As the title says, she is in love with it, plus the fact that she can side-load her fave apps makes it awesome!

She's coming from an iPhone as well, and will be using it as an iPod.

She wants to get a white, and for her sake and mine, what is the true difference? I want white users to post here what they have had problems with on the phone themselves (aside from OS features). Does it truly get dirtier? Etc.

Thank you
    tetonica likes this.
    07-16-13 11:28 PM
    As the title says, she is in love with it, plus the fact that she can side-load her fave apps makes it awesome!

She wants to get a white, and for her sake and mine, what is the true difference? I want white users to post here what they have had problems with on the phone themselves (aside from OS features). Does it truly get dirtier? Etc.

Thank you
    I've seen a number of white phones over the years, and with the exception of a couple of mechanics, most folks seem to keep theirs pretty white.
    07-17-13 12:11 AM
    I do not have a white Q10, but the back is different. The black one is made of this new Woven-Glass material, it is coated with some sort of soft-touch stuff, which improves the grip of the device.
    The white Q10 however uses standard plastic, which is just textured to improve the grip. Less elegent than the black variant IMO, also it is a bit more slippery. If you know the white Z10, you'd get an idea what I am talking about.

In all other aspects, there is no difference. They share the same software, hardware, specs, display, etc. It is just a different shell.

Posted via the awesome Blackberry Q10
    07-17-13 12:13 AM
    If anything white hides dirt more so compared to black, same goes for black and white cars. White also can hide scratches easier.

If you scratch a white phone chances are it's something white underneath, if you scratch a black phone it has a good chance to show white underneath aswell.

Posted via CB10
    07-17-13 12:49 AM
    Thank you all for your replies The biggest concern was the dirtiness factor. She will get the white one regardless :P
    07-17-13 12:58 AM
    I have a white Blackberry Q10 and like it. I purchased it because most phones I see are black and I like the white colour which makes it stand out. Also at the time that I got the white phone, Rogers in Canada had it as an exclusive but I've heard that Rogers no longer has the exclusive on the white Q10 in Canada.

I've never tried the feel of the black Q10 and my white Q10 is in a coloured case so the only white part showing is the front of the phone. In terms of dirt and scratches, all my phones have been in cases so I can't really comment on the dirt factor however as on of the other posters wrote, depending on the dirt, dirt that can't be cleaned off the phone will probably show up more on a white phone than a black phone, however scratches will probably show up more on a black phone than a white phone.
    rudyalexc likes this.
    07-17-13 01:42 AM
    I had a white 9900 as well as a black one, and the little piece of plastic under the space bar (usually with the carrier logo on it) got dirty on the white one, from being in my hand and probably from my cheek touching it a lot over time.

Now that I have a black Q10, I see that the material on that little strip looks to be the same as it was on the 9900.. which means white Q10s might get dirty there as well.. with the 9900, I ended up buying a replacement piece for a couple dollars on eBay. It's adhesive on the back, essentially like a very firm sticker of plastic, so you or your gf could always do that..

Posted via CB10
    rudyalexc likes this.
    07-17-13 01:47 AM
    Thank you again guys She won't be driven away from minuscule problems with easy solutions, so even a cheap replacement part won't steer her determination to get the white one
    SK122387 and JRF_1986 like this.
    07-17-13 01:54 AM
    I have a white one. I managed to make a permanent scuff on the back edge pretty early on... : (

Posted via CBQ10
    07-17-13 05:50 AM
    my girlfriend has a white one, doesn't get dirty at all (she also keeps it in the leather pouch), only thing i've noticed is the back is different and seems a bit slippery compared to the black back.
    07-17-13 08:10 AM

Thank you
    I initially had two different white Q10s for the first week or so and switched to a black one when I had to exchange the second one as defective as well. While I'm not really partial to one color or the other, I noticed a difference in quality between the two devices. The backing on the black version seems to be better quality and has a different feel. The other (big) difference for me was the way the keyboard felt while typing. I noticed it right off the bat. The keys on the white version seemed stiff and typing on the black version felt so much more comfortable.
    07-17-13 11:16 AM
    Congratulations! For over a month using a Q10 I am convinced it is the best qwerty smartphone ever! Actually I'd love to get my girlfriend to move to a BB10 device (she's using my old Bold 9900) but she's not interested (at least for now )
    07-17-13 11:23 AM
    Maybe it's just an illusion but if you hold a white Q10 next to a black Q10, the frets look like plastic on the white one and steel on the black one. Again, I know they're the same material, but it just looks different. I had a white one for 13 days and then swapped to a black one. Was extremely happy with both. Just preferred the black one. She'll love either phone.

Verizon BlackBerry Q10
    07-17-13 03:14 PM
    Maybe because of the contrast the black has with the silver vs. the white and silver

Sent from my BlackBerry Q10
    07-17-13 09:05 PM
    Thank you again guys She won't be driven away from minuscule problems with easy solutions, so even a cheap replacement part won't steer her determination to get the white one
    Hey! I'm currently using a Z10 and am looking to buy a Q10 for work. I wanted a white one, so decided to scan the forums for info on how dirty the keyboard could get. How has your Q10 held up? I work at a warehouse and I do get my hands dirty, although I'm constantly washing them. Also, I love the way my Z10 "suggests" words that I can swipe up and it writes them down. Does the Q10 have anything similar?

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    10-23-13 11:24 PM
    I'm a little confused. In the same post, you say she can sideload her favorite apps, then you say she is coming from an iPhone. Umm, dude, BB10 can sideload Android apps, not ios apps. Am I missing something?
    10-23-13 11:42 PM