I'm excited about the classic, but I'm going to need to see lots of reviews. Is anyone here flat out not interested in the classic and is going to keep their Q10???
    09-08-14 06:46 AM
    I'm more interested in the Passport, but if it's way overpriced, or has some other negatives that I'm not foreseeing, I'll keep the Q10 and wait for the Classic. Initially I was interested in the Classic, but when information about the Passport started to come out, I was (and am) much more interested in that. But I haven't written the Classic off completely. But the Q10 is still working just fine for me, so I'm not in a hurry to dump it either.
    leroytorner likes this.
    09-08-14 08:05 AM
    IMO the Classic would be a step back. It should have been released prior to the Q10. To ease the curve from the Legacy devices to BlackBerry 10. If the price of the Passport is out of control I will wait till it drops, or save up.
    Classic- if you are not familiar BB10 or you have a BB10 device and really can't deal without the "belt".
    Passport- if you are familiar BB10 and ready to move forward.

Secret squirrelling with my Q. ?C0001FE5D ?
    dawnjc79 likes this.
    09-08-14 08:25 AM
    I wouldn't say the Classic is a step backward, there are legitimate reasons for the belt, in particular the trackpad.

Wanting or wishing a modern day BlackBerry that uses BBOS - now that's a step backward.

We'll see how the Classic looks and feels in person before I make a decision. Right now, I'm torn on both - not sure if I'll need the passport, novel though it may be, and the classic might be too cheap feeling in hand, as the belt isn't critical for my uses (although it'd be nice to have).

#CB10 #Q10 #Darkhorse
    mighthor likes this.
    09-08-14 08:40 AM
    I'm going to keep my Q10 but it will be a backup phone to the Classic.
    09-08-14 08:44 AM
    If it's between the Q10 or the Classic, I'm definitely sticking with my new Q10. Am not longing for the trackpad or the tool belt, although I'd understand why some prefer it back.

I'll probably consider the Passport this time next year, when SRP hopefully goes down to half. The non-replaceable battery is a turn off as I've always leaned towards handsets with replaceable ones and with spare battery bundles. I currently use a Note 3 and a newly purchased Q10, both with spare battery bundles. Can't imagine going back to a handset with a non-replaceable battery, but at the right price, the Passport will be my next BlackBerry, with my Q10 as a trusty backup.

Posted via CB10
    hlg8888 likes this.
    09-08-14 09:25 AM
    I have a q now...want a classic when it comes out but I feel bad just getting rid of my q10 when there is nothing wrong with it and it works just fine. I've had it foor about a year now...

Will probably get uber jealous of everybody getting new phones and end up upgrading anyways ;-)

Posted via CB10
    09-08-14 09:35 AM
    Not me, less round, looks better, toolbelt, doesn't get much better than that it's a Q10 on steroids

Q10 Posted via CB10
    09-08-14 09:38 AM
    IMO the Classic would be a step back. It should have been released prior to the Q10. To ease the curve from the Legacy devices to BlackBerry 10. If the price of the Passport is out of control I will wait till it drops, or save up.
    Classic- if you are not familiar BB10 or you have a BB10 device and really can't deal without the "belt".
    Passport- if you are familiar BB10 and ready to move forward.

Secret squirrelling with my Q. ?C0001FE5D ?
    That's not true I'm completely comfortable with my Q10 but I just love the toolbelt and the overall look of the phone it looks a lot more premium than the Q10

Q10 Posted via CB10
    09-08-14 09:39 AM
    I personally would rather have the passport. I assume the classic is just like the Q10 but has a tool belt as a fan service. I'm patient enough to tap the screen a few times to get the right selection, rather than fork out hundreds more dollars for slightly more accuracy :P
    09-08-14 09:50 AM
    I love my Q10 - it's my first BlackBerry phone. I've never had the experience of using the toolbelt, but I have a feeling it will be a very nice feature to have. My only problem with the Classic is that from what I know it has the same specs as Q10. I don't want to use my phone upgrade for essentially the same phone. I'm hoping that BlackBerry does something to beef it up - faster CPU or more RAM, etc... If not, then I'll just get a different phone when it's time to upgrade. I will say, I have really enjoyed using my BlackBerry this past 1.5 years. It's quite the conversation starter when going out to bars - people seem surprised to see a BlackBerry in the wild.

Posted via CB10
    09-08-14 11:44 AM
    I'm a bit excited about the classic and passport at the same time. I love my Q10, keys are just a wonderful thing, the size of the device is just great enough and versatile. However without the trackpad. It's really hard to sometimes make corrections. Classic should had been the Q10 and should had been released 2 years ago. I still have my bold 9930, and boy that tool belt is great. I wish Q10 had the ability of what passport can do in terms of keys acts as a trackpad. Even if it didn't have the tool belt. I think having this tool belt is a waste of screen size. To get a classic is not an upgrade for me at all. The specs are so much identical to Q10. So why would I buy a classic that performs the same. It's more like just buying a new Q10. But to new consumers who haven't have a blackberry phone before. Will surely enjoy the fascinating physical keys of blackberry and it's tool belt. Passport on the other hand is new fresh and something a worth of try in my opinion.

" Initiated from my QNX10 "
    Mack Gans likes this.
    09-08-14 11:49 AM
    Definetly keeping it for now. Id love the passport, but the classic looks horrible to me. Not a fan of an acient toolbelt.

Posted via CB10
    09-08-14 11:51 AM
    I'm more interested in the Passport, but if it's way overpriced, or has some other negatives that I'm not foreseeing, I'll keep the Q10 and wait for the Classic. Initially I was interested in the Classic, but when information about the Passport started to come out, I was (and am) much more interested in that. But I haven't written the Classic off completely. But the Q10 is still working just fine for me, so I'm not in a hurry to dump it either.
    Diddo - Word for word
    09-08-14 11:51 AM
    I dont know. The Q10 has Glasswave back, removable battery, HDMI...and looks more 2014
    The Classic- nonremovable battery and the great toolbelt...but looks like a 2010 phone

Posted via Q10Bold
    09-08-14 12:11 PM
    Definitely keep my Q10! Really don't see the point of a toolbelt with an OS this good and smooth... For OS7 it was inevitable to use it, so I can understand the use of a toolbelt..

Point is, OS10 doesn't need a toolbelt

Posted using my Q10 (10.3.0.1052) via CB10
    09-08-14 12:13 PM
    Going back to the 7120, I've had Pearls, Curves, Tours, Storms, Bolds, Z10, Q10, Z30 and will get a Passport and a Classic. It's why I'm on CrackBerry...I'm addicted people.

"Fly Eagles Fly" | White Q10 on VZW from Philly
    09-08-14 12:27 PM
    If it ever becomes available in the US I'll get a Passport. The only improvement I see from the Q20 over the Q10 is BBOS 10.3, but that will be coming for the Q10 soon enough.
    09-08-14 12:55 PM
    My problem with my Q10 is the keyboard is a little to small for my big hands. Don't get me wrong I can type great but I can use the bigger size. The classic looks great. The toolbelt is an extra for me. And the passport looks so cool. I got to test the size of the devices before I can decide which one I'm get. So i'll be dropping the Q for a classic then probably a passport.

Posted via CB10
    09-08-14 01:06 PM
    I like the look but I really do maybe if the classic came out first I would definitely do the classic! I think that it will be a little backwards for me to go to the classic after the Q but that's just me and that's just now who knows lol
    09-08-14 01:07 PM
    I'm definitely keeping my q10. The classic seems a little too big. But I do like the tool-belt....That's a great feature in my opinion.
    09-08-14 01:09 PM
    LOL I posted the same thread last week buddy lol

Posted via Q10RR
    09-08-14 01:26 PM
    If we are assuming exclusive use of one device. i.e. you switch to the Classic and pretty much get of the Q10, then it may not be an option for some people on my carrier. But it's not just the Classic, the Passport would have to be excluded for the same reason: http://forums.crackberry.com/t-mobil...ssport-952206/
    09-08-14 01:53 PM
    Have never tried a physical keyboard but seem intriguing. I somehow like the tool-belt design wise. 1440x1440 and 581 ppi. Don't think BlackBerry could have made the Q20 from the start. I Get that the passport tops it but at the same time people will like ordinary size with a crisp display as well
    09-08-14 02:45 PM
    Wanting the blackberry passport! ,...but i love my blackberry q10. It's amazing what it does at rapid speed!

S.f. Giants/ s.f. 49'ers on my blackberry q10/ sprint-u.s.a.!
    09-08-14 02:51 PM
248 123 ...