Hello, long story short; after upgrading to 10.3.1 I was very unhappy about battery life and multiple glitches. I waited about a month to see if it would improve to no avail, I used autoloader to go back to 10.2.1.2141, which after doing a little research, turned out to be the best version of 10.2.1.

I used the link backup tool to back up my media and settings, but nothing else as I wanted a fresh app install. However after restoring my device my contacts are no where to be found.

Fortunately I had copied the whole phone to my hard drive just in case something like this would happen.

Kind of a long story after all, I just need to know what folder or file I need to copy to my file to restore my contacts.

Thank you.
    05-24-15 10:45 AM
    Your contacts are not stored in a user accessible file (and you wouldn't want them to be -- it would be too easy to corrupt the whole file.) There are ways to export and backup (or sync) your contacts separately, but it doesn't sound like you did that.

Fortunately your contacts would have been backed up by Link as part of your Settings and you can do a restore of only your Settings from Link.
    05-24-15 05:30 PM
    I cannot sync my settings or contacts due to them being on 10.3.1 and I'm currently running 10.2, at least that's what BB link is telling me.

So I used autoloader to put in the newest version of 10.3.1 and am now able to restore my contacts... I will give this fresh install a little time to see if its any better, not only was my battery life TERRIBLE but I was also getting a lot of glitches.
    Sometimes my text message screen would just lock up for 20-30 seconds, other times I need to reboot my device for them to come back.
    I would also lose my signal once in a while for no reason, sometimes for 20-30 seconds and same as above, other times I need to reboot.
    Things that never happened previously.

I'll give this clean install a couple days and see if its any better, but if its not, how can I sync my contacts from 10.3 to 10.2?

Thank you.
    05-24-15 06:37 PM
    Probably the simplest method is to backup your contacts to your SIM card: Copy contacts to and from your SIM card - How To - BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone - 10.0.0

Even better is to regularly sync (and therefore backup) your contacts to Outlook or GMail:
    Google: https://support.google.com/a/users/answer/4574657?hl=en
    Outlook with Link: How to setup Contacts & Calendar sync using BlackBerry Link 1.1.1 for Windows | Inside BlackBerry Help Blog
    05-24-15 08:22 PM