Till death do us part.
    Velocitymj likes this.
    03-17-19 11:04 AM
    I don't find the "app shortage" much more than a minor annoyance. What WOULD be a gigantic improvement would be to have a browser that didn't fail on so many sites by refusing to open the pages. Just that one thing would keep me happily using it forever! But even with this fault I still refuse to ever switch to android. I'll just make do without it.

To me, privacy is still worth more than convenience!

Just my $.02, YMMV ! ;-) sent via my Q10
    elfabio80 likes this.
    03-17-19 04:47 PM
    I don't find the "app shortage" much more than a minor annoyance. What WOULD be a gigantic improvement would be to have a browser that didn't fail on so many sites by refusing to open the pages. Just that one thing would keep me happily using it forever! But even with this fault I still refuse to ever switch to android. I'll just make do without it.

Its 2019 and I'm still using my Q10 now. And I agree the only improvement I would love to have is the modern browswer thats it. I got all the apps that I want. I never needed a world of apps because not only are you going to fit every app on the phone but you're not going to use every app on the market. If we can get that BB10 can honestly stay alive.

I refuse to go to Android. I'll go to either WP10 or Sailfish OS before I go to Android.
    03-19-19 11:58 AM
    Its 2019 and I'm still using my Q10 now. And I agree the only improvement I would love to have is the modern browswer thats it. I got all the apps that I want. I never needed a world of apps because not only are you going to fit every app on the phone but you're not going to use every app on the market. If we can get that BB10 can honestly stay alive.

I refuse to go to Android. I'll go to either WP10 or Sailfish OS before I go to Android.
    If leaving BB10 and wanting proper experience, I’d go to iOS, since at least it’s a closed ecosystem more similar to BB10 with proper support. You will find that all types of service providers in life are requiring compatibility. My 82 year old mother requires my brother and I to know handle certain appointment setting tasks because her providers make like difficult for people without technology.
    03-19-19 02:54 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1142073

The first post in that forum ^ has a link to the BEOL browser. See if that works for you - I love it. :-)

Posted with my Classic, SQC100-3/10.3.3.3204
    03-19-19 11:55 PM
    I have to agree about BEOL. It can be slow, especially with big websites, but that's with my Q10--YMMV. To me it's still worth it b/c with the native browser some sites won't load at all, or some features of the websites won't work, especially for filling out forms. I only wish BEOL would do bookmarks--typing in URLs is sometimes tough for my old eyes lol.

Posted via CB10
    03-20-19 07:26 AM
    From this year I'm using this device as my secondary device and an iphone se as a primary device. Still my Q10 is a beast in case of light using like texting and whatsapp.

Posted from my beloved Q10
    03-21-19 02:43 PM
    The BEOL dev chats in these forums as fishlevel. I don't know if he has had time to do any recent updates, but if you search for his username, you should be able to find a couple of threads where people have requested features for future BEOL updates. I know he has wanted to keep the browser simple so that it will continue to open the majority of website URLs thrown at it. But unless he has already rejected the use of bookmarks (please read what he has had to say so far first), you might be able to ask if bookmarking is on the roadmap.

I have to agree about BEOL. It can be slow, especially with big websites, but that's with my Q10--YMMV. To me it's still worth it b/c with the native browser some sites won't load at all, or some features of the websites won't work, especially for filling out forms. I only wish BEOL would do bookmarks--typing in URLs is sometimes tough for my old eyes lol.

Posted via CB10

03-21-19 11:14 PM
    I know he has wanted to keep the browser simple so that it will continue to open the majority of website URLs thrown at it.
    ^^^^THIS - I don't want to speak for the dev but he has said in the past that it will be simple and no excess of bells and whistles. I hope he keeps it that way.
    03-21-19 11:31 PM
    I only wish BEOL would do bookmarks
    It does do bookmarks - tap the overflow menu bottom right for Settings and Bookmarks.
    As a side-note, the auto-paste url feature is very nice when going from Native browser to BEOL.
    03-21-19 11:33 PM
    Totally agree, Brookie. That browser has been a happy surprise on so many occasions, when I had given up opening websites on my BB10 device. I have a fully functioning Firefox on my desktop if I need anything fancy, but it's nice just to be able to track an order or read an ebook on my phone, without needing a bunch of special tools.

^^^^THIS - I don't want to speak for the dev but he has said in the past that it will be simple and no excess of bells and whistles. I hope he keeps it that way.

03-22-19 12:47 AM
    Well how about that! I guess I hadn't needed any. And yes the auto-paste is very handy!

It does do bookmarks - tap the overflow menu bottom right for Settings and Bookmarks.
    As a side-note, the auto-paste url feature is very nice when going from Native browser to BEOL.

03-22-19 12:49 AM
    Oh yes..I see that now. Thanks brookie229. And I agree that it shouldn't get loaded up with a lot of features. It loads websites on BB10, and maybe a year from now it'll be the only one that does.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-19 07:59 AM
    I bought used Q10 at ebay and now I started to use this.I wanted to compare this with classic that I've already had.
    I think,Q10 is better than classic except the point of no trackpad.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-19 08:46 AM
    I went from using a flip phone in 2018 to a Q10. I really only want the phone for calls and texts. And I want it to fit in my shirt pocket. Other modern smartphones are too bulky to be a phone, yet too small for Internet and apps.

The only thing I don't like about the Q10 is there is no dedicated numeric keypad for dialing. I did like the large numeric keypad of the flip phone, but I can see that wouldn't work at all on here. That said, the dialing shortcuts are really handy and useful.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-19 12:50 PM
    I still have my black Q10 which I use as secondary. The only issue it has is some screws got lost when I had opened it while changing the case. have an android phone that I use mainly because of some apps for work. I intend to continue using the phone till it dies

Posted via CB10
    03-24-19 02:12 AM
    I went from using a flip phone in 2018 to a Q10. I really only want the phone for calls and texts. And I want it to fit in my shirt pocket. Other modern smartphones are too bulky to be a phone, yet too small for Internet and apps.

The only thing I don't like about the Q10 is there is no dedicated numeric keypad for dialing. I did like the large numeric keypad of the flip phone, but I can see that wouldn't work at all on here. That said, the dialing shortcuts are really handy and useful.

Posted via CB10
    Just FYI, while the Q10 is capable of doing Internet I run into more and more websites where I either have to add an exception for the device to allow me to access it or else it "protects" me from the site. This is because of out of date certification that the BlackBerry 10 phones no longer get.
    But I still very much rely on my Q10 to call, text & most importantly, keep me on time & task! So I live with the issues.

03-25-19 07:27 PM
    Before I can ask questions about using the browser, I need help with GETTING the browser! I tried both the stock browser & browsie but couldn't figure out which was the file I needed or how to download it. I would greatly appreciate it if someone can enlighten me so I can try the browser!

After that I can ask how the autopaste URL feature works & what makes it useful... ;-)

03-25-19 08:22 PM
    Before I can ask questions about using the browser, I need help with GETTING the browser! I tried both the stock browser & browsie but couldn't figure out which was the file I needed or how to download it. I would greatly appreciate it if someone can enlighten me so I can try the browser!

After that I can ask how the autopaste URL feature works & what makes it useful... ;-)

Here you go: https://github.com/jonathan-reisdorf...owser/releases

Just navigate to Github site above with your native browser and tap on the apk file for version 1.81.
    03-25-19 08:30 PM
    If you type a url into the native browser and it doesn't work for any reason, just tap on BEOL and that url will automatically be entered into the BEOL browser thus saving you more typing. Simple but a nice feature.
    03-25-19 08:40 PM
    Yup. I posted the link to the thread where fishlevel posts his updates in post #180 of this forum. The first post in that thread has the latest github link to BEOL that Brookie just posted again. (Thanks Brookie!).

Here you go: https://github.com/jonathan-reisdorf...owser/releases

Just navigate to Github site above with your native browser and tap on the apk file for version 1.81.

brookie229 likes this.
    03-25-19 11:14 PM
    So I tapped on this link:
    org.crossnode.bb10beol-1.8.1-release-arm.apk

It took me to File Manager. I tapped Downloads and hit Save. When I went back into Downloads the APK wasn't there. What am I missing?

Posted via CB10
    03-26-19 06:36 AM
    Try choosing another folder to save it in. I think *everything* shows up as if it goes through Downloads by default, but that's not its ultimate destination.

For instance, using your File Manager, try creating a folder inside Documents (not inside Downloads) called something like APK_files or similar. Now download the same file you tried to download before, but choose the folder you just created inside Documents. After downloading is complete, navigate to your new folder and see if the downloaded APK file is in it this time.

So I tapped on this link:
    org.crossnode.bb10beol-1.8.1-release-arm.apk

It took me to File Manager. I tapped Downloads and hit Save. When I went back into Downloads the APK wasn't there. What am I missing?

Posted via CB10

03-28-19 12:56 AM
    Hi Ragbert. I did what you suggested about using a different folder, and downloaded to the Android folder under MISC. Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    03-28-19 06:47 AM
    I tried BEOL but it was too slow and uncomfortable at operation.
    And I hate Android apk.
    What is good at BEOL?

Posted via CB10
    03-28-19 07:55 AM
240 ... 678910