Hi.. My Q10 was draining batteries and I decided to make a full backup and wiped the device.
    However when I try to restore it, I get this problem.

KB36134-BlackBerry Link fails when attempting to restore a backup file and displays "Restore was cancelled. The operation was cancelled and some items were not restored."

It happened within seconds of restoring with the percentage count still at 0% everytime. Whether I was doing full backup or custom backup. I'm using the latest Blackberry Link, version 1.2.3.56. The software Release is 10.2.1.3062. OS version 10.2.1.3442. I really need the notes that I have in the Remember app. I didn't sync it with the evernote account nor outlook account. So my only hope would be the backup file. I have done the following :
    1. Uninstall BB Link and reinstall it several times
    2. Restored individual app
    3. Restored only media files
    4. Restored only local settings
    5. Copy the backup file to other PC and restore from there
    6. Remove the SD card before restoring
    7. Multiple security wipes
    8. Install third party software like blackberryextractor, phonemine, etc; which appeared to only worked with OS7
    9. Change the QNX entry in the Manifest.xml to lower version

I'm really stressed out now. It seems absurd not being able to restore from your own backup. I didn't even try to install leaked OS or anything like that. It's just a simple backup and restore. So please help... I desperately need it.. Thanks guys.....
    01-26-15 12:07 AM
    Did you proceed while using the USB cable provided by BlackBerry and without any other USB devices plugged to your computer ?

If you have an antivirus/firewall, disconnect from the Internet and close it before trying again.

But, this type of error means usually a corrupted save... Why did you try by editing the Manifest file ? What OS version was there before you change it ?
    01-26-15 05:42 AM
    I had a problem with restoring my Passport. I had to un-tick the media files option.

Might be worth a try for you.

I never got the media files back but that (apparently) serves me right for not saving everything to the media card.
    01-26-15 05:51 AM
    Did you proceed while using the USB cable provided by BlackBerry and without any other USB devices plugged to your computer ?

If you have an antivirus/firewall, disconnect from the Internet and close it before trying again.

But, this type of error means usually a corrupted save... Why did you try by editing the Manifest file ? What OS version was there before you change it ?
    Hi Joshu42, I used the USB cable provided by BB and didn't have any devices attached. I have tried also turning off the internet connection and firewall, but the results were the same.

I read in some article to try changing the QNX version to 10.1.0.0. The OS version was the same as the one I have now which is 10.2.1.3442.

Any other advice? At this moment I'm willing to try anything.
    01-27-15 10:35 AM
    Any other advice? At this moment I'm willing to try anything.
    Unfortunately, you've already tried a lot, if not everything. Strange though that you didn't have a warning or error message while unzipping your save file... That means that the checksum is Ok and your save file may be not corrupted after all.

Last thing you can try is to install Link on another computer and restore from there. I'm pretty sure your issue is linked to your software environment.
    01-27-15 01:16 PM
    Sorry if this would sound stupid but do you have the same BlackBerry ID on the phone and BB link?

Posted via CB10
    01-27-15 02:26 PM
    Joshu42, I have tried that also.. (see my first post, point no. 5). And there was no error message during the backup either. At least something to warn you that the backup wasn't successful would be nice.

BlackberryAtQuadra, I used the same BB Id. I only have 1.

I have tried android and microsoft phones and never had this problem.. Shame on blackberry.. unable to restore your own backup files..
    01-28-15 05:19 AM