What is more important? I do browse and type a LOT on a phone, I am trying to work out if settling for touchscreen typing on Z10 or an android is worth it for the bigger screen when browsing, watching tv/movies, etc.
    08-20-13 02:49 AM
    Well...that would depend on you! If multimedia is what you want out of your device having a larger display would be ideal! Choosing which device might be the dilemma. Z10 is amazing I must say, the keyboard is simply awesome --> I hate typing on glass but that was before I had the Z10 (I'm a Qwerty guy!)

IF android will work for you, then get the device that will suit your needs/preference. Had the Note as my backup device and browsing/watching videos was a joy i must admit on that 5" screen, but i'm not an android fan and my BBRY was my primary device. If BB10 is what you want, then go for the Z10 or the upcoming Z30!

I must say that the Q10's screen is sufficient (for me atleast as I came from the 9000 > 9900 > Q10) They've all progressively had increased screen size and I couldn't be happier...but watching videos etc on 1:1 isn't the best but does the job.
    DS1331 likes this.
    08-20-13 02:58 AM
    I'm not an android kind of guy either really. But buying a fully touch blackberry, it just doesn't feel right. I am more on the side of heavily typing/web browsing/utilising the hub and email services, but when I want to watch a tv show or movie I want it to look decent. Getting a Z10 just feels like I'd be getting the cons of both though. HTC One has the really high end screen and boom sound stereo as well, I would probably prefer them to the hub if my only options were Z10 and HTC One.
    08-20-13 03:24 AM
    I am just coming from the 9900 and bought the HTC One a week ago. If you have to type a lot and important stuff, keep in mind, the QWERTY has by far superior functionality. You can type without even thinking about it, means, you can think and type simultaneous. With the HTC One you have to focus between typing and thinking a little. it is really a trade off, the screen typing on android is a real compromise.

MrPommeroy
    DS1331 likes this.
    08-20-13 03:36 AM
    I had never bought a full touch BlackBerry before the Z10, I had had 13 full qwerty models before it.

The Z10 is incredibly easy to type on. I'm almost as good on my Z10 as I am on my Q10. It's perfect for watching videos and playing games, as well as typing long emails or texts.

10.2 has made the keyboard even better than before, and I honestly didn't think that was possible. I have friends with Androids and iPhones who have all remarked on how nice the keyboard is on the Z10.

I'm not a touch screen phone guy, but the Z10 has changed my perception of what a touch screen phone can be.

I use my new iPod touch much less now that I have a Z10. The keyboard on it just isn't as good, and the screen just seems small in comparison to the Z10's.

Posted via CB10
    08-20-13 03:59 AM
    Qwerty for me. I type much faster versus a touchscreen and I need my device for word processing.

Posted via CB10
    08-20-13 05:44 AM
    I like the feel of a keyboard but I can type just as fast on a touch screen. Then again I am not a fast typer.
    08-20-13 08:00 AM
    Qwerty for me

Posted via CB10
    08-20-13 11:07 AM
    Are you always in a hurry? Need to type fast? There is your answer. Pick whichever is faster for you to do.
    08-20-13 11:28 AM
    The only advantage of the Q10 over the Z10 is keyboard shortcuts and a bigger battery, and I'm willing to give up a full screen for it (that and I'm on Sprint that doesn't carry the Z10), but I don't really use my phone for media consumption, just mainly email, txt, voice calls and as a PDA, so the screen on the Q10 is fine for all that.
    If you go full touch screen and type a lot, go to your local cell phone store that has a live Z10 and try it out for at least 15 min, you'll be blown away how easy it is to type on compared to everything else out there. Oh, and if the Z10 they have is in "demo mode" get the sales person to get it out of demo mode before you use it.
    08-20-13 02:12 PM
    For me the problem isn't speed typing on a touch screen but accuracy. I think the experience is vastly improved on the Z10 but it can't replicate the sensation of typing on keys. I just prefer the feeling the keys rather than glass. I am willing to give up screen real estate to gain battery power and and qwerty.

Posted via CB10
    08-20-13 02:40 PM
    I suppose that by qwerty you mean a physical keyboard. A physical keyboard is nicer for me but it's very easy to get used to a virtual keyboard. I think iPhone has the best virtual keyboard around. It just isn't a big deal. It's just a matter of getting used to it. Of course it feels great to "come back" to the physical keyboard of a 9930 or Q10 but I can't rule out a great phone just because of it not having a physical keyboard.
    Having said that....... I have no desire or need for a bigger screen than that of a Q10 or even a 9930. No games, movies or anything like that with my phone use so the smaller the phone the better for me.
    08-20-13 02:48 PM
    Every virtual keyboard I tried was useless for me, had to come back to the Q10 to feel very very comfortable

Sent from HTC One and/or BlackBerry Q10
    08-20-13 03:38 PM
    I guess you want our opinions rather than a definitive answer for yourself? Honestly I'd take the keyboard everytime.
    08-20-13 03:41 PM
    For me, typing on glass feels sterile. I'm slower on my Q10 than my Z10 but it's easier on the Q10 too.

Posted via my CB Q10
    08-20-13 04:59 PM
    Physical keyboard for me, I don't use my phone as a full entertainment center, I have other device for that purpose, I don't care about 4 - 5 inch screen on my phone.

Posted via CB10
    08-20-13 05:10 PM
    Neither...whatever is the most efficient for messages and offers quick shortcuts.

Posted via CB10
    08-20-13 07:07 PM