In all seriousness. What does any BB10 phone do in a business setting that an Android phone or iPhone cannot?

Or what about BB10 feels more efficient than other phones for some people?

I know this thread was half joking but I'm curious.
    For me, it's all about the keyboard and Hub. The hub is the productivity tool I need to be able to stay on top of ALL messages. I don't have to open six or more apps to read and reply to messages.

The keyboard is just so much faster, especially since I'm in an industry where there is tons of punctuation, abbreviations, numbers, etc. The physical keyboard allows me to type so much faster than a touchscreen. I've had at least 6 different touchscreen phones over the past 5 years and have never gone a day on those without swearing at the keyboard.
    04-14-15 05:24 PM
    Agreed. I can't imagine anyone being productive on a full screen phone. I've never met anyone who actually uses their full screen phone to do serious work (emails, texts, take notes). Even friends who tote the latest iPhones and Android phones have admitted to me that they use those phones mainly for instant messaging, games and media consumption. Other than the odd (short) email reply, the full screen phone is hardly used for business/serious work. The fact that many folks buy add-on physical keyboards for their full screen phones is telling.

I've used keyboard phones since the Palm Tungsten W, Treo 650, BlackBerry Curve 8520, BlackBerry Bold 9780, Palm Pixi Plus, Bold 9900 & now Q10.

When using full screen phones such as the iPhone and Nokia Lumia 920, I cannot stand using the virtual keyboard and eventually refrained from using the virtual keyboard for anything serious, due to the typing errors that occurred, and the difficulty of formatting text using a virtual keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-15 08:03 PM
    I recently gave the Z30 a try for a few days as my business phone but I just couldn't get comfortable pounding out a high volume of emails with confidence. I like the Z30 but learned through experience that I need a physical keyboard for get the most done.

I'm now happily using the Q5 during my workdays . If I feel like experiencing some double typing, then I'll bring my Q10 out of retirement.

I use the Z30 on wifi at home in the evening to read and browse.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-15 09:48 PM
    Here we go again so this deserves mention for the umpteenth time - if BlackBerry phone is the best business productivity tool then BlackBerry the Company is the most productive company in the World
    04-14-15 10:00 PM
    You're right. It is.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-15 12:51 AM
    What's a businessman with out a Blackberry? Let's see

A businessman after 2012?

98% of all businessmen?

I'm sure there are others. Sort of like a caption contest.
    04-15-15 05:02 AM
    I recently gave the Z30 a try for a few days as my business phone but I just couldn't get comfortable pounding out a high volume of emails with confidence. I like the Z30 but learned through experience that I need a physical keyboard for get the most done.

I'm now happily using the Q5 during my workdays . If I feel like experiencing some double typing, then I'll bring my Q10 out of retirement.

I use the Z30 on wifi at home in the evening to read and browse.

Posted via CB10
    How do you like the Q5? I haven't even seen one in real life before. I like the design of it.

TJ Strozier of Astronomic Music Group
    04-15-15 05:31 AM
    Here we go again so this deserves mention for the umpteenth time - if BlackBerry phone is the best business productivity tool then BlackBerry the Company is the most productive company in the World
    BlackBerry doesn't have to be the "most productive company" because we're saying their phones are the best productivity tool. The phone itself only appeals to those who use it for extensive professional work. If I didn't have to work in Excel and type lengthy emails, my iPhone would do just fine.

04-15-15 05:34 AM
    But it's not the most productive.

Let's say you're flying and you need a boarding ticket in a pinch instead of waiting in a long line.

Use the xyz airliner's app. Done. On my Bb? waiting in line might actually be as quick or it may not be avail at all.

Jokes.

People stick with BlackBerry because it's what makes them feel good. It's not science. It's all heart.

Posted via CB10
    andy957 likes this.
    04-15-15 07:14 AM
    I'm sorry but I'm sure "business man (or woman)" aren't (I dare say shouldn't) defined by their mobile devices. I agree that my Q10 is excellent in many instances but I'm sure my GF uses her Sony Xperia for almost the same purpose as I do and I'm by no means better than her merely by my phone.

Posted via CB10
    It's funny how just 5yrs ago this was the deciding factor. Less games to keep you glued and away from productivity while mobile.

Posted using CB10 via Z10
    ams1700 likes this.
    04-15-15 07:19 AM
    I don't call myself a 'business man' but since I got my self on my company's BES with a work account and I feel myself on top of every thing with my Z30. Email, calendar, to do and enterprise IM plus organised with the Hub. I can't even imagine Androids or iPhones could give me the same experience I have now

Simply 
    So what about Sharepoint / Symphony intranet site access via authentication and shared drive access in order to edit, save and share links to said documents with your team (Work Drives)? What about RSA authentication via the official app and certificate with no need to carry an RSA token or a software version with IT properly restricting you access on your corporate laptop to connect to resources not someone sharing your laptop?! There is more though.

BlackBerry severely needs to shake the contacts calendar and email ONLY perception of being productive. Hyper connected world and people need much more than just PIM.

BlackBerry doesn't have to be the "most productive company" because we're saying their phones are the best productivity tool. The phone itself only appeals to those who use it for extensive professional work. If I didn't have to work in Excel and type lengthy emails, my iPhone would do just fine.

Curious. What Excel functionality do you really use on docs2go on your BlackBerry?!! I see people make similar claims yet nobody has backed it up with what they do? BlackBerry has not posted official commands or formulas that are possible in full to the public nor on their btsc public db site. Because of this I've never used it, never needed to support it in 5 corporations the last 12 yrs!

Looking for more real world use information especially from osmometers using work drives and Sharepoint access to linked spreadsheets with formulas Co linked.

andy957 likes this.
    04-15-15 07:29 AM
    So what about Sharepoint / Symphony intranet site access via authentication and shared drive access in order to edit, save and share links to said documents with your team (Work Drives)?
    Got that too! ;-)
    Supa_Fly1 likes this.
    04-15-15 09:01 AM
    You sir would make a good "Current day journalist". With titles like this you are good at click bait. Consider a career change.
    04-15-15 09:16 AM
    So what about Sharepoint / Symphony intranet site access via authentication and shared drive access in order to edit, save and share links to said documents with your team (Work Drives)? What about RSA authentication via the official app and certificate with no need to carry an RSA token or a software version with IT properly restricting you access on your corporate laptop to connect to resources not someone sharing your laptop?! There is more though.

BlackBerry severely needs to shake the contacts calendar and email ONLY perception of being productive. Hyper connected world and people need much more than just PIM.

Curious. What Excel functionality do you really use on docs2go on your BlackBerry?!! I see people make similar claims yet nobody has backed it up with what they do? BlackBerry has not posted official commands or formulas that are possible in full to the public nor on their btsc public db site. Because of this I've never used it, never needed to support it in 5 corporations the last 12 yrs!

Looking for more real world use information especially from osmometers using work drives and Sharepoint access to linked spreadsheets with formulas Co linked.

The argument that BB are better business tools is absurd in my opinion. I can use actual Excel on my iPhone. I use Keynote (I could use PowerPoint if wanted) on my desktop and save on iCloud and can give the presentation on my phone; it uploads automatically from iCloud. There are many important business tools available on Android or iOS that can't be found readily on BB.
    JosevuN3 likes this.
    04-15-15 11:04 AM
    A TRUE business man will always find ways to excel and improvise

Posted via CB10
    04-15-15 02:36 PM
    But it's not the most productive.

Let's say you're flying and you need a boarding ticket in a pinch instead of waiting in a long line.

Use the xyz airliner's app. Done. On my Bb? waiting in line might actually be as quick or it may not be avail at all.

Jokes.

People stick with BlackBerry because it's what makes them feel good. It's not science. It's all heart.

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry travel, air Canada app, porter.. the apps are there but you can't be picky. You'll be forced to use an alternative most of the time. Or you go the android route.

And that last comment? Because it makes them feel good? Hmm no. I personally made the switch and stayed because I thought the entire OS is very good at what it does. IPhone isn't good at anything without its appstore.

Posted via CB10
    Mansoor2 likes this.
    04-15-15 02:54 PM
    How do you like the Q5? I haven't even seen one in real life before. I like the design of it.

In answer to your question, I actually am really enjoying the Q5 experience.

This is because I really like the size of the Q5 phone in hand and pocket. Also I enjoy the very minimalist aesthetic of the design. And the screen is easier to see compared to the Amoled.

The performance of the device is as good as the Q10 in my usage. It seems just as fast to me. I never use the HDMI. I never once removed the battery in my Q10, and the odd time when I got low and had to use the battery bundle on the Q10, I just plugged in the bundle rather than swap batteries. And if anything, my experience is that the battery lasts longer in the Q5. By 10pm usually the Q5 is at 50% compared to 35% on the Q10.

The one weakness about the Q5 that I found was it is a little slippery to hold without a case. So that is easily remedied with an inexpensive soft or hard case.

And the 10.3 works very well on it.

I don't use apps so the 8g isn't an issue. I'm 80 % communications with the phone, including talking.

So my decision to go with the Q5 isn't about the lowest cost. I already own the Q10, Z10 and Z30. Rather the decision is based on usability.

(also, if folks are looking for a backup phone or travel phone, consider the Q5)

Posted via CB10
    04-15-15 05:00 PM
    BlackBerry travel, air Canada app, porter.. the apps are there but you can't be picky. You'll be forced to use an alternative most of the time. Or you go the android route.

And that last comment? Because it makes them feel good? Hmm no. I personally made the switch and stayed because I thought the entire OS is very good at what it does. IPhone isn't good at anything without its appstore.

Posted via CB10
    That is a bit of an understatement to say you can't be picky. You mean you have to fly Air Canada. And saying that the iPhone isn't good without the AppStore is a bit like saying a Ferrari isn't good without its engine. Well, yeah, but the whole point the engine. And an iPhone is a mobile phone/computer with a vast array of available software. In 2015 that's the point of a smartphone.
    04-15-15 09:02 PM

And Android phones cannot open Excel files? By the way, real Excel work is not looking at spreadsheets and changing a number or two. Real Excel work is using macros, pivot tables, and importing & exporting data between Excel & Access and dealing with thousands of records. The type of Excel work you're mentioning is Mickey Mouse stuff. As for productivity, the fact that a BB10 phone can open a program half a second faster than an Android or IPhone and saying it's more productive is ludicrous.
    JosevuN3 and lmcteo like this.
    04-15-15 09:06 PM
    You're right. It is.

Posted via CB10
    In what corporate world would that be?
    04-15-15 09:09 PM
    If blackberry bankrupt, then the"real" businessmen will be extinct as well LOL

Sabbe Satta Bhavantu Sukitatta - Posted via CB
    04-15-15 11:46 PM
    That is a bit of an understatement to say you can't be picky. You mean you have to fly Air Canada.
    Huh? Doesn't mean that at all. BlackBerry travel does the job too for majority of airlines. I'm saying every BlackBerry 10 user should understand what apps are available to them and the issue is more complex than just having BlackBerry flicking their fingers to get developer support. The number one way to get native apps is for BlackBerry 10 users to demand it directly to those developers and I don't think enough people are doing that.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Dave Bourque; 04-16-15 at 02:26 AM.
    04-16-15 12:46 AM
    What's A BlackBerry Without A Businessman?
    04-16-15 02:21 AM
    The argument that BB are better business tools is absurd in my opinion. I can use actual Excel on my iPhone. I use Keynote (I could use PowerPoint if wanted) on my desktop and save on iCloud and can give the presentation on my phone; it uploads automatically from iCloud. There are many important business tools available on Android or iOS that can't be found readily on BB.
    I think it's not only about the apps but it's about how the how is built to serve for a purpose. The whole combination of phone's security, Hub, call quality, BES, battery life that makes it the ideal business tool

Simply 
    04-16-15 02:25 AM
    Then you must be better than tim cook - in business particularly

Sabbe Satta Bhavantu Sukitatta - Posted via CB
    Tim Cook could never be compared to Jobs IMHO

Posted via CB10
    04-16-15 04:40 AM
72 123