Still is the best phone for me, I Love using it, even though it fell several times, I even threw it downwards on a concrete floor and it still didn't gave up on me, I Love this phone

Posted via CB10
    11-05-18 06:25 PM
    +1 here. Alongside Android phone for certain apps. But for basic tasks, emailk, text, calls I still prefer q10. Smaller, more ergonomic, keyboard shortcuts...it is getting slow, mainly browser, and if they had similarly sized (or 10% larger) Android version I would by one. But the Key series are too big for me.

Posted via CB10
    Martin Haughton likes this.
    11-06-18 06:06 AM
    Another problem I am noticing this year - since ATT killed 2G frequencies, and they are prioritizing LTE, regular 4G - HSPA+ or whatever you want to call it, signal is getting worse. And because q10 doesn't support voice over LTE, I often can't make or receive calls in area that has full LTE bars and strong Internet.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-18 06:13 AM
    Why would I not use my Q10? I have 225 apps and only use a few regularly. As I could not care less about facebook, instgram etc and use my phone mainly for work, this phone could last me forever. Frankly I don't give a damn whether some phone fashionista considers me or my device as passe. It fits nicely in my shirt pocket and just keeps on running. Just had the charging port changed and soldered for 70$. Ready until they no longer support OS10. I do like not being tracked every time I do a search or otherwise use the phone as well.

Posted via CB10
    Where did you go to have a new MicroUSB port soldered in?? That's the only fault on my Q10! Plus then I could go back to syncing it every few weeks both for backup & especially when I want to add a bunch of calendar entries! I'm getting along quite well with an external battery charger & two spare batteries (it's SO much faster to swap batteries vs charging it!) but I really miss being able to use my full size PC keyboard to add things to Outlook...

Are there any reputable places I could mail it to be fixed?

For those who are curious, I have the stand alone M$ 2007 suite and back before the port failed I had very good results using Outlook for calendar & contacts.

Just my $.02, YMMV ! ;-) sent via my Q10
    11-06-18 08:12 AM
    I have 331 apps on my Q10 with CB, Gasbuddy, Browsie browser, Wikipedia & QBrowser the ones I use daily or close to it. I primarily use the texting, calculator & weather apps that came built into the phone with all of the rest used sporadically when the need arises, such as the XE currency converter for the rare trips out of the US, ID3IOT to modify the properties of my music files, 9GAG when I want a laugh, a few white noise generating apps, emoji apps etc. Almost all came from BlackBerry World with a very few coming from the (no longer working) Amazon app store. I try to use native BlackBerry apps whenever possible over android ports but I don't know how to quickly tell how many of each I have on-board.

Besides Gas Buddy & one of the weather apps, ZERO apps on my Q10 have permission to access location. Zero can see contacts, calendar or texts as well. Privacy like that is why I never plan to own an android device! Other than the annoyance I have more and more often when the browsers refuse to allow me to access pages because of the outdated certifications I don't find my Q10 limits me in any way. The intuitive flow & made for business user attributes of BlackBerry 10 serve me better than anything else I've ever used. As long as I have my core functions I'm happy!

Martin Haughton and bbfanfan like this.
    11-06-18 08:32 AM
    but I don't know how to quickly tell how many of each I have on-board.
    Download AppNinja from BBW (a very nice native app). It will give you tons of info about the apps on your device including whether they are Native, Android apps or WebWorks apps. Nice UI also.
    11-06-18 09:05 AM
    Forgot that I've had that for a while! ;-) I'll check.

11-07-18 03:01 AM
    Using Q10 and Passport for mail, calendar, WhatsApp and telegram with no problems

Posted via CB10
    11-07-18 03:38 PM
    Yeah... I just ordered a KeyTwo. I bought a Q10 in 2013, left for the Passport. Then came back to Q10 after I broke my Keyone in February 2018.
    Unfortunately, it's software is too dated to use as my daily driver. I will miss BlackBerry 10. Good luck.

Posted via CB10
    11-27-18 09:39 PM
    Just bought a 2yr plan from TorGuard VPN, but haven't had the time to put it into effect on my Q10. Hope to have the time before the weekend though.

11-28-18 07:53 AM
    I defected to the iPhone years ago but never totally left BB. earlier this year I got my hands on a new T-Mobile Q10 dirt cheap and followed instructions to put more updated software on it. I also installed Amazon and the Playstore . I use my BB mainly for email -- I have lots of accounts. Right now I use it on wifi. The 2 main phones are an iphone and an android. Are there any working wifi calling/texting apps that anyone has gotten to work.
    11-28-18 09:24 PM
    I've used Skype to call to iOS, seems to work ok

Posted via CB10
    11-29-18 05:11 PM
    I loved my Q10 device, it was the perfect device for messaging and for that amazing feeling in the hand.

The only downside I saw with the Q10 was that I never loved the all black look. I always wanted a stainless steel frame that was silver, I wanted it to look like the 9900. It was still an excellent device.

The Classic built up on what a lot of people wanted the initial BlackBerry 10 keyboard phone to be.

Either way, for a lot of people a Q10 is a great little phone for some basic use.

You can stream some basic music via the apps or the browser at the gym over wifi, you can use it as a pure messaging device and calls and it makes a trusty backup device if your daily driver goes down.

It was also an amazingly solid device from a construction and quality perspective. It was screwed together with little screws, unlike the glue on the Classic. It felt like a totally quality device.

We will all look fondly on the device in the years and appreciate what it was.

Posted via CB10
    11-29-18 06:16 PM
    The silver frame is not that hard to do. Several of us have bought the silver bezel on eBay and swapped out the black one. It looks great!

Funny how I thought that the coolest thing you could do with the Bold 9000 was murder it out, but when they produced an all black Q10, I wanted a silver frame.

Posted via CB10
    Martin Haughton likes this.
    12-11-18 08:42 PM
    Q10 getting slow, do hard reset by removing the battery then check Storage and Access in Settings for App capacity, clear their caches. Also clear browser history, your Q10 should be good to go in 2019 given a new battery condition.
    12-12-18 06:28 AM
    I have 331 apps on my Q10 with CB, Gasbuddy, Browsie browser, Wikipedia & QBrowser the ones I use daily or close to it. I primarily use the texting, calculator & weather apps that came built into the phone with all of the rest used sporadically when the need arises, such as the XE currency converter for the rare trips out of the US, ID3IOT to modify the properties of my music files, 9GAG when I want a laugh, a few white noise generating apps, emoji apps etc. Almost all came from BlackBerry World with a very few coming from the (no longer working) Amazon app store. I try to use native BlackBerry apps whenever possible over android ports but I don't know how to quickly tell how many of each I have on-board.

Besides Gas Buddy & one of the weather apps, ZERO apps on my Q10 have permission to access location. Zero can see contacts, calendar or texts as well. Privacy like that is why I never plan to own an android device! Other than the annoyance I have more and more often when the browsers refuse to allow me to access pages because of the outdated certifications I don't find my Q10 limits me in any way. The intuitive flow & made for business user attributes of BlackBerry 10 serve me better than anything else I've ever used. As long as I have my core functions I'm happy!

Thanks for sharing the joy: AppNinja, ID3iot apps on Blackberry World app stocks!
    12-12-18 06:42 AM
    I just picked up a new white Q10 from Ebay UK for £55. Also a new battery for £5. £60 is about the price of a tank of gas for my car. :-)

Reasons: The Android/Google/FaceBook unholy Trinity of Slurps.

Work forced S*ms*ng phones on us then complained to me that I'd effectively locked out all the slurping apps with Netguard. :-) The S*ms*ng came with FaceBook embedded. Very naughty. Also my University migrated all the faculty to GSuite. There has been a minor revolt.

I see BBWorld is being euthanised in a few days, so that prompted me to buy an Elder-Berry and load up the Q10.

The other reason for the retrograde purchase is that the Q10 has the loudest speaker known to (wo)mankind. Terrific for voice calls in a noisy environment. I put a flip case on it for one-handed call answering. Just like a flip phone. :-)

My local telecomms flinger (Three UK) recently updated the cell near my home, so was also suprised to see HD calls appear on the Q10. A free bonus.

What do I use the Q10 for? Calls, texts, Outlook emails. BlueTooth to the car, and Tune-in radio. It excels at all of those. Plus three day battery life if I try hard enough.

I also use NFC tags, there's one in the car to turn on BlueTooth, another on my key-ring to SMS a message to work to tell them I'm on the way. These work well on the Q10.

Backed the thing up to the desktop. I hope the Q10 still works when BB ID is finally sent to the slaughterhouse.

When it dies I've got a couple of spare NFC-enabled Windows 10 phones on standby.

That's like weird, right?
    12-14-18 03:54 AM
    I just picked up a new white Q10 from Ebay UK for £55. Also a new battery for £5. £60 is about the price of a tank of gas for my car. :-)
    Where did you get your spare battery, and have you tested it?
    I have struggled to get a genuine replacement battery for my Q10, the last one I bought works as a top-up spare, but it definitely does not hold charge as well as the original battery (still in my Q10).
    I don't think that there are many, genuine OEM, NX1 batteries out there in the market place.
    12-14-18 05:02 AM
    I see BBWorld is being euthanised in a few days
    Still 1 year to go on that. Not a few days, lol.
    bbfanfan likes this.
    12-14-18 09:49 AM
    Where did you get your spare battery, and have you tested it?
    I have struggled to get a genuine replacement battery for my Q10, the last one I bought works as a top-up spare, but it definitely does not hold charge as well as the original battery (still in my Q10).
    I don't think that there are many, genuine OEM, NX1 batteries out there in the market place.
    Ebay UK. It appears to be genuine. Holding its first charge OK. The seller isn't listing any more thoough. £2.99 plus postage.
    12-14-18 10:19 AM
    Still 1 year to go on that. Not a few days, lol.
    My bad. :-)
    12-14-18 10:20 AM
    I bought NX-1 batteries from Amazon for around $8 USD, one as solo & the other came in a tiny external charger that doubles as a USB Charger for any device.

bbfanfan likes this.
    12-15-18 02:39 PM
    Still using mine to date.
    12-16-18 03:35 PM
    Love how it is a usable modern smartphone in such a small, efficient package. Seriously considering putting a sim card in mine for a while next year while I still can.
    12-19-18 02:14 AM
    8 months ago I changed carriers that would sell me the keyone... used it, hated the android portion of the phone- carrier demanded I keep WiFi enabled in order to stay network connected( I bought unlimited data package) so I dropped them thinking I could factory unlock the keyone- nope - carrier unlock yes, but will not connect to a CDMA carrier.... soooo bring back the Q10.. new Sim and month to month only- carrier would not let me purchase a plan on an old phone...... it's my daily driver w all I've used it for since 2013... now ebay purchased same phone on ebay for updated hardware- actual keys have letters and no scratches.... software glitches on BBM, clock and hub, I'm trying to work thru... love the platform and blackberry os.. easier to use- direct access and no confusing back door routing thru the apps like on a dumbdroid.... hoping I can use this for another year minimum!!!

Posted via CB10
    12-19-18 01:37 PM
240 ... 23456 ...