched to using cloud storage.... but not sure what still works. OneDrive partially? Maybe Box.
    Is it PlayCloud that lets you natively access your Google Drive? It's on conite's spreadsheet.
    10-07-20 11:10 AM
    Is it PlayCloud that lets you natively access your Google Drive? It's on conite's spreadsheet.
    Yes indeed.

Basket also still works (native Dropbox client).

OneDrive will kinda work by fiddling with older apks.
    10-07-20 11:44 AM
    I just got Playcloud off BlackBerry World. Is it as good as the spreadsheet version or should I start over?

It looks like the most incredibly useful app.
    Sorry, now realized it's off topic for this thread.
    12-05-21 12:01 PM
    I just got Playcloud off BlackBerry World. Is it as good as the spreadsheet version or should I start over?

It looks like the most incredibly useful app.
    Sorry, now realized it's off topic for this thread.
    I think the paid version is available from the spreadsheet while the one from BBW is the free version. Paid version will have the most functionality.
    12-06-21 07:44 AM
    I think the paid version is available from the spreadsheet while the one from BBW is the free version. Paid version will have the most functionality.
    Confirmed; BBW version didn't do much and showed on the screen as 'Playcloud trial'. Now deleted.
    12-06-21 11:52 AM