I see where WhatsUp10 is touted as a replacement for WhatsApp with BlackBerry devices.

1) How does it work?

2) Does it work easily with other users who have WhatsApp?

3) Any other comments, please?

Thanks!

. . . . . Pete
    06-29-17 10:23 AM
    I use both and WhatsUp works fairly good all things considered, you can receive all kinds of media but cannot send any kind of media, contacts won't sync so manual adding is unavoidable, as a messaging app it works . From my point of view a plus at this point while using it in BB OS10 is the ability to make and/or receive video calls.
    06-29-17 12:10 PM
    Ray, thanks!

Do you download the WhatsUp10 app directly to your phone using the phone browser? Or otherwise?

Does it communicate okay with the other person's WhatsApp? Or does the other person have to have WhatsUp10 also?

. . . . Pete
    rayporsche likes this.
    06-29-17 12:29 PM
    Yes Pete you use the browser to download the apk. The communication is pretty good with every Whatsapp version available but remember the current limitations and the fact that the native or kinda of native Whastapp BB OS10 support was extended until the end of the year so it also works pretty good minus the video calling that would be possible with WhatsUp.

I ended up installing the GBWhatsApp version apk and followed the 'media sending fix' described here in the forums and everything just works including video calls.
    Last edited by rayporsche; 07-26-17 at 08:07 AM.
    06-29-17 03:59 PM
    Where can get whatsup10
    09-17-17 04:35 AM
    just use the WA app from BBWorld or the official Android app. Whatsup10 is just an Android app and has the same limitations in regards to media sharing when run on BB10.
    09-17-17 04:50 AM
    I installed apk on the first time. Then I installed WhatsApp from BlackBerry World. Works fine with date of using limited to December.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-17 06:48 AM
    Why Blackberry usable apps r paided app why????

Posted via CB10
    10-12-17 10:19 PM
    I installed apk on the first time. Then I installed WhatsApp from BlackBerry World. Works fine with date of using limited to December.

Posted via CB10
    http://downloadapk.net/WhatsApp-Messenger.html

You can downloaded the android version from this site for free after Dec 31st to continuing using whatspp.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-17 11:12 PM
    The apk version does not support file sharing and hub integration. Anyway it still works. Or try Whatsup 10 by Nemory studios, an application designed for BlackBerry 10 devices. It will cost $2.99.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-17 11:18 PM
    The apk version does not support file sharing and hub integration. Anyway it still works. Or try Whatsup 10 by Nemory studios, an application designed for BlackBerry 10 devices. It will cost $2.99.

Posted via CB10
    I see that the Nemory Studio Whatsup 10 is not in the Blackberry World app database. How can I get it & download it?
    12-13-17 10:51 AM
    Better to head to playstore, install the android whatsapp and then get to blackberry world and search and install WhatsFixer and run it. It fixes the upload/download issue.

And U don't have to pay a dime. U even have video calls with it. Better than the BlackBerry 10 native whatsapp. Far better!

Posted via CB10
    12-18-17 02:48 PM
    Don't even bother to pay for WhatsUp 10 because I did. It's just an android version of WhatsApp. You better download it from Google Play Store or download directly from WhatsApp official website.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-17 06:41 AM
    I am using latest version of WhatsApp on my Q10, installed from Play Store.

You better started to bet on Android version since you will have a chance to use WhatsApp backup data when you choose to use Android in the future.

I have my 3 GB WhatsApp data (excluding video) continued on my Q10 since my Android broken. When sometime I want a high end Androids, then just have it backup on Q10 and put it on new Android.

It works great. All works ootb except: sending pictures and not native notification. For sending pictures, there's some workarounds out there and some people reported it works perfect. For non-native notification, I just have to accept it as is because it is the maximum what BlackBerry 10 offered to all Android apps. And I don't really care anyway...

By this fact, maybe I want a fastest BlackBerry 10 device next year. Passport?

Posted via CB10
    12-28-17 04:40 AM
    I am using latest version of WhatsApp on my Q10, installed from Play Store.

You better started to bet on Android version since you will have a chance to use WhatsApp backup data when you choose to use Android in the future.

I have my 3 GB WhatsApp data (excluding video) continued on my Q10 since my Android broken. When sometime I want a high end Androids, then just have it backup on Q10 and put it on new Android.

It works great. All works ootb except: sending pictures and not native notification. For sending pictures, there's some workarounds out there and some people reported it works perfect. For non-native notification, I just have to accept it as is because it is the maximum what BlackBerry 10 offered to all Android apps. And I don't really care anyway...

By this fact, maybe I want a fastest BlackBerry 10 device next year. Passport?

Posted via CB10
    If you rely on WhatsApp, after first of year, BB10 may not be devices for you anymore. KEYone will be closest to Passport that can guarantee WhatsApp compatibility after 1/1/2018. See the official information piece from the CrackBerry member that's actual WhatsApp developer:

Since there's plenty of speculation among everyone trying to mince words spread through a number of articles, I'd just like to clear up exactly what is going to happen with the BlackBerry 10 client*:

The December 31, 2017 date has not changed. It is for real this time. However, since I know that many of you will "run to town" on the forums if the app doesn't die in your face at the stroke of midnight, here's how things are actually going to happen (at least on BlackBerry 10):

Once the date passes Dec 31 2017, the app will go into "deprecation" mode. It will still continue to function for a short grace period, but some behaviors will change. Most importantly, you will no longer be able to re-register your account with the app. That means if you delete and reinstall it (or install it on a different phone), it will no longer allow you to verify your phone number and complete the setup process.

After the grace period, which is approximately two weeks after the published date, the app will go into "expired" mode. At this point it will stop functioning as a usable WhatsApp client, and thus will no longer connect to our servers. (Around this same time, our servers will stop allowing the client to connect as well.) However, once it is expired, the BlackBerry 10 client app may still allow you to access your existing message content on your phone. This behavior should be similar to what was seen by everyone who forgot to update their app the last time our published expiration date had passed.

Note: If you want to try the "Export for Android" feature that's been mentioned in some other threads, please do it (or at least try to do it) before your app is cut off. Part of the initial setup process for this feature requires a connection to our servers.

(* The client being referred to here is the native "WhatsApp for BlackBerry 10" application. None of our language refers to the Android client, because it has never been an officially supported option. The Android client may continue to work past this date, but no effort has been or will be made to ensure compatibility. As such, it could break at any time. Therefore, to continue using WhatsApp, switching to a real Android phone is strongly recommended.)
    glwerry likes this.
    12-28-17 08:39 AM
    Fck whats app.
    I use threema. Better than whats app.
    Sending pictures, files, music, videos etc...

https://threema.ch/en

Posted from my Z30 (10.3.2.2876) LoveBB10Apps - LoveBB10
    12-28-17 12:34 PM
    Fck whats app.
    I use threema. Better than whats app.
    Sending pictures, files, music, videos etc...

https://threema.ch/en

Posted from my Z30 (10.3.2.2876) LoveBB10Apps - LoveBB10
    See, that's all well and good for you, but many of these people have their entire communication world tied up in WhatsApp.

I don't use it myself, but I understand why people are all upset about this.
    Like was posted just above this message, WhatsApp is going to STOP working, the servers are NOT going to allow connections after a couple of weeks for the native app and the Android versions are NOT GUARANTEED to work.

So, I would say that relying on WhatsUp10 is VERY RISKY - the SMART thing to do would be to migrate to an ANDROID PHONE or get another platform for your communication.
    12-28-17 02:01 PM
    Yes, sure. I'm also hate WhatsApp from many viewpoint. But in fact, all of my friends, colleagues, office works, alumni, business... damn! They are all using WhatsApp Group. Even my office really depend on WhatsApp to send documents.

When my Q10 still support to run Android WhatsApp, BBM even worse to not let BBM ID used on my Q10 since it is already used in Android BBM. RIM (or BlackBerry inc whoever it is) really made it hard. They dig their own cemetary.

I keep my Q10 because it's form factor, and also it's robustness and flexibility of OS 10. This OS is perfect. It just not suported by main famous app developers.

Posted via CB10
    12-28-17 05:20 PM
    Yes, sure. I'm also hate WhatsApp from many viewpoint. But in fact, all of my friends, colleagues, office works, alumni, business... damn! They are all using WhatsApp Group. Even my office really depend on WhatsApp to send documents.

When my Q10 still support to run Android WhatsApp, BBM even worse to not let BBM ID used on my Q10 since it is already used in Android BBM. RIM (or BlackBerry inc whoever it is) really made it hard. They dig their own cemetary.

I keep my Q10 because it's form factor, and also it's robustness and flexibility of OS 10. This OS is perfect. It just not suported by main famous app developers.

Posted via CB10
    That's why time for move to KEYone ....
    12-29-17 05:16 PM
    My q10 is not supporting to what's app pls help
    01-17-18 08:54 PM
    My q10 is not supporting to what's app pls help
    Install the Android version. Links and directions are posted throughout CB.

Posted via CB10
    01-18-18 12:01 PM