05-13-19 07:39 PM
240 1234 ...
tools
    It was the LG Dynasty. I know theres ways to lengthen the battery life on them by running less background apps- however the whole experience using it is one of bloat. I missed some important emails on the android too- using their built in email software.

Posted via CB10
    09-17-18 07:44 PM
    Not using anymore. It's time to move on.
    09-22-18 04:24 PM
    The KEY2 LE is a bit shorter than the KEY2 and 24g lighter than the KEYone, which is a huge difference for those compact / light phone fans
    09-22-18 04:48 PM
    I'm on the Q10 right now. I only single carry, it's the primary. Works great, including battery life.
    Those 'other' phones? Other than weak battery life, the other issue is reception. Happens all the time that I'm the guy with the best reception.
    One guy sits about 2m away from me, regularly comes over to ask if my signal is dropping in and out, same carrier (mine is typically full bars), he's got a less than 1 year flagship!
    Just last week, I was right next to another family member with iPhone. The call got autoforwarded to my BlackBerry because...well, they never got the call. Again, same carrier.

I'm gonna be using this until BlackBerry shutdown the BBID servers

Posted via CB10
    09-24-18 07:53 PM
    I agree with this. And I would add, that the hotspot function is better than other phones. I can not tell you how many times I am asked to turn on the function rather than use that of the other phones. Not to mention how easy it is from the shortcut pulldown menu.....

And don't get me started on the speaker phone function. . . . . Fabulous.
    09-24-18 10:37 PM
    I love that so many people still use the Q10

Posted with my favorite blackberry Q10
    09-25-18 12:22 PM
    Heh tbh I just started using q10 today!
    I'm a long time iphone 6S+ user and ios in general
    Really needed a physic kb.

Posted via CB10
    mithrazor likes this.
    09-25-18 06:02 PM
    I always loved the Q10 as it was on solid device that was very well built and fit into the hand perfectly. The keyboard was also excellent.

My only wish was that it had a stainless steel band on it like the 9900 and the Classic but that was address with the subsequent Classic launch.

I still have my Q10 and have it as a backup device but I look on my useage fondly.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-18 03:33 AM
    When/if you Q10 holdouts eventually move on to a DroidBerry (K1, K2, K2 LE) you'll be wondering how you dealt with such a small screen, slow processor and mediocre battery life for so long
    skrble likes this.
    09-26-18 05:27 AM
    My only wish was that it had a stainless steel band on it like the 9900 and the Classic but that was address with the subsequent Classic launch.
    In fact, it had a steel frame. It was just painted black. Check out this lovely blog post! http://blogs.blackberry.com/2013/04/...ry-q10-design/
    09-26-18 05:36 AM
    In fact, it had a steel frame. It was just painted black. Check out this lovely blog post! http://blogs.blackberry.com/2013/04/...ry-q10-design/

Yes, I guess I didn't phrase that well. It has an excellent metal frame and was built like a little tank, I always loved the look of the silver frames on BlackBerry devices. The look of the 9900 in the hand was the best in my opinion. It stood out on a table.

All this Q10 talk, I might have to fire it up for a little testing session!

Posted via CB10
    09-26-18 06:58 AM
    All this Q10 talk, I might have to fire it up for a little testing session!
    I do it rarely too. It doesn't even feel so old in certain aspects. Not usable anymore in my opinion, though.
    09-26-18 07:03 AM
    Are you sure about that?

Posted via CB10
    09-26-18 06:51 PM
    When/if you Q10 holdouts eventually move on to a DroidBerry (K1, K2, K2 LE) you'll be wondering how you dealt with such a small screen, slow processor and mediocre battery life for so long
    No, when I finally have to let go of my Q10, I'm going to be wondering how I'll get by without it. It's the right size, it's a pleasure to use, it's got great reception, it's reliable and easily carries me for 24 hours (longer than any of the flashy new iPhones & Android that surround me)

I have bigger, faster 'droids in the drawer which I never use. I marvel at how people deal with such a clunky interface or how they deal with the crappy reception or even how they carry the dang thing around in your pocket or what to do when the battery runs dry in the middle of the day and there's no way to pop in a slim replacement that fits in my wallet...

Posted via CB10
    09-27-18 01:54 AM
    Have to respectfully disagree.

Have used a sample. I find the large screen top heavy, unbalanced. It is does not fit nicely in my suit pockets. Difficult to use one-handed, and unlike one famous person, I have large hands. Early versions of the capacitive keyboard do not work for me in high humidity.

And with Blandroid, I do not like that fact, and this is confirmed by experts on this site, that it is not as polished as a BB out of the box. That is, must download applications and tailor to one's needs. I understand how that can be attractive. However, I do see it a bit like a car without brakes . . . Great if you want to install Brembo custom calipers, but so great not if you want to just drive off the lot and not worry about anything.

However, each must select the tool that answers their needs.
    Last edited by playfoot; 09-30-18 at 05:22 AM.
    09-27-18 07:31 PM
    Have used Q10 since 2013. Represents balance of comfortable size, pkb, and mostly important interchangeable batteries. It is not perfect but very close. Well worth the effort.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-18 01:22 AM
    Have to respectfully disagree.

Have used a sample. I find the large screen top heavy, unbalanced. It is does not fit nicely in my suit pockets. Difficult to use one-handed, and unlike one famous person, I have large hands. Early versions of the capacitive keyboard do not work for me in high humidity.

And with Blandroid, I do not like that fact, and this is confirmed by experts on this site, that it is not as polished as a BB out of the box. That is, must download applications and tailor to one's needs. I understand how that can be attractive. However, I do see it a bit like a car without breaks . . . Great if you want to install Brembo custom calipers, but so great not if you want to just drive off the lot and not worry about anything.

However, each must select the tool that answers their needs.
    Awww gimme a brake! ✌😎
    the_boon likes this.
    09-29-18 03:58 AM
    I bought a KEYone about three months ago. I tried to make it work, but it had numerous weaknesses that made it too unpleasant to use. I also own a Priv. I've tried to enjoy Android, but compared with BB10 it's just too slow, unrefined, clunky and quite importantly, impractical to use one-handed. Pair that with the size of both devices, which are inherently difficult if not impossible to use one-handed, and it's simply not a solution for me. I still have both of those Blackdroids and occasionally pull them out of a drawer, but they're not as good, not for me. I used a Classic for quite a while but grew tired of the bulk, which is when I moved to the Q10. This phone is the best phone I've ever owned, and it's five years old. It's the oldest daily driver I've ever had, but it's too good compared with what's out there for me to put it down. It's as close to an ideal phone as any phone I've owned. It's ideally sized and has an OS that's designed to be quick and usable one-handed. It's a fantastic device. I find it hard to imagine anything replacing it.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-18 08:22 PM
    Team,

I'm on the Keyone and I hate it... the keyboard has too many bugs with it that BlackBerry won't address... I'd say that this device has a charm (with quirks) that is undeniable... all in all this is a true "communication device" I'd love to see a "throwback" but I'd say with the smaller screen, it would be unlikely. My next device, saddly, won't be a BlackBerry. As much as I'd miss the pkb..

Posted via CB10
    09-30-18 08:53 AM
    Team,
    I'd love to see a "throwback" but I'd say with the smaller screen, it would be unlikely.
    Posted via CB10
    Don't be so sure. The credibly rumored Palm Pepito device, which TCL is apparently releasing soon, has a 3.3" screen and runs Android. The screen is about a 2:1 ratio, but at least it's a smaller one than what everyone else is pushing these days. If TCL is willing to make a screen like this, I consider it within the realm of possibility they'd make a square like the Q10's. Heck, if they just made the exact same screen again I'd be happy.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-18 10:49 AM
    Don't be so sure. The credibly rumored Palm Pepito device, which TCL is apparently releasing soon, has a 3.3" screen and runs Android. The screen is about a 2:1 ratio, but at least it's a smaller one than what everyone else is pushing these days. If TCL is willing to make a screen like this, I consider it within the realm of possibility they'd make a square like the Q10's. Heck, if they just made the exact same screen again I'd be happy.

Posted via CB10
    If that Palm device doesn't have a PKB, then I won't even look at it lol
    09-30-18 11:57 AM
    great, make it a bb and we're good!
    10-03-18 03:19 AM
    I still use a BlackBerry Q10. I even replaced my older Q10 which was fine. But had too much system memory used up from apps I deleted. I am simple. I like the one handed keyboard. And I can type extremely fast with two hands. I'm looking at moving to a Key2 now. My Q10 browser crashes and my text messaging freezes up , forces me to do a restart only to still have a text message freeze.

I took this photo of my phone from my Sonim xp6. I wanted to brag about how the govt still couldn't get inside one of Michael Cohen's Blackberry's (Trump's ex lawyer).

If I didn't have the text message problem I would probably try to ride this phone out until 2020. I have two of the extended Mugen 4300 batteries. I think I bought the very last one that exists on the planet for Q10's.

I primarily use my computer for most functions. And my phone for email, text, phone calls and reading News sites on my browser. I even stopped reading sites that were too resource heavy for my phone just so I could still find a daily use for it.

But with the browser having a crash and the text message sometimes freezing up I am looking at getting a Key 2 by the end of this month.
    Attached Thumbnails Who still uses a Q10?-cant-crack-cohen-blackberry.jpeg  
    10-04-18 11:19 AM
    awesomeness...
    10-05-18 06:15 AM
    Today, after April '14, I am back! Again, after dozen phones from Nokia 925, a lot of Android plastic craps and iPhone SE and 6, Q10 is again in my pocket! And even after only few hours I have realized how powerful tool it is

Posted via CB10
    10-07-18 04:38 PM
240 1234 ...