i still use the Q10 even though i've purchased a Classic.

as expected i have only used the Classic since last Saturday so i am still default to the touch screen. its not any faster than the Q10 maybe as it is new it 'appears' to be faster and/or to get things done faster. i can see the upgrade to 10.3.1 being a noticeable difference. 10.1 > 10.2.1 - like chalk and cheese

time will tell. 3+ days with the Classic versus 1 year on the Q10.
    02-03-15 02:05 AM
    I'll keep my Q10 at least until I see the Navy and Bronze versions of Classic.

Or until a pricedrop.

Posted via CB10
    02-03-15 03:39 AM
    I am keeping the Q10. But I will consider the Passport--IF AT&T ever releases it.

Posted via CB10
    02-03-15 09:02 AM
    Keeping my Q10 bec of its portability, incredible keys. Fast just dead on the spot on battery life. Classic is nice to look at. But that's it, i did also had 9900 and that was my all time favorite. Just so bad battery sucks and os is slow, however os7 is still more productive than 10.2/10.3
    Anyways, i will stick with my Q10. Classic is basically made intentionaly for bb users who misses the toolbelt. I do miss this function, but im already used to using gestures. Anyone who never had a bb before will also rejoice this phone. Just make sure they would buy the phone for known purpose "Communication" and not for watching video games and watching movies.
    02-03-15 11:43 AM
    I've removed myself from the the contest win a free BB Classic after reading the thread "Why I prefer the Q10 over the Passport & Clasick"

Battery swapping is just OFF THE HOOK when you have a smartphone!!!
    As long as BlackBerry keeps releasing phones without a removable battery AND a physical keyboard it's not for me
    02-03-15 12:10 PM
    I will keep my Q10 until it dies. And then, i'll see what are the BlackBerry smartphones with physical keyboard and removable battery available, and if there're none, i'll buy another Q10.

I only use my phone as a phone, I don't care if it's smart. My 9700 with OS 5 is still perfect for my needs and sometimes I feel guilty having the Q10 because it seems too good for me.
    hlg8888 and bbnrs like this.
    02-03-15 12:21 PM
    I only use my phone as a phone
    And as a texting machine since you love the pkb
    02-03-15 12:39 PM
    What's taking so long? Why can't BlackBerry release its new devices in the US? I spoke with my Verizon csr. He told me he thinks the Classic is coming this month or next. He thinks... What the hell is going on? How hard can it be for BlackBerry to roll 'em out in the US? It's 2015, both the Passport and Classic should be in US stores. Verizon users won't even get the Passport. Are we supposed to just keep our fingers crossed and hope the Classic actually shows up... someday soon?

Q10SQN100-2/10.3.1.1154
    02-03-15 12:40 PM
    And as a texting machine since you love the pkb
    Of course, and the Q10 is perfect for that. I can't imagine having a full-touch device ; when I use my girlfriend's iPhone I look like a 80 years old. With the physical keyboard it seems my words have more value, more weight. I'm not comfortable with the idea of everything being an interface.
    02-03-15 12:58 PM
    i'm keeping my Q10 in some ways it reminds me of my previous Bold 9700 - an incredible machine.
    really wanted to to go to the 9900, but i was tempted by android and then iPhone. i kept going back to the 9700 until traded on my Q10.

i agree with the 9700 as a communication device. emailing/sms call quality this was above all the best.

the Q10 gave me the opportunity to go back to my instant productivity and not get distracted. this is where my iPhone 5s comes - in for all multimedia.

Q10 = 1st for communication.
    iP5s = plaything.

Keeping my Q10 bec of its portability, incredible keys. Fast just dead on the spot on battery life. Classic is nice to look at. But that's it, i did also had 9900 and that was my all time favorite. Just so bad battery sucks and os is slow, however os7 is still more productive than 10.2/10.3
    Anyways, i will stick with my Q10. Classic is basically made intentionaly for bb users who misses the toolbelt. I do miss this function, but im already used to using gestures. Anyone who never had a bb before will also rejoice this phone. Just make sure they would buy the phone for known purpose "Communication" and not for watching video games and watching movies.
    02-03-15 02:30 PM
    i'm gutted for you that your provider verizon is dragging its feet.

at least you have the Q10

here in au, the Z10 was released on telstra and optus, followed up by the Q10, there was limited batch of the Z30, most imported. the Z10 was heralded as the new messiah, but after initial hurrah - by that stage android / iDevice ... it was very difficult to get market penetration. then came a long long wait for any confirmation of the Passport - on optus only. telstra - meh.

the Q10 made a brief appearance limited on telstra and optus.

and now the Classic - telstra only. with BIS gone - corporates have stuck with BES, BB in au is at best - maintains a foothold, but diehards - your truly included, will always follow their own path.

What's taking so long? Why can't BlackBerry release its new devices in the US? I spoke with my Verizon csr. He told me he thinks the Classic is coming this month or next. He thinks... What the hell is going on? How hard can it be for BlackBerry to roll 'em out in the US? It's 2015, both the Passport and Classic should be in US stores. Verizon users won't even get the Passport. Are we supposed to just keep our fingers crossed and hope the Classic actually shows up... someday soon?

Q10SQN100-2/10.3.1.1154
    02-03-15 02:45 PM
    The trackpad is nice for text editing but I prefer to use LibreOffice Writer on a PC for that purpose.

As for web, I mostly read stuff so I use Reader's mode A LOT and thanks God there's keyboard shortcuts to navigate through the article I'm reading (space to scroll down, shift+space to scroll up, T to reach Top, B to reach Bottom)

And you know what I like the best with Reader's mode, it actually scrolls the text perfectly: the last line becomes the first line after hitting space bar.

Anyways don't need a trackpad here

The trackpad could be useful for editing long text messages but I'm a man of few words (except when I'm emptying my heart on CB )
    whoopsydaisyjane likes this.
    02-03-15 03:07 PM
    I did buy the Classic, but the more I use it, the more I miss my Q10. Don't get me wrong, the keyboard on the Classic is fantastic and the larger screen is welcome, but there are a few things about it that to me are not as good as the Q10:

1. I don't use the trackpad or the toolbelt much (I occasionally use the back and hang up keys to minimize and close apps, but swiping is just as good). I just think they don't go very well with BB10. I feel like they get in the way of the BB10's gesture based experience (dual personality). Another thing, the trackpad is right where I normally start the swiping up with my thumb. It forces me to move my thumb to swipe from next to it, which gets annoying when you do it so many times a day.

2. The quality feels lower than the Q10. My Classic suffers from the light bleed and gap problems. Adding the plasticy feeling of the back cover, I don't get the same quality feeling as when I hold the Q10.

3. Q10 's form factor is hard to beat. Due to its size/weight, the Classic is not as comfortable to carry around all day in my belt holster case.

4. Not Classic's fault, but I don't like the 10.3.1's UI. I think 10.2.1 was better, specially the Contacts app, which I use heavily. I also just hate the big blue circle at the bottom, with half of it extending into the text area. I think it's just a stupid and annoying design - of course, that's just my opinion. If I go back to my Q10, I most likely won't upgrade to 10.3.1 when it becomes available. Most 10.3.1 features are not important to me.

So, I will continue to use the Classic for a while, but going back to my Q10 /Z30 combo (Q10 as the daily driver at work or when out and Z30 with its bigger screen for when I am at home) is looking better and better!
    Last edited by KR2013; 02-04-15 at 07:17 AM.
    playfoot likes this.
    02-03-15 06:35 PM
    Great post KR. I agree along all fronts.

I had the classic and thought I'd like it a lot having come from a q10 several years ago and having moved over to iphone land.

Bb10 is designed for gesture based actions. Trackpad is a crutch to get bold users ported over in a clumsy, marginalized manner. Q10 looks so much more modern in action and design compared to the classic because it is hobbled by the toolbelt.

Glass weave back is bespoke. The anodized black stainless allows it to age gracefully over time unlike the matte silver which looks plasticky when it isn't.

Q10 is the ideal size for accurate typing. Classic feels a little too wide for quick button presses.

Os 10.3 is designed for the bigger classic and passport screens so I too will not upgrade if I don't have to.

Q10 is a wonderful little thing. It is the best BlackBerry made to date.

Posted via CB10
    Senor Wright likes this.
    02-03-15 09:21 PM
    Went and played with the att passport...sticking with my q10. Passport is too big to use one handed really. And for what I do, I like the size of my q10. I think I am going to wait and see what blackberry has planned for 2015. And I'm still loving my q10 so I'm not in any hurry.

Posted via CB10
    02-20-15 08:14 PM
    I was interested in the Classic...until I found out it was essentially a Q10 and not on par with the Passport. I like the form factor of the Q10 and one-handed operation is a big deal for me, but if I'm upgrading I want an UPgrade. I'm sure there are many Q10 owners who will get the Classic. I'm not one of them.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 12:27 AM
    I don't need a bigger phone, I don't need a tool belt, I don't need a non-removable battery, I don't need less pixels.

Q10 for me.

10.3 would be nice, though.
    KR2013 likes this.
    02-21-15 07:26 AM
    2 years with my Q10...keeping till it quits.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-15 11:20 AM
    Keeping my Q10 and bold9900

I wont change until Blackberry release a phone that HAS A REMOVABLE BATTERY!

..... waiting and waiting....
    mushroom_daddy likes this.
    03-30-15 08:16 PM
    I have a Mint Q10 (att) that I'm selling if anyone is interested!!....(plug).....
    03-30-15 08:23 PM
    Sprint carries only the the Q10 (and Bold, though they no longer seem to list it on their website), and I've no intention of switching carriers.

... so will stick with the Q10.

Posted via Timex Sinclair 2068 Personal Color Computer
    03-31-15 07:58 AM
    Me. If I get a new device, it will be a Passport

Q10 10.3.1.2708
    04-05-15 05:14 AM
    I know it has been said many times, many ways, but as I went into my second battery change of the day Friday night, I was reminded just HOW much I like AND appreciate the ability to change out batteries at the time of my choosing without wires and spare battery packs....Simply marvellous. Carry one or two extra batteries, or drop an expired battery off at the office and pick up another, just to be safe is soooo convenient.

And before anybody says anything about a bigger battery in the Classic or that perhaps my Q batteries are defective . . . No, there are just days where I use my Q that much. Begin the day at 0500hrs, calls, emails, BBM, SMS, a little tethering, etc. End the day past midnight. I think I sent 80MB of emails on Friday.
    04-05-15 05:44 AM
248 ... 8910