Please help. Just got a replacement Q10 for the wife, and the device functions perfectly, however the sound on all forms of video is muffled; inaudible. This means whether its a normal video recording, or even video calls in BBM - all forms of video... The calls are crystal clear, but no audio on videos is a deal breaker...

Can anyone help?

Couldn't find exact same issue in forums..
    11-13-14 05:25 PM
    First thing to do : start BlackBerry Virtual Expert (aka BBVE) to learn if the issue is hardware.
    11-13-14 05:45 PM
    BVE shows the mic is working fine... and it is on calls, as I said.
    11-13-14 05:55 PM
    There is several microphones. I advise you to clean with a very thin needle the 3 small openings : one at the bottom of the phone near the speaker, two at the top to the right of the power button. Try not to push, but to pull if you find some dust. For your issue, focus on the top ones first.
    11-13-14 06:01 PM
    Ok, BVE is now NOT recording as part of that audio record test. Al I did was a restart... so it is a hardware issue?
    Solution, short of taking it in?
    11-13-14 07:00 PM
    Did you clean the openings ?

Ok, BVE is now NOT recording as part of that audio record test
    The Audio Record test records from all the microphone. You can count to 3 at the 3 openings and know if one didn't work when it's played.
    11-13-14 07:51 PM
    Tried all 3. All are muffled. Pin holes were cleaned, but again, the phone is weeks old. Not enough time to get dirty

Posted via CB10
    11-13-14 09:54 PM
    So BBVE still failed for the Audio Record test, but calls are still "crystal clear" ?...

Can you give me the app in Settings > Security and Privacy > Application Permissions with Run in Background selected ?

Did you install an app, like a call recorder ?
    11-13-14 10:16 PM
    Evernote is only background enabled app. Nothing new except updates to BBM and A few others. Clock, etc. Yes, call quality is perfect on handheld or speakerphone

Posted via CB10
    11-13-14 11:12 PM
    If BBVE is still failing, it's not good. But It's also very strange that all the microphones didn't work at the same time. There is a small sticker in the frame under the battery. Can you tell me if it's white or red ?

Without the phone in hand and as it's weeks old only, I guess the only way to be sure that's not hardware it's to security wipe your phone or reload the OS with BlackBerry Link.
    11-14-14 08:20 AM