A little background on the devices I've owned in the past year and a half. Bold 9700 to an iPhone 4S to a BlackBerry Z10 and finally back to the roots, the BlackBerry Q10

Honestly, I must say that the Q10 has really impressed me. I liked the Z10 but it never really loved it. Personally I thought it was TOO BIG.

The look and feel or the Q10 is what drew me to it. IMO it's the best looking phone on the market. As I'm already familiar with BB10 having owned the Z10.. it was a breeze navigating through the OS. If any non BB10 owners are reading this thread, I strongly recommend this phone. Once you start using a real physical keyboard you'll realize how much you've really miss it. The predictive text on the Z10 is tough to beat, but it's also really good on the Q10 once you get used to it!

Posted via CB10
    alan510, edu3110, shief24 and 3 others like this.
    07-10-13 03:08 PM
    A little background on the devices I've owned in the past year and a half. Bold 9700 to an iPhone 4S to a BlackBerry Z10 and finally back to the roots, the BlackBerry Q10

Honestly, I must say that the Q10 has really impressed me. I liked the Z10 but it never really loved it. Personally I thought it was TOO BIG.

The look and feel or the Q10 is what drew me to it. IMO it's the best looking phone on the market. As I'm already familiar with BB10 having owned the Z10.. it was a breeze navigating through the OS. If any non BB10 owners are reading this thread, I strongly recommend this phone. Once you start using a real physical keyboard you'll realize how much you've really miss it. The predictive text on the Z10 is tough to beat, but it's also really good on the Q10 once you get used to it!

Posted via CB10
    I upgraded from an iPhone 4S, and I LOVE the Q10. It makes me more productive, and the HUB is amazing. The phone is awesome, and is a culture shock to both past-BB owners and new alike! The fact of the matter is, there are people who nitpick anything wrong, just because. I personally see nothing wrong with this phone, and the fact that the OS is THIS SMOOTH AND AMAZING, as the FIRST rendition of OS10, then I cannot wait for future updates.
    SoloShaBerry likes this.
    07-10-13 03:14 PM
    AGREE! The OS is crazy smooth. Even with 8 apps open! The HUB is just convenient plain and simple!

Posted via CB10
    SoloShaBerry likes this.
    07-10-13 03:28 PM
    AGREE! The OS is crazy smooth. Even with 8 apps open! The HUB is just convenient plain and simple!

Posted via CB10
    Many are complaining of fewer features on the OS, and while some I agree with, I am mind-boggled by the fact that this is a totally new from the ground up OS and it's still so good.
    07-10-13 03:45 PM
    I love the phone too. It's the best phone I've used in a long time. It brings me back to falling in love with the 8900.

Q10
    CarGuy1368 and SoloShaBerry like this.
    07-10-13 03:46 PM
    I love it.
    Upgraded from a 9900.
    I was expecting an improvement, but I was surprised how much better it really is.
    Not just the OS. The camera is worlds better, the battery lasts a full day (every day), the screen is huge in comparison, I use the hdmi port, front facing camera is a nice addition, and the glass weave back looks and feels like money.

The only thing I miss is the charging contacts on the bottom of the 9900. BlackBerry, please bring these back on the next phone!
    07-10-13 03:49 PM
    love it as well ... have had it for two months .... no idea why anyone would hate it .... unlike some I don't waste money on a phone to
    watch movies or play games .... just stupid that's why I have a laptop .... the Q10 is great easy to type .... have your Iphone , look hip
    holding it .... I have a phone to use as a tool not a toy .... only apps I miss is TSN and a native GoogleMaps ....
    SoloShaBerry likes this.
    07-10-13 03:53 PM
    Many are complaining of fewer features on the OS, and while some I agree with, I am mind-boggled by the fact that this is a totally new from the ground up OS and it's still so good.
    It's mostly customization.. even though some people might miss these things, I'm sure that they don't miss the old Internet browser or the overall slowness and several other things. What you get with BB10 is uncomparable with what was left out from BB7 IMO.

Posted via CB10
    07-10-13 03:54 PM
    I love my Q and I've owned all the top phones from Apple / Android over the past few years. I feel like this is the phone I've been searching for.

Posted via CB10
    07-10-13 04:35 PM
    As for OP, many of the features that most Legacy BB users miss are predicted to be coming back in future updates, from 10.1.0.4xxx to 10.2 (at least some of the more simple ones, like speed-dial keyboard shortcuts)
    07-10-13 04:46 PM
    Yes! This!

I loooove my Q10.

Since I work in software, I know what a "first release" tends to be like (especially when hordes of people are breathing down your neck to get something released!) versus something that has had time to mature and be thoroughly field-tested.

I'm pleased as punch with how "polished" it is for essentially a Generation-1 product in its infancy! Yes, many features are minimal compared to OS7, and some are just plain missing... But ask yourself this:

If in January BB had announced that BB10 was going to be delayed yet again because:
    * They didn't have 1-press speed dial working yet
    * There were only a few basic profiles, and no serious customizations available yet
    * Insert list here of other gripes I'm hearing about BB10 vs OS7

...what would your response have been to that announcement?

Would it have been
    (1) "Oh, hell no, that is completely unacceptable, get your **** back to R&D and make me a REAL product that is completely polished and perfect in every way and replicates every little feature of OS7"?

Or would your response have been
    (2) "We don't care! Give us BB10! Now, now, now, we want it now! We will just have to live with those feature gaps until we can get them later in a software update!"

Every time I run into something that annoys me on BB10, or isn't as detailed as on OS7, I ask myself what my response would have been if I'd known in advance that feature had shortcomings or was completely missing.

So far, my answer continues to be "I can live with it for now", because by gosh I at long last have a freakin' BB Q10 in my hands!

But your mileage may vary. Though based on much of what I read on CB in the months leading up to BB10 finally making its way to us, many other people would also have chosen the "gimme now anyway, I'll deal with it" route.

Just my $0.02 USD.
    07-10-13 06:21 PM
    Going to be honest, the transition stage between the 9900 to Q10 had me disliking the Q10 at first, but after a while, you begin to really appreciate how intuitive the OS is and you start to love it. If it's not in my pocket, or in my hands it is literally always within arms reach. Love my Q10.
    neefer, zeteo and SoloShaBerry like this.
    07-10-13 06:24 PM
    Good points neefer! I just hope that they actually DO fix a few of these gripes in the OS over time - by the end of the year would be nice. Especially the profiles.

Still, all said and done I am VERY happy with my Q10 and don't regret the purchase for a second - the OS is just so far ahead of anything else on the market today and crazy smooth.
    neefer and SoloShaBerry like this.
    07-10-13 06:29 PM
    I love the phone too. It's the best phone I've used in a long time. It brings me back to falling in love with the 8900.

Q10
    That was my favorite BlackBerry and it was also my first. The Q10 might be just enough to beat it though! Still not sure

Posted via the super amazing BlackBerry Q10
    07-10-13 06:36 PM
    I am only on my 2nd day of ownership, but I can say I am very, very pleased by my Q10.
    07-10-13 07:03 PM
    That was my favorite BlackBerry and it was also my first. The Q10 might be just enough to beat it though! Still not sure

Posted via the super amazing BlackBerry Q10
    Was my 2nd. Had the 8100, 8900 and the 9700 next and have 2 9900s still. The Q10s feel like it's what the 9900 should've been.

Q10
    07-10-13 07:28 PM
    I love my Q and I've owned all the top phones from Apple / Android over the past few years. I feel like this is the phone I've been searching for.

Posted via CB10
    I completely agree, this IS the phone I've been looking for.

Love my Q10
    jesuswasemo and SoloShaBerry like this.
    07-10-13 07:29 PM
    I definitely have issues with the OS and things I would like to see fixed or added, but overall, I am very much enjoying the Q10. It's super smooth, and the hardware is downright perfect. Once they fix the few issues I have with the phone, it'll definitely be what I would consider the perfect smartphone. It already has the hardware to earn that title, just needs the software to catch up to it.
    zeteo and lyles like this.
    07-10-13 07:31 PM
    I really like my Z10, and thought the keyboard was great - even though I would always seem to get an "I" when I wanted a "U" and vice-versa and that made me be more deliberate in my typing. But two weeks with the Q10 and I've decided to sell the Z10, I just don't think I'll be using it...the Q10 just feels right...I have an iPad mini and a Kindle Fire HD that I connect via mobile hotspot to serve my big screen and mainstream app needs, while the Q deftly handles all of my communications and information needs.
    07-10-13 07:32 PM
    I am absolutely in love with my Q

Posted via CB10 from White VZW Q10
    SoloShaBerry likes this.
    07-10-13 07:35 PM
    I kept my 9900 activated just in case.
    But I just can't seem to put down the Q.
    I too at first had that sinking feeling the first few days with the Q.
    But now I don't know how I've gotten on with out it.
    It's making me so lazy though! I've taken to composing emails making calls and text using voice control.
    Just press the button on the ear piece and voice control is automatically launched, then just dictate away.
    It truly is an awesome device.
    It's the first BlackBerry that battery life doesn't dictate my use.

Posted via CB10
    SoloShaBerry likes this.
    07-10-13 07:43 PM
    The Q is a beast!

Posted via CB10
    rudyalexc and SoloShaBerry like this.
    07-10-13 07:57 PM
    Really liking mine the more I get use to. Can't wait to see improvements in OS updates.
    rudyalexc likes this.
    07-10-13 08:35 PM
    Despite the minor hiccups! I actually quite like and am happy with the device! The accuracy of using the keyboard typing is far supior to the terrible touch screens of the prior android device!

What I don't like is my calendar events disappearing and BlackBerry link having connectivity issues! The last link attempt to my computer caused some of my calendar entries to dissappear. I am in business and losing appointments also caused me to lose $$$! So I'm def not happy about that!

Posted via CB10
    07-11-13 02:13 PM
    Me and Q tied the knot on June 13 and have been extremely happy. Tiny hiccups here and there but nothing can break us apart.

Posted via CB10
    07-11-13 02:22 PM
104 123 ...