Took it to Gordie's Cell Phone Repairs. A small upstairs shop in Thunder Bay ON. Dropped it off in the am. Picked it up at noon. Port repaired and is still A1. Just like the phone.

Posted via CB10
    12-23-18 10:37 PM
    Blueberry, I actually was in Thunder Bay a few years ago! Some pretty scenery out there, we enjoyed it for a few days before continuing to do the big circle around the lake. I wish I'd known about them while I was in town, could've been fixed ages ago... Oh well, I guess I'll just keep using my Q10 as is.

Just my $.02, YMMV ! ;-) sent via my Q10
    12-25-18 09:47 AM
    Blueberry, I actually was in Thunder Bay a few years ago! Some pretty scenery out there, we enjoyed it for a few days before continuing to do the big circle around the lake. I wish I'd known about them while I was in town, could've been fixed ages ago... Oh well, I guess I'll just keep using my Q10 as is.

Not being funny Scuba.... how about mailing it ? Would cross border really cost that much if no declared value.... I’m not being funny.... seriously....

It’s rare that shops exist as much from trust standpoint, unless you’re someplace that hasn’t been overtaken by the “cheaper to replace” syndrome.

I get that you could buy cheap on eBay, however, at this late stage, prices don’t appear to match value.
    12-25-18 10:02 AM
    It's not a trust issue as much as I can't live without my Q10 for the likely several weeks it would spend in transit plus repair time...

Martin Haughton likes this.
    12-27-18 02:04 AM
    It's not a trust issue as much as I can't live without my Q10 for the likely several weeks it would spend in transit plus repair time...

Sorry... I thought you’d gotten another BB10 phone...
    12-27-18 04:02 AM
    Actually I DID buy a Passport (you might recall the posts about the site pretending they were new in box shipping devices with multiple previous users) I haven't set up yet.

I want to be able to switch from my Q10 to the Passport but retain the ability to switch back to the Q10 by just moving the SIM card & microSD card back and forth.

Is this doable? I've seen posts that make it look like a number of people here switch between phones fairly often. I'd been about to post a thread since I'm wondering about how to clone the microSD card I'm using so I can upgrade it from a 32Gb class 10 to the new 64Gb U3 card since I have as many apps as possible installed to external memory instead of clogging up device memory...

12-27-18 08:15 PM
    Actually I DID buy a Passport (you might recall the posts about the site pretending they were new in box shipping devices with multiple previous users) I haven't set up yet.

I want to be able to switch from my Q10 to the Passport but retain the ability to switch back to the Q10 by just moving the SIM card & microSD card back and forth.

Is this doable? I've seen posts that make it look like a number of people here switch between phones fairly often. I'd been about to post a thread since I'm wondering about how to clone the microSD card I'm using so I can upgrade it from a 32Gb class 10 to the new 64Gb U3 card since I have as many apps as possible installed to external memory instead of clogging up device memory...

Your additional Colombo requests (just one more thing) makes this little more difficult, perhaps doable though. SIM card is possible with adapter sold on Amazon or such. Use Passport SIM inside the adapter for larger Q10 slot. Do not keep the empty adapter piece inside the Q10 when not in use as it will get stuck and damage the Q10 or Q10 contacts.

The SD card is something to copy from one card to another. Check and see if newer card is compatible in actual use. I’m not a fan of theoretical.

That’s all I have Lieutenant....
    12-28-18 06:54 AM
    me with it) for about 2 years

Posted via CB10
    12-28-18 08:11 AM
    Hey, you really dated yourself with that one! Of course since I instantly got it I suppose ditto for me! ;-) I enjoyed the show quite a bit and still check out a rerun every so often.

12-28-18 01:08 PM
    Hey, you really dated yourself with that one! Of course since I instantly got it I suppose ditto for me! ;-) I enjoyed the show quite a bit and still check out a rerun every so often.

MeTV is where it’s at. I’m 48 but I used to watch all the cop shows with Dad back in the 70s and I’ll watch for memories since he passed 16 years ago. Drives my kids nuts though...
    12-28-18 02:47 PM
    Just be careful and deliberate with the adaptor. My q5 sim pins used to get stuck all the time on the adaptor. Now I rarely use it with the sim. Make sure the sim is flush with the adaptor when putting it in the q10.

If it does get stuck, use thickened paper (like a cigarette package material) to slide in sim slot to separate pin to pull the card out. Be gentle.

Posted via CB10
    12-28-18 10:46 PM

I do this all the time, just about every week and no problems. I use a Noosy SIM adapter that has a backing on it. A dab of non-permanent glue stick just to make sure and that's it. Been doing it for years, no problem.

I believe you can just copy the SD card with a computer (I use the built in SD card slot and external USB SD card reader), I recall that was what I did. Otherwise just back up the Q10 and restore on the Passport.
    I dunno about apps being installed on the SD card. You can do that with BB10?
    12-29-18 06:21 PM
    I was just wondering who still uses a Q10

Posted with my favorite blackberry Q10
    I'm using a Q10 although I'm currently testing out the Classic. I prefer the Q10 because it is more compact and lighter. My requirements for a mobile device are: calls, sms and email so either device suits me. For that matter, so does my Bold 9780 which I've used since 2010. I needed larger keys so I've moved on to the Q10.
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    12-30-18 03:16 AM
    My Q10 is still running great. I had replaced the keyboard and the full housing in 2017 and it still looks new. The only issue I have is some screws that got lost during the replacement. If only I could get a dead blackberry somewhere and replace the old screws and the lost ones

Posted via CB10
    01-01-19 09:20 AM
    I was switching between a classic and q10 for awhile before giving the q10 to my brother and never used a Sim adapter in the q10. I've stories of ruined Sim card slots from both sides. I was just careful when putting the Sim in the q10 and taking note of where the Sim card needs to be positioned in the Sim card slot. After the first time doing it it becomes a quick Sim card switch. I have never had it move out of position either. Any way you go just being careful is the key here. I would switch the SD card along with it and the phones worked pretty well the same when switching between phones.

Posted via CB10
    01-01-19 11:33 AM
    Don't ever want to have to get another phone!! Ever!!

Posted via CB10
    01-01-19 07:34 PM
    Still in from 2013 and beyond.

Posted via CB10
    01-04-19 11:00 PM
    BB great interface nd still good for basic needs. Great experience still love it

Posted via CB10
    01-08-19 12:49 AM
    Team,

I'm on the Keyone and I hate it... the keyboard has too many bugs with it that BlackBerry won't address... I'd say that this device has a charm (with quirks) that is undeniable... all in all this is a true "communication device" I'd love to see a "throwback" but I'd say with the smaller screen, it would be unlikely. My next device, saddly, won't be a BlackBerry. As much as I'd miss the pkb..

Posted via CB10
    What bugs are you seeing on the K1? I have the K1 BE and don't really notice any bugs.

Posted via my Awesome Passport SE SQW100-4/10.3.3.2163 pin:2C33423A
    01-12-19 06:58 PM
    Picked up my Q10 after using the pixel 2 for a year. Funny how this small phone still gets all my needs met! Hope I can still use it in 2020

Posted via CB10
    01-13-19 02:52 AM
    I have three Q10 phones. All bought second hand here in the UK. One has a broken sim card holder but other two are ok. I have a replacement sim holder but I'm thinking that the procedure of replacing it will require some soldering? (if anyone has any advice it would be gratefully received).... I love the shape, size and weight of the Q10. It's like finding that perfectly shaped pebble on the beach that you just want to keep hold of.. so tactile.

Posted via CB10
    01-13-19 05:11 AM
    I am still using my BlackBerry Q10. It had some issues with keys and the volume up and down, mute and lock/power buttons are not working. I am still happy with this phone. It has got the perfect size and awesome camera. It has more features for regular use.

Posted from my BlackBerry Q10
    01-14-19 09:51 AM
    Am not a champion for OS 10 planned obsolescence (?).

Posted via CB10
    01-20-19 11:33 PM
    I have a replacement sim holder but I'm thinking that the procedure of replacing it will require some soldering?
    It does indeed, and some skill is definitely needed.
    01-20-19 11:44 PM
    I'm going to buy one just for the keyboard again currently using the z10.

Posted via CB10
    01-23-19 02:39 AM
240 ... 34567 ...