I tried BEOL but it was too slow and uncomfortable at operation.
    And I hate Android apk.
    What is good at BEOL?

Posted via CB10
    Pretty much all android browsers are slow to open. Doesn't matter which one you use as the android runtime has to initiate before the app can run and that is all just a part of a slower, older chip that BB10 runs on to begin with. Either you put up with a slower device or you move on. BEOL is a stripped down chromium browser with bookmarks and a nice url paste function. Try Kiwi browser also and experiment with others such as Brave, Yubrowser, firefox etc but you will find that they are ALL slow to open on these older devices.
    03-28-19 08:25 AM
    I mean,I just want not android. apk file browsers but BB10 .bar file browsers.but pre installed and browsie are too outdated.
    I want bb10 browser that matched for recent websites.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-19 08:16 PM
    I mean,I just want not android. apk file browsers but BB10 .bar file browsers.but pre installed and browsie are too outdated.
    I want bb10 browser that matched for recent websites.

Posted via CB10
    You won't get anything better on BB10. Unless there is a miracle we have reached the end with native browsers because all BB10 browsers use the same outdated and non-upgradeable webkit.
    03-28-19 08:23 PM
    Yup. I posted the link to the thread where fishlevel posts his updates in post #180 of this forum. The first post in that thread has the latest github link to BEOL that Brookie just posted again. (Thanks Brookie!).

Posted with my Classic, SQC100-3/10.3.3.3204
    I tried using the stock browser, Browsie and Zeuss browsers with no luck, getting error message saying my browser was no longer supported. I finally tried QBrowser & opened the page.
    So I managed to download the .apk file & it started to be installed. Then before it would finish it wanted access to my location! I thought this was a privacy oriented browser? I haven't given any apps access to location, much less one that I would be using in ways that would give away personal data. Is there a way to install it without giving away my location?

Just my $.02, YMMV ! ;-) sent via my Q10
    03-28-19 09:01 PM
    brookie

Do someones of the bb10 app developers(ex.CellNinja) render any of opensource browser code to native BB10 apps?
    Or,do someones screate a new original BB10 browser that compatible with today's internet world?
    What I want to say is those things.
    And why I want to say so is that I just want to use BB10 phone(Q10 or classic) for long time.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-19 09:38 PM
    brookie

Do someones of the bb10 app developers(ex.CellNinja) render any of opensource browser code to native BB10 apps?
    Or,do someones screate a new original BB10 browser that compatible with today's internet world?
    What I want to say is those things.
    And why I want to say so is that I just want to use BB10 phone(Q10 or classic) for long time.

Posted via CB10
    No and it cannot be done by any BB10 developer unless its BlackBerry itself.
    03-28-19 09:52 PM
    I tried using the stock browser, Browsie and Zeuss browsers with no luck, getting error message saying my browser was no longer supported. I finally tried QBrowser & opened the page.
    So I managed to download the .apk file & it started to be installed. Then before it would finish it wanted access to my location! I thought this was a privacy oriented browser? I haven't given any apps access to location, much less one that I would be using in ways that would give away personal data. Is there a way to install it without giving away my location?

Probably not. At this stage, you’re having to compromise to keep BB10 running..
    03-28-19 10:08 PM
    Why?Why they cannot?
    I think,it is not impossible if he or she had superior techniques of BB10 software developing.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-19 10:22 PM
    Why?Why they cannot?
    It's all about the $$$$$$$$$$$. Return on investment is NOT favorable. Sure, technically it could be modernized but there are not enough BB10 users to justify the costs of developing the browser to a modern standard.
    03-28-19 10:25 PM
    Why?Why they cannot?
    I think,it is not impossible if he or she had superior techniques of BB10 software developing.

Posted via CB10
    Certain aspects of BB10 will always be stuck in 2013-2015 and cannot be changed.
    03-28-19 10:27 PM
    brookie

hum...I understood.
    But I think,there are some of programming technicians who is amateur,who is doing programming just as hobby.
    I hope if they would create the newest BB10 browser or anything,or render opensource newest browser for BB10.
    Is it no hope?

Posted via CB10
    03-29-19 12:57 AM
    Anytime, shankar - glad that worked for you!

Hi Ragbert. I did what you suggested about using a different folder, and downloaded to the Android folder under MISC. Thanks!

Posted via CB10

03-29-19 03:20 AM
    scubafan, unlike native BB10 apps, which let you turn off permissions individually, Android ports use an all-or-nothing approach. One thing that helps me: I keep location services off on my phone, so there's nothing for apk apps to find, whether I say yes or no. Unless you use apps that require location services to be on by default, try turning them off in your phone's Settings. That should bring you some peace of mind when installing apps that try to access them. .

03-29-19 03:37 AM
    Smart idea Ragbert! I was already leaving location services off except for when I do Maps, but I was just trying to save some battery. Now I've got an even better reason...

Posted via CB10
    03-29-19 06:51 AM
    scubafan, unlike native BB10 apps, which let you turn off permissions individually, Android ports use an all-or-nothing approach. One thing that helps me: I keep location services off on my phone, so there's nothing for apk apps to find, whether I say yes or no. Unless you use apps that require location services to be on by default, try turning them off in your phone's Settings. That should bring you some peace of mind when installing apps that try to access them. .

I seem to recall that you could manage Android app permissions selectively using Ghost Commander or a permissions app that was created for Ice Cream Sandwich. Maybe my memory is playing tricks on me. I'll check when I get home from work.
    03-30-19 05:19 PM
    I seem to recall that you could manage Android app permissions selectively using Ghost Commander or a permissions app that was created for Ice Cream Sandwich. Maybe my memory is playing tricks on me. I'll check when I get home from work.
    You can possibly alter permissions with the android app Lucky Patcher, save the apk then install on a BB10 device.
    03-30-19 05:30 PM
    You can possibly alter permissions with the android app Lucky Patcher, save the apk then install on a BB10 device.
    The app that allows you to toggle (some) Android permissions is called App Ops.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    03-30-19 06:55 PM
    The app that allows you to toggle (some) Android permissions is called App Ops.

Yep, that's another one but I think you need a rooted android device to use it. Could be wrong about that.
    03-30-19 07:09 PM
    It seems to work on my Passport.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-19 07:11 PM
    It seems to work on my Passport.

Posted via CB10
    I stand corrected!
    anon(10512033) likes this.
    03-30-19 07:13 PM
    So is app opps on sites other than apkmirror? I looked there and both of the files said beta...

03-30-19 07:54 PM
    Ragbert, I could do that but on occasion I like to post or use the Gasbuddy app or check the local weather. So every time I wanted to do that it would be a pain. One thing I wasn't sure about is whether the app "phoned home" only when I actually open the browser or if it collected data all the time whether or not I opened it?

03-30-19 08:01 PM
    So is app opps on sites other than apkmirror? I looked there and both of the files said beta...

Idk. I've had it for a long time. PM me and I'll send you the apk.

03-30-19 09:00 PM
    Idk. I've had it for a long time. PM me and I'll send you the apk.

I think you need an older version - anything above ver 2.xx requires that you have android 5.0 and above. Maybe you have 1.9xxx or so?
    03-30-19 09:36 PM
    I think you need an older version - anything above ver 2.xx requires that you have android 5.0 and above. Maybe you have 1.9xxx or so?
    It appears to be 1.0.0.16
    03-30-19 09:47 PM
240 ... 78910