I have waiting to long but the new games always arrive for z10 and z30 only..does q10 in ignore?
    11-14-13 11:29 AM
    It's the resolution. Many of the games just don't scale. Some do, but many don't.
    11-14-13 11:57 AM
    It's the resolution. Many of the games just don't scale. Some do, but many don't.
    So what do people play with on their Q10? Not even Jetpack Joyride or Run In Crowd? I would assume that with lack of good games, anyone who makes a decent game is in for good amount of profits since there is no competition.
    11-14-13 12:02 PM
    Nowadays games are better played on larger screen, maybe that's the reason developer cater to z10 n 30

Posted via CB10
    11-14-13 12:07 PM
    Nowadays games are better played on larger screen, maybe that's the reason developer cater to z10 n 30

Posted via CB10
    I don't know man, Nintendo DS did pretty good for it's tiny resolution and small screens, and honestly the Q10 resolution is not smaller than some of the android devices out there, it's just Taller/Wider, anyway you put it.

720 x 720 on Q10
    vs
    480 x 720 on last generation of android phones, and they got bunch of games they can run.
    So ideally, Q10 / Q5 should be able to run those games with black bars on sides or top/bottom.
    I guess it is an OS problem.
    11-14-13 01:00 PM
    So what do people play with on their Q10? Not even Jetpack Joyride or Run In Crowd? I would assume that with lack of good games, anyone who makes a decent game is in for good amount of profits since there is no competition.
    I have Run In Crowd on my Q10, no Jetpack Joyride though. I would say it's definitely a resolution thing. I have quite a few games on my Q10, I never really play any except for Run In Crowd every now and then.
    11-14-13 01:23 PM
    I have Run In Crowd on my Q10, no Jetpack Joyride though. I would say it's definitely a resolution thing. I have quite a few games on my Q10, I never really play any except for Run In Crowd every now and then.
    Also, think about it, all previous BB7.1 phones had pretty cool games, why can't those developers port the same games to Q10 and even make them "exclusive to Q10" just spin it that way to make it sound more appealing. BBRY is really sleeping on this department.
    11-14-13 01:32 PM
    Also, think about it, all previous BB7.1 phones had pretty cool games, why can't those developers port the same games to Q10 and even make them "exclusive to Q10" just spin it that way to make it sound more appealing. BBRY is really sleeping on this department.
    That isn't. Up to bbry, that's up to the inidivdua devs and fwiw I don't think it is as simple as an android port to bb10 I believe for a bbos to bb10 port/conversion, nothing short of a complete code rewrite will do since bbos was essentially java iirc.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-13 07:06 PM
    Maybe time for an iPad mini retina for them games on the go? I have an android tablet but I'm not a big gamer anyways. Still, sorry to see bb10, Q10 neglected in this department compared to ios android.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-13 07:19 PM
    u always have solitaire lol

Posted via CB10
    11-15-13 01:12 AM
    u always have solitaire lol

Posted via CB10
    I'm holding out for the delux two person version

Posted via CB10
    11-15-13 10:02 PM
    Some people actually WORK on their phones.

Posted via CB10
    rambo47 likes this.
    11-16-13 12:11 AM
    Some people actually WORK on their phones.

Posted via CB10
    I am sure you are a very successful business man who makes millions.
    11-16-13 01:00 AM
    Cut the Rope works very well on the Q10. I also enjoy Polar Slide and bubble-busting games. Haven't tried Minion Rush, but I heard it's good. Still waiting for a reasonable facsimile of Brickbreaker - it would work very well on a square screen.
    11-16-13 11:25 AM
    What happens when 10.2 comes out and we can directly install Android apps? Will we just have to test them due to Q10 resolution and screen size?

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 12:04 PM
    Anyone try the new Pac-Man and Galaga games on their Q10 yet?
    11-16-13 10:32 PM
    I don't know man, Nintendo DS did pretty good for it's tiny resolution and small screens, and honestly the Q10 resolution is not smaller than some of the android devices out there, it's just Taller/Wider, anyway you put it.

720 x 720 on Q10
    vs
    480 x 720 on last generation of android phones, and they got bunch of games they can run.
    So ideally, Q10 / Q5 should be able to run those games with black bars on sides or top/bottom.
    I think the ratio is a factor here. Any game scaled down from a "wide screen" to a square screen is going to be tiny, just like videos are.

I'm assuming it takes a lot more programming work to make a square version rather than scale down on a wider screen. Thats why the games are good on the Androids but not BlackBerry 10.

Games aren't designed for square screens (because how many are really out there), so I would think that's the problem.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 10:41 PM

720 x 720 on Q10
    vs
    Not to take the thread off-topic, but...

Yep. DS is awesome. I'm buying my brother's 3DS just because it's so awesome. And so I can play The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds. Nintendo makes the best games ever.

This is my desktop background. It's a screenshot of a preview video for the game.

Where Are the Games for Q10?-legand-zelda-link-between-worlds_2.png

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 10:47 PM
    I've been playing asphalt heat for months on my Q10, great game and graphics. The square screen orientation works quite well for a racing game.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 10:52 PM
    I've been playing asphalt heat for months on my Q10, great game and graphics. The square screen orientation works quite well for a racing game.

Posted via CB10
    There's one caveat about that game though... it takes a whole FIVE minutes to load the game, and +2 minutes to load each race. And you have to stay in the game, otherwise it doesn't load.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 11:04 PM
    Not to take the thread off-topic, but...

Yep. DS is awesome. I'm buying my brother's 3DS just because it's so awesome. And so I can play The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds. Nintendo makes the best games ever.

This is my desktop background. It's a screenshot of a preview video for the game.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	The Legand of Zelda - A Link Between Worlds_2.png 
Views:	183 
Size:	466.9 KB 
ID:	221596

Posted via CB10

Already pre-ordered 2 months ago, 5 more days....... I hope NewEgg ships it 1 day before it's released so we can get it on the release day.
    11-17-13 01:00 AM
    There's one caveat about that game though... it takes a whole FIVE minutes to load the game, and +2 minutes to load each race. And you have to stay in the game, otherwise it doesn't load.

Posted via CB10
    Very true, the graphics intensity causes the load time I think, the actual file size of the game is huge also.

One good trick is if you're going to pooch a race, just quickly swipe up and minimize the frame then reopen it, you then get an option to restart that race without the need to reload again.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-13 09:06 AM
    Very true, the graphics intensity causes the load time I think, the actual file size of the game is huge also.

One good trick is if you're going to pooch a race, just quickly swipe up and minimize the frame then reopen it, you then get an option to restart that race without the need to reload again.

Posted via CB10
    You could also just press Q to pause the game, then press restart. There are other shortcuts too.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-13 11:50 AM